With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

Maybe the research&duplication method could be made even smoother? When you finish researching the full amount of the item, it could plop out the duplication button for that item alone right away on that same screen until the next time you switch away from that screen or close inventory, instead of you necessarily then having to switch to the other menu and manually search for it among all the other items. Because if you research something then you probably want some of it back right away. Or have like a "recently researched items" row on the top part of the default duplication menu tab so you find them instantly

One suggestion I have is I wish the block replacement had a speed setting, at least in journey mode. It looks a bit sluggish in the video
It's tied to the pickaxe you have in your inventory, to remove the block you're trying to replace. It was taking 2 ticks because of his low pickaxe, a stronger one would've mined out dirt/wood/brick/etc in one tick so then it just becomes instantaneous

it looks great, i like the idea of having a creative world, im just disappointed, i knew there was going to be a barbed hook when i saw the meaty bait that was the rumor of journey mode... which means i cant use journey mode to benefit me at all, id figured you'd only be able to use most of the abilities in the a journey world, i didn't expect it to literally just be a carbon copy of every other games creative mode, with absolutely no benefit, just to screw around

im just now realizing this isnt going to be very good on console, atleast on PC you can upload the world as an adventure world or something, but not for console, we cant do that.... plus im betting there is an even bigger barbed hook we haven't been told yet, like maybe all achievements are disabled for journey mode or something

should have just named it creative, because atleast with a journey you can invite anyone or go anywhere, but not this mode, your exclusively locked to other creative character and not allowed to go to non creative worlds...fun :sigh::(

it looks great, i like the idea of having a creative world, im just disappointed, i knew there was going to be a barbed hook when i saw the meaty bait that was the rumor of journey mode... which means i cant use journey mode to benefit me at all, id figured you'd only be able to use most of the abilities in the a journey world, i didn't expect it to literally just be a carbon copy of every other games creative mode, with absolutely no benefit, just to screw around

im just now realizing this isnt going to be very good on console, atleast on PC you can upload the world as an adventure world or something, but not for console, we cant do that.... plus im betting there is an even bigger barbed hook we haven't been told yet, like maybe all achievements are disabled for journey mode or something

should have just named it creative, because atleast with a journey you can invite anyone or go anywhere, but not this mode, your exclusively locked to other creative character and not allowed to go to non creative worlds...fun :sigh::(
I feel you missed half of features and point of Journey Mode.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what happens if say you summon a boss on the lowest health scale, get it down to 100 health or so and then vamp up the difficultly bar, will the boss then drop the Expert loot? Also what if you did it vice versa?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what happens if say you summon a boss on the lowest health scale, get it down to 100 health or so and then vamp up the difficultly bar, will the boss then drop the Expert loot? Also what if you did it vice versa?
i hope it heals the boss, so you don't cheat into getting expert or master loot easy, or it doesn't change the boss.

The part with the research of items to freely duplicate them is amazing. What would be very helpful is, if every researched item would get some very small symbol on the item icon. With that i would always know which items i can freely duplicate and could throw most stuff away from my chests. It would also be very awseome to combine this feature with the crafting.
Example: i have 2 researched items that are needed for crafting, but i don't have a single of these items in my inventory/chests, but it would still be possible to craft this item because the needed items are researched. Very excited for the update.

I imagine a monster that's already been spawned isn't going to level up or have its loot pool be changed. It's already there on the field, changing the difficulty slider isn't going to make the Normal mode stats Destroyer suddenly have tripled attack since it's already on the map.

It's unprecedented, but that's how I'd have approached it. Dynamic difficulty scaling for what you spawn in, but one you spawn it in it's locked in.

I'm also not really concerned about anything potentially "broken" coming out of Journey mode because... it's entirely self-contained. It doesn't matter how many Treasure Bags a Journey character can get.. they won't be able to share that loot with people that want to play legitimately...

It's about sitting back and having fun. What you do is up to you, and Journey is absolutely, 100% my aesthetic. It might even become my new default.

Real question though, please - When we do Research and Duplication by feeding items into the um ... ... bunny ... factory .. thing.... what remembers that progress? Is it the character, or the world?

In other words, if I make a Journey character (because we have to.) and bring it into World "A" and feed it 100 torches, then go into Journey World "B" will torches be unlocked for ME, or will they not be unlocked for that WORLD?

Real question though, please - When we do Research and Duplication by feeding items into the um ... ... bunny ... factory .. thing.... what remembers that progress? Is it the character, or the world?

In other words, if I make a Journey character (because we have to.) and bring it into World "A" and feed it 100 torches, then go into Journey World "B" will torches be unlocked for ME, or will they not be unlocked for that WORLD?
I would think it would be on the character, so you don't have to start over progress if you want to build stuff on a new world.

Back
Top Bottom