PS4 WoF loot drops...despawning?

Err0r Terror

Spazmatism
Hello! Err0r here.

I was playing Terraria on a PS4 on a Small-size world with my brother. I had 360 health, he had 340. We built a bridge over hell to defeat the Wall of Flesh and, lo and behold, we defeated the Wall of Flesh! The 'box' it creates upon death spawned below us, but the fight had taken it's toll on our characters, and (supposedly vengeful) demons finished us off. When we respawned, my brother went down to Hell to recollect the loot, only to come across a peculiar sight.

The box was there, alright, but all the loot inside the box-as well as the money dropped from our deaths-was gone.

We were confused and he looked for it a little in vain. I'm just posting this here because I've no real idea what has happened here.

I understand a bit of how item despawning works. If you exit the world, or 500 more items are dropped, items start despawning. From your post, it sounds more like a bug. Did you or your brother alter any game files at any point before the fight? If so, that could have something to do with it. I would suggest just fighting it again and hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom