Mobile World keeps crashing upon entry

Puffinkle

Terrarian
So i was exiting and re-entering a world repeatedly and all of a sudden, every time i try to enter this world, it crashes when the loading bar reaches about a quarter of loading. I'm frustrated because i also left my Terra blade, picksaw, and my other really good items there, and i don't know what to do. All of the other worlds i have still work, but only one is crashing.

So i was exiting and re-entering a world repeatedly and all of a sudden, every time i try to enter this world, it crashes when the loading bar reaches about a quarter of loading. I'm frustrated because i also left my Terra blade, picksaw, and my other really good items there, and i don't know what to do. All of the other worlds i have still work, but only one is crashing.
If one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, I'm sorry to say that the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered. When going in and out repeatedly of a world, make sure it has enough time to save the game, going too fast can interrupt the save process and corrupt the file.

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

If one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, I'm sorry to say that the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered. When going in and out repeatedly of a world, make sure it has enough time to save the game, going too fast can interrupt the save process and corrupt the file.

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home
Since i'm such a forgetful person, i didn't back up that world. So i have deleted that world and am now building a better house in a new world, and i'm working to get back my stuff. I still have some of my good items in a safe, so it's kinda ok.

Same thing happened to me! All of my progress was on that world, but I'm guttered. Its okay though, not the end of the world. :)

Thi
this same thing happened to me except it spread to two other world including my main world which has all my resources and it corrupted the cloud save file too.

I believe it is because you might have had a glich with the dungeon because I had the same problem and i think it was that the dungeon had a corroption chest and a hallowed chest

Last edited:
This is a problem that AFAIK is exclusive to older devices, and it involves exiting the game during a large save process before it has a chance to fully finish. For some reason instead of deleting the save like on newer devices (so the world is still there, your changes before that save are gone though) the game saves the premature data which causes problems.

I'm still not 100% how this works, because by the sounds of it you didn't even make any changes, so for all we know I could be way off. Just wait a good minute or so before logging out after a save begins just to ensure that nothing gets corrupted.

I believe it is because you might have had a glich with the dungeon because I had the same problem and i think it was that the dungeon had a corroption chest and a hallowed chest
A Corruption and Hallowed Chest in the Dungeon is normal. A Corruption and Crimson Chest would not, unless you put one there from another world, and it won't be locked.

Same thing happened to me! All of my progress was on that world, but I'm guttered. Its okay though, not the end of the world. :)

this same thing happened to me except it spread to two other world including my main world which has all my resources and it corrupted the cloud save file too.

If you had a bed, did you try with multiple characters?

We had one time, where there was a bug with a particular item, where if it loaded, you would crash. If it happened to be near your bed or spawn, you would crash every time you loaded it up, immediately. To solve it, one had to bomb the area without going near it.

It would be beneficial to know if this is or is not what is happening, before exploring other avenues.

Back
Top Bottom