PC World and Character Corrupted/Worlds Keep Corrupting

Lizardead

Skeletron
Each time I boot up the game either the world or the character that I used the last time I played is corrupted in some way. Before it was just the world being corrupted, with a "load backup-backup failed" thing, but now both my character and my world are completely blank and won't do anything when I click on them as shown:

C8CE1EF14FCCF73A8C78E72EBC15F8D4D8FA5941

F78C2FEE95FEF3A7E16B6DFE409E37992AE842CC

Is there any way to fix this/keep it from happening? It's practically impossible for me to play now and I'd really like the ability to play on my own worlds.

Also: Not sure if it affects anything, but it always happens after beating the Eye Of Cthulhu. The time before this crash I beat both the Eye Of Cthulhu and the Eater Of Worlds, and when I ended my play session without beating any bosses, both the world and the character functioned fine.

Last edited:
Wait. I tried sending my character to the cloud to see if that would help and I deleted them forever. Luckily I made a backup three tiers back so I loaded that.

EDIT: It still gets corrupted though.

Last edited:
Holy crap, is that every one of your characters or did you just make those 1.3?
Some weird process happened that cloned 1 single character. To this minute I still have no idea which one my original character to I kept them all so I don't :red: anything up.
(Character was made pre-update)

Some weird process happened that cloned 1 single character. To this minute I still have no idea which one my original character to I kept them all so I don't :red: anything up.
(Character was made pre-update)
Yeah, jeez that's really weird. At this point I'm not sure what this bug is affecting because my 1.2.4 character was absolutely fine as well as my 1.2.4 world, but everything that I made in 1.3 bugged out. It actually is identical to what the screenshots Lizardead included. As of now it seems like a relatively rare bug, although its out there so I guess whell just have to wait and see what the problem is and if it can be fixed. Not a big deal but it would be nice to gain back my files.

Yeah, jeez that's really weird. At this point I'm not sure what this bug is affecting because my 1.2.4 character was absolutely fine as well as my 1.2.4 world, but everything that I made in 1.3 bugged out. It actually is identical to what the screenshots Lizardead included. As of now it seems like a relatively rare bug, although its out there so I guess whell just have to wait and see what the problem is and if it can be fixed. Not a big deal but it would be nice to gain back my files.
If there's no fix its a huge problem for me. I'd rather stop playing Terraria altogether than try to regain all my items after grinding for them for 8 months. :sigh:

If you delete the game from your steam folder and then reinstall it seems to fix it. Or at least keeps it from happening.

For me i keep all my characters but world i last played in got deleted. thought it was mods but no i reinstalled terraria many times and still keeps happening ;(:kingslime:

Back
Top Bottom