With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

Oh wow. That is quite amazing - and to think I've never even gone into Hard Mode because there was just so much content, and I always got burned out on scavenging everything inside the Dungeon. But with these Pylons, and with the Void-inventories, I should no longer get so burned out! And it allows me to make awesome houses in many biomes, too!

Two questions though:
- Is there any reason not to play Journey Mode? For example, maybe the map generator won't generate certain Expert-mode Chest-only items? Is it possible to get literally any item that exists in Terraria in my game, without using multiple maps?
- Can we be assured that the map generator will generate all biomes and special features, such as a Living Tree or a Pyramid, including all the special chest-only items?

Those two points seem like something for Journey Mode, not?

Oh wow. That is quite amazing - and to think I've never even gone into Hard Mode because there was just so much content, and I always got burned out on scavenging everything inside the Dungeon. But with these Pylons, and with the Void-inventories, I should no longer get so burned out! And it allows me to make awesome houses in many biomes, too!

Two questions though:
- Is there any reason not to play Journey Mode? For example, maybe the map generator won't generate certain Expert-mode Chest-only items? Is it possible to get literally any item that exists in Terraria in my game, without using multiple maps?
- Can we be assured that the map generator will generate all biomes and special features, such as a Living Tree or a Pyramid, including all the special chest-only items?

Those two points seem like something for Journey Mode, not?

I don't imagine the devs would go to all the trouble of making something as awesome as Journey Mode promises to be, and then begin carving out content. This is re-logic, not EA/Ubisoft/Activsion/etc.

Will we get the extra accessory slot in journey mode if we set the slider to master mode? If not doesn't that put us at a HUGE disadvantage in master mode difficulty in journey mode worlds?

Will we get the extra accessory slot in journey mode if we set the slider to master mode? If not doesn't that put us at a HUGE disadvantage in master mode difficulty in journey mode worlds?
That's actually exactly how we found out about the extra slot for master mode, because Chippy set it to Master in his Journey Mode video and he gained an extra slot.

That's actually exactly how we found out about the extra slot for master mode, because Chippy set it to Master in his Journey Mode video and he gained an extra slot.
Oh, cool thanks. DO we know what happens if you set the slider back down? Does the accessory pop into your inventory or do you keep it on? I'm planning to play with a mix of newbiess and vets and the newbies want expert mode

Oh, cool thanks. DO we know what happens if you set the slider back down? Does the accessory pop into your inventory or do you keep it on? I'm planning to play with a mix of newbiess and vets and the newbies want expert mode

If you put an extra item into the bonus accessory slot after killing the wall of flesh in expert mode, the item remains in that slot but is greyed out and provides no bonus if you then go into a normal world. i would assume the same thing applies if you lower the difficulty in Journey Mode.

If you put an extra item into the bonus accessory slot after killing the wall of flesh in expert mode, the item remains in that slot but is greyed out and provides no bonus if you then go into a normal world. i would assume the same thing applies if you lower the difficulty in Journey Mode.
So you're thinking if you put the slider on master mode then put it down the slot will just grey out and be unusable but still there? cool. Also I didn't realize the slot was disabled on normal worlds in expert because I never play normal.

I am definitely excited, but being as a player on the PlayStation 4 console version, will Journey's end make it to the console release?
I have no idea either. I play PS4 as well and the only info I know about that is that it should come out soon after the PC release tomorrow, but I don't know. When the 1.3.5 update released for both console and PC it was noticed that the console was experiencing some glitches and bugs, such as the transparent block glitch. It could be possible that the hotfix they will make for the consoles can be inside of the 1.4 update, but I don't want to get my hopes up. They are working hard and doing their best so we can get the best experience with no bugs, so as long as that is their priority I am grateful and staying as patient as much as I can.:) I also heard it may be on the 17th, but that's just speculation from one of the Terraria communities I'm part of lol.

I have no idea either. I play PS4 as well and the only info I know about that is that it should come out soon after the PC release tomorrow, but I don't know. When the 1.3.5 update released for both console and PC it was noticed that the console was experiencing some glitches and bugs, such as the transparent block glitch. It could be possible that the hotfix they will make for the consoles can be inside of the 1.4 update, but I don't want to get my hopes up. They are working hard and doing their best so we can get the best experience with no bugs, so as long as that is their priority I am grateful and staying as patient as much as I can.:) I also heard it may be on the 17th, but that's just speculation from one of the Terraria communities I'm part of lol.
But if you know (anyone) notify me too so I may be able to prepare

There's no estimate for when 1.4 will get ported to console. It definitely won't be on the 17th in two days.

There's no estimate for when 1.4 will get ported to console. It definitely won't be on the 17th in two days.
Okay thank you sooooo much for clarifying that for me because I would rather hear it from a dev or moderator than a random joe shmoe on the internet. If and when The news is out about the 1.4 update or any bug fixes that are coming in the future to console, please share or respond back to me about it so I can prepare. I don't visit this forum a lot so that is why I ask, but thank you a lot for the date conformation. Have a good rest of your day and stay safe during this tough time. :D

Okay thank you sooooo much for clarifying that for me because I would rather hear it from a dev or moderator than a random joe shmoe on the internet. If and when The news is out about the 1.4 update or any bug fixes that are coming in the future to console, please share or respond back to me about it so I can prepare. I don't visit this forum a lot so that is why I ask, but thank you a lot for the date conformation. Have a good rest of your day and stay safe during this tough time. :D
I'm happy to help. :) If you're wanting definitive and official news, I'd suggest that you check out this section first (and if you don't want to visit regularly, you can turn notifications on for this section only): Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio

You can also follow Pipeworks (the team porting the game to console) here: Pipeworks Studios (@pipeworks) | Twitter
Official Terraria twitter is here: Terraria Official (@Terraria_Logic) | Twitter

If there is news about a console release, those two twitters will announce it.

I'm happy to help. :) If you're wanting definitive and official news, I'd suggest that you check out this section first (and if you don't want to visit regularly, you can turn notifications on for this section only): Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio

You can also follow Pipeworks (the team porting the game to console) here: Pipeworks Studios (@pipeworks) | Twitter
Official Terraria twitter is here: Terraria Official (@Terraria_Logic) | Twitter

If there is news about a console release, those two twitters will announce it.
Okeydokey

I don't imagine the devs would go to all the trouble of making something as awesome as Journey Mode promises to be, and then begin carving out content. This is re-logic, not EA/Ubisoft/Activsion/etc.
True, of course, but we can't for example generate a world with both Copper and Tin ore, or Demonite and Crimtane, right? I would have expected such possibilities, to be able to have one world that holds all the content ever possible (I do believe we can fish them up, but...?).

You can actually get alt ores and stuff with slush blocks and silt blocks.

EDIT: You're gonna have to make multiple worlds anyway, there's multiple dungeons, stuff that has a chance not to spawn in world gen, and so on.

Yes, exactly - I would have expected Journey Mode to offer customisation options on that level (ensure that the Dungeon contains all three themes, or select your own Dungeon theme - or, respawn the Dungeon in pristine form, but with one theme replacing the other). But ah well. :)

A world generated using the '05162020' seed generates all pre-Hardmode ores with crimson and corruption biomes. After WoF destroying six altars generates all Hardmode ores.
Edit: included Hardmode ores

Back
Top Bottom