Other [World Generation] Insane World size option.

L0ST5ILVER

Official Terrarian
Before I start, I'm aware that the idea of large world sizes have been discussed many times in the Terraria community, but with 1.4 on the way it's stated under world generation that the current system will be revamped for 1.4. I read somewhere that the reason bigger world sizes don't exist (other than it being unnecessary at the time) was due to technical issues with the current world generation system, I could be wrong, but if that's the case; maybe even larger world sizes could be a possibility in 1.4.
You might still ask why it's necessary to have bigger worlds than what we already have, but with Journey's end adding far more biomes and even master mode, a bigger world option (Possibly x2 bigger than large) would be a good addition, and at the end of the day, there's no harm in adding this because it is an option, and that's what I like about terraria, there's no better or worse way to play the game.

Hopefully this idea is considered for 1.4, if there's any time left that is.
Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas/Yule.

Regards,
-L0ST

I'm fairly certain that when they mean world generation is being improved, they just mean mini/microbiomes.

It also isn't possible for worlds to be bigger than the current large world because of RAM limitations that the game has (it's 32 bit).

I'm fairly certain that when they mean world generation is being improved, they just mean mini/microbiomes.

It also isn't possible for worlds to be bigger than the current large world because of RAM limitations that the game has (it's 32 bit).
No, they specifically stated that world generation is being revamped entirely.

Oh, where can I see this? Were they specific about anything (even if it's something super technical, I probably can get the gist of it)
It the upcoming features =)
1576014822293.png

Reactions: Bry
Thanks You Got Me Rehyped For The Oasis.

I Read On A Post On Here That Someone Tried To Make A World That Was 25k Blocks Long And Like 8k High And It Took Around An Hour Or Something With 8 Gigabytes Of Ram, So This Getting Added Would Be Unlikely.
I still think with certain optimisations it could be done.
I debated making this vanilla suggestion or a modded suggestion, but I think the modders might have to take this one.

Ps. Could you like me to the original thread referenced?

Thanks You Got Me Rehyped For The Oasis.

I Read On A Post On Here That Someone Tried To Make A World That Was 25k Blocks Long And Like 8k High And It Took Around An Hour Or Something With 8 Gigabytes Of Ram, So This Getting Added Would Be Unlikely.
What about me having 16GB of RAM :p

Back
Top Bottom