World corrupted (the bad kind)

Does that mean spotify and Terraria is bad?

I don't believe that to be true. I think he just said it to cover their :red: with people getting mad. I have never had or seen anything happen to a save or the game while running another program, so long as the other program isn't huge.

I had this problem, but with both my character and world, and when i used the backup file, the game crashed.(I could only use the backup file for the world, as the file for the character was completely gone)
[doublepost=1493168842,1493168307][/doublepost]I checked with Steam to make sure nothing was installed wrong, but all the files were verified.

I have a method you could try:
Go to:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players
And find the corrupted character file, for example: Terrarian.plr
Back up the character file, just in case, then delete it
Then find the .plr.bak file of your corrupted character, for example: Terrarian.plr.bak
And rename it so the extension is just .plr, for example: Terrarian.plr.bak ---> Terrarian.plr

That should fix the character.

For the world, it's the same process
Go to:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds
And find the corrupted world file, for example: World.wld
Back up the world file, just in case, then delete it
Then find the .wld.bak file of your corrupted world, for example: World.wld.bak
And rename it so the extension is just .wld, for example: Terrarian.wld.bak ---> Terrarian.wld

And that should fix the world.

That's all I can think of for fixing corrupted Terraria files, I'm not too sure if it will work, but give it a try and backup any files you delete.
I'm having a similar issue to the original poster and I found this comment, so I decided to try it out. Since my world is having an issue with loading at all and won't show up in game, I looked for the .wld file and I found it, which is good, but then I looked for the .wld.bak file and it was nowhere to be found. Every other world I saw had both files, but the one world I wasn't able to load was missing a file. I'm not quite sure what would've caused this.

just what happened to me: every time I'm in a middle of a playthrough than my world gets corrupted
just reload the file or copy and paste and try loading backup ingame but it does not work that much...

Back
Top Bottom