With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

I CANNOT WAIT the only problem is that it will be the last update to my all-time favorite game ever :(

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I know the devs *say* they're done after this, but they've been obsessively updating the game for free for almost a decade now, I think they're more obsessed with the game than we are! ;p

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I know the devs *say* they're done after this, but they've been obsessively updating the game for free for almost a decade now, I think they're more obsessed with the game than we are! ;p
They did say minor bugfixes and very small content patches weren't out of the question.

Glass Kiln, honey dispenser, and the alchemy station are all pretty rare as is. It's no more tedious than the current default of crafting everything (in fact, it's less tedious because you don't have to worry about storage anymore.
Glass Kiln is craftable. The alchemy station is more a matter of combing the dungeon for it, I don't think I've ever had a world without one that I can honestly say of, but I guess you haven't been as lucky on this. The Honey Dispenser would be the one of those three that might take a good bit of time or another world to find depending on how friendly RNG is to you when it generates the ivy chest.
I agree that it is less tedious, not just in the matter of storage, but also the fact of unlimited crafting resources once researched alleviating a lot of the potential grind for resources. This doesn't negate the tedious nature of crafting everything however just to research it, especially if you meet the component and crafting station conditions. It never hurts to strive for a better quality of life. :dryadwink:

It also occurred to me that discovery of craftable items might be a moot point as well. The guide will show you everything you can craft with an item, any other components needed, and the crafting station that you need to be near. The crafting menu will display everything you can craft with what you have in your inventory and/or the chest you have open.
The thing is... couldn't you just go to the crafting station? That is, if you know all of the research for the components of a thing, and you're standing in front of a crafting station, wouldn't it be good if you could just hit a button that says, "Look, I can dupe-up all of this stuff and make any number of X's right here, so let me research X without having to click all those buttons."
So this suggestion seems like a pretty solid QoL idea to me.

Glass Kiln is craftable. The alchemy station is more a matter of combing the dungeon for it, I don't think I've ever had a world without one that I can honestly say of, but I guess you haven't been as lucky on this. The Honey Dispenser would be the one of those three that might take a good bit of time or another world to find depending on how friendly RNG is to you when it generates the ivy chest.
I agree that it is less tedious, not just in the matter of storage, but also the fact of unlimited crafting resources once researched alleviating a lot of the potential grind for resources. This doesn't negate the tedious nature of crafting everything however just to research it, especially if you meet the component and crafting station conditions. It never hurts to strive for a better quality of life. :dryadwink:

It also occurred to me that discovery of craftable items might be a moot point as well. The guide will show you everything you can craft with an item, any other components needed, and the crafting station that you need to be near. The crafting menu will display everything you can craft with what you have in your inventory and/or the chest you have open.

So this suggestion seems like a pretty solid QoL idea to me.
Eeeeeh... It's not the end of the world. I wouldn't mind this, but I still don't think it's necessary.

This update adds so much, But this is the one thing that saddens me. For a while I was thinking they would eventually add a Hallow biome counterpart, Given that both the "Evil" Biome & even the ores rotate out. The setup screen, And with this being the last update ensures it will never happen. (The Hallow's rather colourful and its enemies are based on fantasy characters, I was speculating a biome based mostly around light. (Underground would have a material similar to the crystals, But they would be comprised of yellows/whites rather than blues/pinks) It wouldn't have a boss, Given that the Hallow doesn't have its own either.))

It's a shame, But there's so much in this update that improve all aspects of the game that I really don't have the right to complain.

Last edited:
Uh... I'm referring to whether a mod with "increased spawn rate" will overlap or fail with the travel mode.

First mod request for when tModLoader is up and running: Trashed items automatically count toward research in Journey Mode.

What if someone creates a mod in Terraria to add an achievement button in the power menu

Edit: When tModLoader comes out for 1.4

Wait a minute, is that a new net I see?
1588897008067.png

Back
Top Bottom