• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

World backups are broken?

Hudgewr

Terrarian
So, some background first, recently I moved house and haven't had access to my computer for a few months. In that time my dad had it and added a new hardrive, copying everything over. I now have it back and was loading up Terraria to play. I tried to play one of my worlds but this message came up: 'Load failed!' then 'Load Backup' which also fails. Then the wld.bak file appears in the recycle bin. I have my own saves on a separate USB stick, but they also become broken when copied over. I don't remember the worlds being broken before the move, but it was months ago so I may have just not noticed.

I have 6 worlds and only 2 are broken, the others load fine. I have looked at old posts and searched but the solutions haven't worked (renaming/moving files) or they were not specific to my problem. I can't restore files as they have nothing to restore to.

I'm almost sure the worlds are broken forever, I just want to see if there is anything I can do at all, or figure out how it happened.

Top Bottom