With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

Real question though, please - When we do Research and Duplication by feeding items into the um ... ... bunny ... factory .. thing.... what remembers that progress? Is it the character, or the world?

In other words, if I make a Journey character (because we have to.) and bring it into World "A" and feed it 100 torches, then go into Journey World "B" will torches be unlocked for ME, or will they not be unlocked for that WORLD?

I would think it would be on the character, so you don't have to start over progress if you want to build stuff on a new world.

Character

How do these settings work in multiplayer, especially on a dedicated server? Does everyone have the ability to control all settings? That's honestly OK with me, I just want to make sure it's not just the host (unless the dedicated client also has commands to change stuff)

How do these settings work in multiplayer, especially on a dedicated server? Does everyone have the ability to control all settings? That's honestly OK with me, I just want to make sure it's not just the host (unless the dedicated client also has commands to change stuff)
it is all players

i like the idea but i have a little issue i feel like people should experience the game before they are able to play this mode like they have to finish the game on normal mode to unlock? I dont know its just an idea its just i think new players would just get bored a lot faster...

Is there some way of seeing from an item's icon whether or not you have researched it?
I don't really want to have to type every item in my inventory into the search bar to check whether I've researched it yet.

Is there some way of seeing from an item's icon whether or not you have researched it?
I don't really want to have to type every item in my inventory into the search bar to check whether I've researched it yet.
it says on the item in chippy's video how may more you need to research in order to duplicate it.

@Kelp Oh, a question: Will there be a way to see what items you are missing from the duplication menu? Completionists like myself would *love* that kind of info.

@Kelp Oh, a question: Will there be a way to see what items you are missing from the duplication menu? Completionists like myself would *love* that kind of info.
I'm not a developer nor am I actively involved in testing! Sorry! Not that I'd say either way. So I can't answer that.
I'm sure there is some sort of way to keep track of stuff though.

I'm not a developer nor am I actively involved in testing! Sorry! Not that I'd say either way. So I can't answer that.
I'm sure there is some sort of way to keep track of stuff though.
I really hope so, my OCD would cry otherwise XD
As would mine. But I trust the devs. If there isn't then I'll whack them with a newspaper ;(
Hate to break it to you guys... but there isn't. Get the paper out Kelp!

On that note, how does it decide the difficulty, since its also said that difficulty settings are world-wide, do they just go with the hardest difficulty set? the easiest?
they can change it in journey mode, first it's in journey, but i think anyone could change the difficulty.

they can change it in journey mode, first it's in journey, but i think anyone could change the difficulty.
yes, that's my issue, in Journey mode anyone can change difficulty, and in journey mode it was stated difficulty settings are world-wide, so how does it decide which difficulty to use if everyone has a different setting?

I'm guessing that the difficulty slider emulates world difficulties. At first glance, I thought it set a damage slider or something. But what do I know. Can't wait to see it for myself.

If it does emulate world difficulty and it gives us access to Expert or Master mode items, and we use them (Like the Demon Heart to get a 6th accessory slot.) what happens after we slide it back down to normal mode again? Do we lose those benefits and can't use Expert-only items? Or....?

Back
Top Bottom