Xbox One World crashes the second it loads

Dragon131

Terrarian
I have a world on Xbox one that I've put thousands of hours into and when I went to play it after a long break it crashes the second the map loads I've tried everything i can think of and would really love to save the world any ideas would be appreciated

I have a world on Xbox one that I've put thousands of hours into and when I went to play it after a long break it crashes the second the map loads I've tried everything i can think of and would really love to save the world any ideas would be appreciated
Hi there @Dragon131, if one world consistently crashes on you, and if you can enter other new or existing worlds fine, I'm sorry to say that it normally means the crashing world is a corrupted file. The most common reason for this to happen is if the save process is interrupted, so be sure to give the game plenty of time to save.

It sucks that Microsoft has taken away the ability to backup character and world files onto external devices, as if you had a backup of the world you could restore from it. If you happened to have brought that world over from Xbox 360, you could try uploading it from 360 and downloading it again onto Xbox One.

If any one else in the community has possible solutions for you hopefully they'll stop by and give any ideas. Sorry I don't have better news.

Hi there @Dragon131, if one world consistently crashes on you, and if you can enter other new or existing worlds fine, I'm sorry to say that it normally means the crashing world is a corrupted file. The most common reason for this to happen is if the save process is interrupted, so be sure to give the game plenty of time to save.

It sucks that Microsoft has taken away the ability to backup character and world files onto external devices, as if you had a backup of the world you could restore from it. If you happened to have brought that world over from Xbox 360, you could try uploading it from 360 and downloading it again onto Xbox One.

If any one else in the community has possible solutions for you hopefully they'll stop by and give any ideas. Sorry I don't have better news.
Thank you for the reply it's ashame but me and a mate decided to go in and start a new one earlier could be for the best

Have you tried entering the world with a new character, or turn off the minimap in the preferences?

Back
Top Bottom