With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

Will there be a linux dedicated server immediately on launch? I'm trying to host a server immediately at launch and need to know if I have ot use windows or if I can use linux.
As far as I'm aware, there will be dedicated server programs for all three (Windows/Linux/Mac) at launch.

Someone may have answered this already, but when you duplicate a weapon, does it give you a new modifier, the same modifier, or no modifier at all.
I love this new idea of journey mode, as it's like a creative mode but you still have to work to reap the rewards.
<3

Someone may have answered this already, but when you duplicate a weapon, does it give you a new modifier, the same modifier, or no modifier at all.
I love this new idea of journey mode, as it's like a creative mode but you still have to work to reap the rewards.
<3

Agreed, i am so hyped for Saturday when I can get started with playing in Journey Mode. Ugh, why do days have to take so long! :(

[QUOTE = "Джейхун, должность: 1950520, участник: 181283»]
Не могу ждать ~: Вздыхать:
[/ QUOTE] осталось всего 2 дня и наконецто 1.4 а столько нового лучше нам бы не говорили что 1.4 будет через несколько дней!!! Лучше чтоб все удивились они выпустили обнову а потом только сказали бы что обнова есть

Yes you can, it can be seen in Chippy's video at 4:58 (you have to freezeframe). 100 copper coins to unlock.
So basically you only need to get one silver, turn it into 100 copper, research, duplicate 10000 copper, turn it into 100 silver, research, duplicate 10000 silver, turn it into 100 gold, research, duplicate 10000 gold, turn it into 100 platinum, research, and bam! infinite platinum after playing a couple minutes.

I have a server that I want to host a Journey mode difficulty world on. Will it be possible to restrict the controls that individuals get? I have a group of friends who want to play a normal master difficulty world and then use the journey mode controls after we've finished the story. (Common sense would be to set the world to master difficulty and just not use the optional controls but not everyone can be trusted with their self restrain)

If you can't trust people not to push Journey Mode buttons they agreed not to push, why are they allowed on the server?

Because sometimes your friends aren't perfect, but fun to game with. I know it's a niche problem but has there been any mention of how much control you can give to each player if you host your own server?

Hmm. That time speed is useful for Plantera's bulbs spawning. And infection spread, if you really want to overwhelm your world
Or you could go the other way and freeze time, therefore no infection spread whatsoever, and no pesky zombies if it's always high noon.
(I'm assuming you can still move around and play when time is frozen)

you know... i just now thought of something, forgive me if it's already been asked, this topic has grown considerably...

but can we research/duplicate crates that we fish up?

if so, can they be opened and contain all the items they normally contain?

what about truffle worms? duping them would definitely help with farming duke fishron...

Or you could go the other way and freeze time, therefore no infection spread whatsoever, and no pesky zombies if it's always high noon.
(I'm assuming you can still move around and play when time is frozen)

that is unnecessary, because you can actually turn off the infection spread, if i recall correctly.

so you can have time proceed as normal and still prevent the spread.

you know... i just now thought of something, forgive me if it's already been asked, this topic has grown considerably...

but can we research/duplicate crates that we fish up?

if so, can they be opened and contain all the items they normally contain?

what about truffle worms? duping them would definitely help with farming duke fishron...

There's really no reason for any particular item to be exempt from research. Sure, if you fish up a hundred or so crates, you can get a bunch of ores and such of any kind, which will trivialize a lot of research. But even so, fishing up a hundred crates isn't exactly easy. And it's not like you can't do something similar with the Extratinator.

And they've already said boss summons can be duped, so there's no reason to expect Truffle worms to be any different.

Back
Top Bottom