Do you want a world like this?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seed (Other, specify in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gaelon

Official Terrarian
After parity is reached, may I suggest a non-drunk world with both evils? Either worldgen option or seed, and if seed, perhaps named Terraria or some variation.

I like the idea for a special seed as those have been an interesting variations on normal gameplay but unfortunately the seed Terraria already exists as a fairly bland special seed which causes the guide to always spawn with the name Andrew.

Anyways the main challenge seems to be in regards to what evil the world counts as which drunk worlds fix by swapping it every day. However I don't see why it wouldn't be doable to have the chosen evil only guarantee the first evil biome matches that allowing additional evil biomes generated to be either random or alternate for example adding to the uncertainty in world gen. All the mechanics you might want in such a seed already exist after all in special seeds

As an option on world gen I would certainly be fine with that and I'm sure it can technically be done though it might cause problems in small worlds in particular but sadly I don't see it ever being done as Red doesn't want that which kind of kills all hope. :(

Maybe mods? A Mod that plays with expanding seed generation control and or options would be nice not sure how feasible that would be though.

I like the idea for a special seed as those have been an interesting variations on normal gameplay but unfortunately the seed Terraria already exists as a fairly bland special seed which causes the guide to always spawn with the name Andrew.

Anyways the main challenge seems to be in regards to what evil the world counts as which drunk worlds fix by swapping it every day. However I don't see why it wouldn't be doable to have the chosen evil only guarantee the first evil biome matches that allowing additional evil biomes generated to be either random or alternate for example adding to the uncertainty in world gen. All the mechanics you might want in such a seed already exist after all in special seeds

As an option on world gen I would certainly be fine with that and I'm sure it can technically be done though it might cause problems in small worlds in particular but sadly I don't see it ever being done as Red doesn't want that which kind of kills all hope. :(

Maybe mods? A Mod that plays with expanding seed generation control and or options would be nice not sure how feasible that would be though.
I'd fogotten about the guide seed. Helpful if you want a hat. I was thinking counting Corruption as world evil and giving Crimson a new Hallow-style function, and having them fight for space in small worlds. After all, the Crimson is part of the world, while the Corruption is a disease, so the Crimson could work as a sort of immune system, maybe granting a debuff that weakens the player, but adding a recipe for the mushrooms that damages the Corruption somehow. As for Red and mods, the one is definitely a barrier if he doesn't want it, and as much as I think it's cool, it's not my game, and the other is possible, but mods are only really viable on PC, and as a mobile player, and having seen the joy you can get from vanilla upgrades, I was hoping for a base-game addition, but even still, the majority of players are PC, and that still means a lot of people to enjoy it. The only other thing is that it's kind of a small change to make a whole mod for.

I'd fogotten about the guide seed. Helpful if you want a hat. I was thinking counting Corruption as world evil and giving Crimson a new Hallow-style function, and having them fight for space in small worlds. After all, the Crimson is part of the world, while the Corruption is a disease, so the Crimson could work as a sort of immune system, maybe granting a debuff that weakens the player, but adding a recipe for the mushrooms that damages the Corruption somehow. As for Red and mods, the one is definitely a barrier if he doesn't want it, and as much as I think it's cool, it's not my game, and the other is possible, but mods are only really viable on PC, and as a mobile player, and having seen the joy you can get from vanilla upgrades, I was hoping for a base-game addition, but even still, the majority of players are PC, and that still means a lot of people to enjoy it. The only other thing is that it's kind of a small change to make a whole mod for.
Ohh both evils rather than the Hallow? I actually think that is a interesting seed idea as the Dryad can still sell the necessary ingredients to make an artificial hallow though it definitely needs a different name not sure how I feel about the debuff idea.

I don't think the crimson is supposed to be native so much as a colonist from beyond it is just the assimilate everything evil rather than the poorly thought out and self contradictory antilife uber cancer and decay that doesn't make sense seeing as those are polar opposites, i.e. decay and uncontrolled growth aka cancer are both caused by life anti life would be empty desolation which wouldn't offer any gameplay potential as there couldn't be anything to kill but I digress. The lore is a pile of self contradictory garbage and half baked fragments that falls apart if you look at it for more than five nanoseconds so lets not talk about that. Point is both crimson and corruption are meant to be hostile to the player and the world a seed mechanic should reflect that. Maybe the Jungle and or mud could be made immune to the evils and the entire world could otherwise start out fully corrupted? The Dryad would obviously have to be the starting NPC in that scenario as otherwise it would be pretty much incompletable without importing resources but that could be a fun seed

For the name maybe something like all evil, twin evil, Cthulhu, Cthulhu's world, lost hope etc.? I could represent a world where everything was/is lost.

Edit: Also yeah I understand the hope of getting it into the base game it sucks that console systems are so picky about what can go on their systems that they block devs from having those kinds of features. :(

Ohh both evils rather than the Hallow?
No, simply having the Crimson act as another "purifier", trying to purge the Corruption. The Hallow would still come with hardmode, fighting both evils because glitter and uncontrolled lasers hurt all biological things, be they host or infection.
The lore is a pile of self contradictory garbage and half baked fragments that falls apart if you look at it for more than five nanoseconds so lets not talk about that.
Agreed on the self contradictory and half-baked, disagreed on the garbage. Haven't you seen Zelda, KH, Kirby, et cetera? The game makes the lore, not the other way around.
For the name maybe something like all evil, twin evil, Cthulhu, Cthulhu's world, lost hope etc.? I could represent a world where everything was/is lost.
Much better idea. Or maybe reality, true world, something that makes it like both evils are part of the world in its entirety. Any clues on how to change the poll options? Or just make a new poll?

Back
Top Bottom