Without Context, Summarize Terraria

Aaronyxia

Empress of Light
Games can often sound very strange to people who have never played them. Exponentially stranger if the game is summarized without context. I'd like to hear how you would explain Terraria, without context and as funny as you can, to people who have never played or seen the game before!

Rules:
  • Please obey all TCF Rules; including rules about conduct and double posts.
  • Please be creative! No "get blocks, build stuff, i dunno".
  • If you use pictures, keep it family friendly! People of all ages play this game, and even if they are too young to join the forums, they can still could get here through Google searches. If a child shouldn't see it, then it shouldn't be posted here. This also means no strong language!
  • No arguing! Some people like to pick on things or be sarcastic with their humor. Take everything here for what it is: a joke.
  • Have fun with it! This is meant to be fun, so let your imagination fly!
I can't wait to see your summaries!

Terraria is more, much more than just "a 2D Minecraft"

It's because Terraria is a solid open Metroidvania inside a sandbox game. with content that's overflowing you so you can take on different challenges each time, every time. while the goals in this metroidvania can remain the same, the Terrain changes everytime. allowing you to discover and recover things over and over and over again in each playthrough. Not only that, but the different classes you take will also change the goals you need to do, allowing you to play the game in a new experience where the difficulity may or may not be different. There's so much content that allows you to replay the game it in so many different ways. And the nicest part is that you have the freedom to do such challenges.

Besides the adventure, the game is also very rich in creativity, Where Minecraft has blocks and redstone most of the time. Terraria has the furniture and details in their background objects that can be combined with each other with a creative use of paint. It's a game where a glitch managed to make science.

No game's perfect however, Terraria has the things with RNG sometimes is messing up. making sometimes the grind really long for something that may or may not be worth it.

But because of it's appealing artstyle, sillyness, randomness, super fast-and-user-friendly interface and free content updates. I consider this game worth the time I've invested into.

In the wonderful world of Terra-Mantis, you can play as a superhuman, pixelated dwyane johnson or a pixelated internet "wife", where you basically run around collecting resources so you can beat up a tentacle monster from space, who happens to shoot laser beams. If you carry a horseshoe around with you, your body will become completely immune to all types of fall-damage, whether it be if you're falling from SPACE or if your ego levels are falling.

Another fun thing to do in Terraria is watch someone like Yrimir (before you watch him you have to pee your pants because he uploaded today) and try to replicate what he did and fail miserably.

Terrarium is critically acclaimed, and my personal favorite activity is to have my better geared friends kill all the bosses for ke because that's fun apparently.

One last tip, if you don't kill the flying skeleton monster outside of the dungeon, you will be killed by another flying spaghet- skeleton monster, but this time he became a beyblade.

Join Torbjorn's Magical Castle today!

-- I deleted my first one cause I unintentionally didn't read the rules --

a game where you start out poor and you have to bid to the guides every advice just to make a living. E V E R Y T H I N G

yeah, sadly this is as far as my imagination can go...

You have miraculously been reborn into a two-dimensional universe, having only one world without a solar system. In order to strive victorious you keep your town safe, it all starts off peacefully. Your town is beautifully placed on a flat plateau to the east for sunshine in the morning. Afterwards you noticed you still haven't really had an adventure, and it's almost night time. You figured it was great timing to head back west, and luckily you found a hill to explore before dark. Thankfully you've gathered enough gel from slimes on the path here to barely gather the torches to find a wooden chest. This particular chest has a Suspicious Looking Eye, with a tool tip of "Summons Eye of Cthulhu", and knowing you just started, you want to know how this is defeated, but don't want to waste our summon. Continuing further down the cave you carefully look into uncharted territory, and stumbling what appears to be a broken down building. While you reach closer to it you hear a ticking sound, and got scared from it you jumped closer to the building and happens to be a boulder falling down.

Eh I'm confused now I exactly wouldn't tell a story to summarize lol. Also it's sort of describing the game itself, right? Also what would count as context, and if I continue I'd eventually end up to Moon-Lord lmao, shall I continue?

([incorporates a little theory of mine])

You are stranded on an island, with nothing but a bad pickaxe and sword. Said island is infested with balls of slime, the undead, flesh monsters or rotting flesh monsters, mechanical floating skulls and gargantuan aggressive plants.
Your goal is to mine, kill, and make gear so you can defeat the giant evil tentacle beast that's basically space Cthulhu.

Just previously saw Myu somewhere lol, forget where.
Relating to previous post also..

I'm walking, wait since when was I walking, I thought I was crafting myself a new set of armor, speaking of where did it go? Guess I'll shovel through this sand to see if I find a burial tomb because this island seems a little... Hmm, I'm not quite sure what just happened. Is that someone over in the jungle? Not sure why but I felt this instinct I should run before I stumble into more problems. Reaching closer and closer she seems to start fading away, however once you got their, she's disappeared. Thinking about what could of happened, you forgot you haven't ate in hours and fell from exhaustion. Waking up you see yourself along the shore of this island and saw footsteps into the jungle, and you think it's best not to go that path. Briefly turning, you've dropped your Cell Phone and has one unread message, "Objective: Defeat The Giant Evil Tentacle Beast", seconds later it shuts off, thinking since you read it you're being tracked.

Another thing to add is play the song "Welcome To The Jungle" when you enter the jungle.

It's pretty fitting for your first time entering it, because you'll likely die from evil plants or a steroid-abusing bee.

it iz betttttur tan toodee mindcraf u keel manee bosess and ge't fon wepins and armer. In all seriousness, A pixelated 2d sandbox with heavy basis on exploration and combat where you fight the various body parts of cthulhu including the upcoming final boss the neck of cthulhu.

In the wonderful world of Terra-Mantis, you can play as a superhuman, pixelated dwyane johnson or a pixelated internet "wife", where you basically run around collecting resources so you can beat up a tentacle monster from space, who happens to shoot laser beams. If you carry a horseshoe around with you, your body will become completely immune to all types of fall-damage, whether it be if you're falling from SPACE or if your ego levels are falling.

Another fun thing to do in Terraria is watch someone like Yrimir (before you watch him you have to pee your pants because he uploaded today) and try to replicate what he did and fail miserably.

Terrarium is critically acclaimed, and my personal favorite activity is to have my better geared friends kill all the bosses for ke because that's fun apparently.

One last tip, if you don't kill the flying skeleton monster outside of the dungeon, you will be killed by another flying spaghet- skeleton monster, but this time he became a beyblade.

Join Torbjorn's Magical Castle today!

This had me in tears lol, this is perfect! :dryadgrin:

-- I deleted my first one cause I unintentionally didn't read the rules --

a game where you start out poor and you have to bid to the guides every advice just to make a living. E V E R Y T H I N G

yeah, sadly this is as far as my imagination can go...

Literally everything! I still can't play for very long without looking things up. %:sigh:

([incorporates a little theory of mine])

You are stranded on an island, with nothing but a bad pickaxe and sword. Said island is infested with balls of slime, the undead, flesh monsters or rotting flesh monsters, mechanical floating skulls and gargantuan aggressive plants.
Your goal is to mine, kill, and make gear so you can defeat the giant evil tentacle beast that's basically space Cthulhu.

"that's basically space Cthulhu", that is so true lol :dryadwink:

Just previously saw Myu somewhere lol, forget where.
Relating to previous post also..

I'm walking, wait since when was I walking, I thought I was crafting myself a new set of armor, speaking of where did it go? Guess I'll shovel through this sand to see if I find a burial tomb because this island seems a little... Hmm, I'm not quite sure what just happened. Is that someone over in the jungle? Not sure why but I felt this instinct I should run before I stumble into more problems. Reaching closer and closer she seems to start fading away, however once you got their, she's disappeared. Thinking about what could of happened, you forgot you haven't ate in hours and fell from exhaustion. Waking up you see yourself along the shore of this island and saw footsteps into the jungle, and you think it's best not to go that path. Briefly turning, you've dropped your Cell Phone and has one unread message, "Objective: Defeat The Giant Evil Tentacle Beast", seconds later it shuts off, thinking since you read it you're being tracked.

Do you write any fan fiction here? Cause this is some really cool and interesting stuff! :dryadhappy:

Another thing to add is play the song "Welcome To The Jungle" when you enter the jungle.

It's pretty fitting for your first time entering it, because you'll likely die from evil plants or a steroid-abusing bee.

I wish I had thought of that my first time walking in lol and darn those steroid-abusing bees! :dryadcry:

it iz betttttur tan toodee mindcraf u keel manee bosess and ge't fon wepins and armer. In all seriousness, A pixelated 2d sandbox with heavy basis on exploration and combat where you fight the various body parts of cthulhu including the upcoming final boss the neck of cthulhu.

"The neck of Cthulhu" lol I like that :dryadhappy:

so once upon a time a guy sets on an adventure. he beats up three eyes, two worms, one brain, a bee, a slime, two skulls, his own bff, a plant, lizhard barbie doll, some insane stalker with a plague mask, and cthulhu himself i mean his brother. and then he does exactly nothing.

the end. :confused:

edit: forgot to mention sharknado satan, so here's his five seconds of screen time. :rolleyes:

Honestly I'm not sure where to start with stories, after that I generally just write what comes up to my mind. I'll probably start a thread... If I get to it :D

so once upon a time a guy sets on an adventure. he beats up three eyes, two worms, one brain, a bee, a slime, two skulls, his own bff, a plant, lizhard barbie doll, some insane stalker with a plague mask, and cthulhu himself i mean his brother. and then he does exactly nothing.

the end. :confused:

edit: forgot to mention sharknado satan, so here's his five seconds of screen time. :rolleyes:

This summary is extremely accurate lol
p.s. I hate sharknado satan!

Honestly I'm not sure where to start with stories, after that I generally just write what comes up to my mind. I'll probably start a thread... If I get to it :D

You should, you seem to have a natural talent for it! :dryadhappy:

I have just started playing it and for me its the type of adventure no videogame currently on the market, except Minecraft, can provide with such a rich and diversified ecosystem that keeps expanding and it never stops to amaze me when it comes to the amount of strategy that is needed to make the most beautiful edifications, reaching the deepest corners of the map and visiting space and beyond.

When i tought i had enough precious gems, obsidian, demonite and platinum, i find out that i dont and i have to go dig again, but what makes my experience even better is the fact that with Thorium the amount of enemies and items is so vastly improved, every new tunnel and hole i make, is a refreshing touch to the already great experience that doesnt seem to get old.

This game has some sort of magic, that Minecraft just cannot provide, not even with photorealistic shaders and textures.

In conclusion, this might be the best game i have ever played in my life, and that means a lot since i have played many games that from a technical standpoint are much more advanced, but cant even offer 30% of the content this game does.

Edit: Forget the context, the reality is that this game doesnt even need a description or a review to be a great game, it needs a person with a sense of discovery and patience in order for it to be a pleasant experience.

Back
Top Bottom