With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

This looks awesome! I'm already envisioning trashing a new world for "reseach puposes". Mwahahaha! To all who have worked so hard over the years on this game, you really rock! I'm still working my way through the last update that brought the ability on mobile to save worlds. (I had worlds on 3 tablets.) This is probably a bit early to ask, but any idea yet what the specs might be for mobile? (Fingers crossed, making preparations to sacrifice to the Moon Lord, & whatever else I can think of that my current devices will still be good enough.)
I'd also like to say thanks to all the people who maintain a very nice forum board to visit.
Edit: Moved post to the correct topic.

I would call it Creative Mode with a smart twist. While it's not something I personally would play, I can totally see why most people like the idea. Good job, like always :)

Events and bosses will still spawn mobs, but you have the power to control time now. :)

Yeah, skipping ahead to the next day or night would work too, so that's cool.

I think he's referring to the spawn rate that events increase.

No, I'm referring to how the Blood Moon and Solar Eclipse events cause monsters to spawn within range of NPCs where enemy spawns would normally be suppressed. Normally once a spawn-free zone is established, you can just build away there night and day without stopping until you want to. But then one of those events happens and you might be able to carry on as normal during a Blood Moon if things are already built up properly, but if it's an Eclipse, you gotta stop building and leave your town entirely in order to stop your NPCs from getting killed. I find that sudden forced building stop to be very annoying, especially once I've survived several of the events and thus proven that I could handle them. I've long wished there was a way to cancel them entirely at that point, and it looks like we finally have one. I just wish it weren't exclusive to Journey mode, but rather, say, a reverse Solar Tablet that could be earned in standard play as well, but hey, that's better than nothing.

Last edited:
100 haha :D

And for the topic, keep up great work. With this mode i cannot decide should i play regular terraria or journey mode first.
Uh... Most members of the Terraria community in China were able to obtain 666 broken hero swords during a solar eclipse. (maybe it's a meme LOL)

Random thought/question: If you turn the enemies off in Journey Mode and/or activate God Mode, will Skeletron still kill you for trying to enter the Dungeon before lifting the curse?

Random thought/question: If you turn the enemies off in Journey Mode and/or activate God Mode, will Skeletron still kill you for trying to enter the Dungeon before lifting the curse?

Skeletron doesn't kill you; the Dungeon Guardian does. If enemy spawning is off, then I see no reason why the DG would be exempt from that. And if God Mode is on, that basically means you don't take damage, so I see no reason why the DG would be exempt from that.

I'm willing to bet it'll be like HERO mod God Mode. With God Mode on, the Dungeon Guardian will just heat-seek you, center itself on your character, and spin indefinitely until you do 9,999 damage over the course of the next few hours while being immensely annoyed at its incessant spinning or you log out.

I don't think disabling spawns will kill (Or remove) all enemies present in the world. That would be too cheesy.

Back
Top Bottom