Game Mechanics World Gates, Labeled Switches, and Chromatic Gem Blocks

Frycook

Terrarian
One of the key things I love about Terraria is how seamless it is. Effectively no in-game load screens, one main UI. Immersion that never stops.

My first suggestion Today may not really be in line with that. And it may be a repeat already described by others. But I'm sure people will let me know. ;)

#1 Labeled Switches: Anything that can emit a wiring signal, such as a switch, a floor plate, a timer, can have a text label attached using the existing UI for tombstones, signposts, etc. When the emitter sends it signals, the label is delivered to receivers as a parameter... which could be, for example:
* A URI pointing to another Terraria Server ( steam://steamid, ip://localhost:####, local://worldname etc )
* A Color code ( red, #FF0000, etc )

#2 World Gates: Like a portal, but, when activated, it
first does a ping test to see if the target URI is reachable, or even a valid URI. If Yes, emit a signal (useful for flagging Online/Offline status in-game)
second, if reachable, launch the affected players on top of the gate. Target players will immediately save and logout of the current world, then immediately try to connect and join the target world. No pesky "are you sure?" dialogs ... keep it all flowing.

#3 Chromatic Gem Blocks. When a valid labeled signal is received, glow with the passed-in argument color. So a block can be yellow, orange, gray, red, or green... all depending on your signal color. ...

#1 Labeled Switches: Anything that can emit a wiring signal, such as a switch, a floor plate, a timer, can have a text label attached using the existing UI for tombstones, signposts, etc.
Yes please! I have to keep 'labelling' my switches by using nearby signposts. Even something akin to chest naming would be great!

Back
Top Bottom