World is corrupt

Girder

Terrarian
I've spent a lot of time in my current world after defeating the Wall of Flesh and triggering Hardmode, building up my NPC city. Now I'm getting the notice "World is corrupt" when I log into it. FWIW I'm not in any danger of having my town become corrupt (or hallowed for that matter). What'd like to know is if there are any consequences from my world being "Corrupt"? I can't seem to find anyone info on either of the wikis, or from searching the web. Thanks!

Are you using any mods at all? A corrupt world generally means that the actual world file has been damaged, but if that were the case, you wouldn't be able enter it to begin with (or at least notice broken sections), so I don't think that's the case.

Is the notice when you actually enter the world (can see your character, terrain, etc.) or when you first try to load it in the menu?

Lawl, I should perhaps have been more precise in retrospect. So, no there is nothing at all wrong with my world's file, this is not a tech support issue (and this thread probably shouldn't have been moved :( ). It's not corrupt in that sense. What happens is, when I log into the world, a message appears in the chatbox saying "World is corrupt". I do indeed run a lot of mods, so it's possible one them is responsible for the message.

ETA: thanks Unit One!

Last edited:
Lawl, I should perhaps have been more precise in retrospect. So, no there is nothing at all wrong with my world's file, this is not a tech support issue (and this thread probably shouldn't have been moved :( ). It's not corrupt in that sense. What happens is, when I log into the world, a message appears in the chatbox saying "World is corrupt". I do indeed run a lot of mods, so it's possible one them is responsible for the message.
Ah, if that is the case, then I’ll move it to General Mod Discussion. Since the PC General Talk (where you originally had it) and PC In-Game Support (where it was moved since it seemed to have to do with an in-game question) are only for vanilla Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom