Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No I think just placing wooden platforms are fine

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We DON'T need it!

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
I said that they can be used to get across chasms if you wanted to use it for that. Well I mean thats what bridges always do but I mean in a decorative way. I always use platform to get across chasms.

You should at least try and make a sprite so people can get an idea of what they might look like (even if it's terrible)
Or, as people have already said you can ask a spriter to make it for you

You should at least try and make a sprite so people can get an idea of what they might look like (even if it's terrible)
I wont because as I said im terrible at making sprites. ANY sprites, unless its a very small change to what a previous item looked like or a recolour.For example
Life Sword.png

People stated they won't support until they see some attempt at a sprite. But you are refusing to get a spritr, so people won't support.
I am refusing for me to make a sprite. I said I would look into asking someone else to make a sprite.

i have a different idea. how about, instead of using static pieces to create a bridge, you could use the "Himalayan bridge" technique from Scouts? basically, you have a rope. that rope has, every 50cm, a smaller rope attached, in the tip of which is a beam of wood. you throw it at a tree or rock across a chasm, make sure it is secured, lock it into place, and traverse the chasm! you grab the main rope with your hands, and use your feet to balance yourself in the platforms. all it takes is a good amount of rope and some fine-cut wood.

i would imagine it to take 20 rope and 10 wood, be thrown like a rope coil, and conect the place you were at and the target once it hit. it would have 20 tiles of reach, but would only work if you stood on ground. it could perhaps even have some sort of angle function, though that might be hard to program.

basically, a rope coil you can walk on.

you could connect tree houses with it, and the result would probably look like an improvised bridge, which is probably what you want.

i have a different idea. how about, instead of using static pieces to create a bridge, you could use the "Himalayan bridge" technique from Scouts? basically, you have a rope. that rope has, every 50cm, a smaller rope attached, in the tip of which is a beam of wood. you throw it at a tree or rock across a chasm, make sure it is secured, lock it into place, and traverse the chasm! you grab the main rope with your hands, and use your feet to balance yourself in the platforms. all it takes is a good amount of rope and some fine-cut wood.

i would imagine it to take 20 rope and 10 wood, be thrown like a rope coil, and conect the place you were at and the target once it hit. it would have 20 tiles of reach, but would only work if you stood on ground. it could perhaps even have some sort of angle function, though that might be hard to program.

you could connect tree houses with it, and the result would probably look like an improvised bridge, which is probably what you want.
You made me think of a zip line - thing for creating a horizontal length of rope much like rope coil creates vertical one.

that would work too. actually, i am surprised this is not in the game. that is basically the most used rope technique by explorers, and this game is about exploring.

having either my himalayan bridge ninja technique or you zipline, the good old flare gun, and some dynamite, i would totally feel like Indiana Jones.

You should make your own thread for that idea. It sounds great :) but I want to stick with this idea.

i was just giving my opinion on how i would do it... why on earth would you think about replacing your idea with mine?
but nah... too lazy to create another thread :D i need to get back to my life...

This seems kinda useless.
you can build a badass bridge as is with some platforms, walls and maybe a few torches for lighting it up.

It's useless, so no support.

Back
Top Bottom