PC World File Corrupted, but kind of loadable on TEdit

After trying and failing to set up terrariaserver.exe with one of my worlds, I tried loading it again and it didn't load (said world was corrupted). This happened to the back-up as well, so I tried using map viewers and editors to open the file. These are the error messages I get:

TEdit:
1585377722018.png
TerraMap:
1585377821132.png

After which the application stops running

Upon clicking yes on TerraMap, I am able to see my world, but all of the chests are empty. This includes chests I'm sure haven't been opened before.
I've read online and there doesn't seem to be a solution for this. Most people have their maps wiped entired so I guess I should be lucky I can recover a version of my world without any loot. Does anyone know a fix for this? Is there a Notepad++ like editor I can use on my .wld files? Even if I have to comb through the code, I think I know the spot that caused the glitch, as TEdit shows a gold chest in an area I definitely didn't put it in.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Me and my friends have been playing on this world for a while now, and I'm not ready to move on just yet.

Did you manage to load the world in TEdit, save it and then load it in-game? If that works, then I think you can be very happy that at least you got something saved.
You can use an inventory editor or TShock to 'cheat' your items back, even though that'll be a royal pain in the backside.

I know I'm being Captain Hindsight here, but make manual backups!

Back
Top Bottom