Mobile World loading stuck at settling liquids 50%

Your Terraria Device
Samsung galaxy S9
Mobile OS
android version 10, one UI 2.1
This is a new bug which is currently making my world unplayable

I recently started my first terraria play through and was doing some fishing for items after researching the wiki, when i realized i threw away the angler hat i decided to find ways to fix it,i found this server called terraria one, which claimed to have chest filled with every item in the game, as a sort of cheat sheet, so i joined with a second character, placed the hat in a chest, and tried joining with my main character. whenever i did it got stuck at settling liquids 50% it is running on a samsung galaxy s9 and i have never had any issues before, although before hand it did pause at 50% for two frames and then immediately finish now it is stuck on 50%. i would like to know if there is any way this could be fixed, thank you.

Edit: I have recently tried 2 things to see if the problem could be fixed and i believe i may know a cause, 1st of all I tried removing the .bak from the world file but nothing changed, 2nd i did the same but with a world backup i had from before updating to 1.4.0.5 there it did not get stuck at 50% but instead 99%, then i realized i had built a partial hellevator at the edge of the world under the ocean and the flowing water may cause the issue, i had also build a small lava lake at the surface to fish and that might have increased the amount of liquid too much.
I will be including both world file in the post, originally the world is called Solo_Survival_World but i added 13 and 14 in the names to tell which is pre1.4 and which is the updated world. I would like help as the bug is making the game unplayable since it is my first play through and i would not like to loose all the work i made on that world by restarting.

Edit2: After testing a few things it seems to load fine if i use a new character but if i use my main character that i always use then it gets stuck at 50% on my 1.4.0.5 world

Attachments

• Solo_Survival_World13.wld.bak
    6.1 MB · Views: 194
  • Solo_Survival_World14.wld.bak
    6.1 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
This is a new bug which is currently making my world unplayable

I recently started my first terraria play through and was doing some fishing for items after researching the wiki, when i realized i threw away the angler hat i decided to find ways to fix it,i found this server called terraria one, which claimed to have chest filled with every item in the game, as a sort of cheat sheet, so i joined with a second character, placed the hat in a chest, and tried joining with my main character. whenever i did it got stuck at settling liquids 50% it is running on a samsung galaxy s9 and i have never had any issues before, although before hand it did pause at 50% for two frames and then immediately finish now it is stuck on 50%. i would like to know if there is any way this could be fixed, thank you.

Edit: I have recently tried 2 things to see if the problem could be fixed and i believe i may know a cause, 1st of all I tried removing the .bak from the world file but nothing changed, 2nd i did the same but with a world backup i had from before updating to 1.4.0.5 there it did not get stuck at 50% but instead 99%, then i realized i had built a partial hellevator at the edge of the world under the ocean and the flowing water may cause the issue, i had also build a small lava lake at the surface to fish and that might have increased the amount of liquid too much.
I will be including both world file in the post, originally the world is called Solo_Survival_World but i added 13 and 14 in the names to tell which is pre1.4 and which is the updated world. I would like help as the bug is making the game unplayable since it is my first play through and i would not like to loose all the work i made on that world by restarting.

Edit2: After testing a few things it seems to load fine if i use a new character but if i use my main character that i always use then it gets stuck at 50% on my 1.4.0.5 world
Hi there @DanAtomicmobile, thanks for such a detailed presentation. The Solo_Survival_World14 opened up right away for me, but I did check your oceans and I saw the hellevator you mentioned. After cleaning up all the water, I saved the world. See if this opens up better for you. If it doesn’t, attach your main character file (the one that isn’t able to load the world).

Before and after. (You also had some NPCs move in while I was cleaning up the water, just FYI).
25179E73-ACAD-4F1B-9D47-5A6E4F288A25.png
57C1B9D1-B628-4339-B0FA-0D2766D27137.png

Attachments

• Solo_Survival_World14.wld
    6.1 MB · Views: 122
Hi there @DanAtomicmobile, thanks for such a detailed presentation. The Solo_Survival_World14 opened up right away for me, but I did check your oceans and I saw the hellevator you mentioned. After cleaning up all the water, I saved the world. See if this opens up better for you. If it doesn’t, attach your main character file (the one that isn’t able to load the world).

Before and after. (You also had some NPCs move in while I was cleaning up the water, just FYI).
View attachment 296217 View attachment 296216
Hello, i managed to test with the world file but sadly once again my main character got stuck loading but others didn't. I am attaching my character file here. I also noticed that on the fps display the second umber always stays at 0 and the 3rd slowly climbs up to 100% starting at around 90%.
I would also like to mention I removed the items from my main character so i can somewhat play with a secondary one, although i don't want to loose the life fruit life.

Attachments

• Dan.plr
    3.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
hey mate I’m experiencing the exact same issues ! I went on that terraria server one and can’t access main world with my main character

Hello, i managed to test with the world file but sadly once again my main character got stuck loading but others didn't. I am attaching my character file here. I also noticed that on the fps display the second umber always stays at 0 and the 3rd slowly climbs up to 100% starting at around 90%.
I would also like to mention I removed the items from my main character so i can somewhat play with a secondary one, although i don't want to loose the life fruit life.
Hi Dan, sorry for the delay. I was able to open up the world that I posted earlier with your Dan character. Are you still not able to load that world with the character?
56055629-17E1-4EC5-B463-FC2D01A31209.png

Hi Dan, sorry for the delay. I was able to open up the world that I posted earlier with your Dan character. Are you still not able to load that world with the character?
View attachment 297781
No, the glitch is still there so i cant really tell what the problem is, ill try restarting with a new character for now so i can at least play the game, although i will loose some things. But so far whenever I test it the glitch is still there

I dont know if i should make my own thread or react here, so mods please move or tell me if i gotta make my own.

Edit: i forgot to mention that i have a Samsung galaxy S9+, android 10, one UI 2.5

I have the exact same issue.
I went on a server because i have a journy character in permanent master option yet i have alot of struggles with getting drops. Yesterday is was trying to get sanquine staff and chum caster i have i think 4 kill count of dreadnautilus and 30+ combined from wandring eye and mereman zombie. So i logged into a item spawner server after that i couldnt log in with my main char in my main world. Yet a new character has no problem and spawns in nearly instant. I even left my phone on with the settling liquid 50% overnight, it was still 50% in de morning. I also checked if there was any liquid falling buy unlike the OP of this threat i dont have any of that.

I will attach my world and character.

Also if anybody knows by chance why my droprate is so scuffed that would be nice cuz its not only with bloodmoon but in general it feels like i dont actually have the master/expert droprates altho i do get the relics from bosses... i even use greater luck and all the luck stuff.

Attachments

• Ashen.plr
    15.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Sacred_Afterworld.wld
    12 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I dont know if i should make my own thread or react here, so mods please move or tell me if i gotta make my own.

Edit: i forgot to mention that i have a Samsung galaxy S9+, android 10, one UI 2.5

I have the exact same issue.
I went on a server because i have a journy character in permanent master option yet i have alot of struggles with getting drops. Yesterday is was trying to get sanquine staff and chum caster i have i think 4 kill count of dreadnautilus and 30+ combined from wandring eye and mereman zombie. So i logged into a item spawner server after that i couldnt log in with my main char in my main world. Yet a new character has no problem and spawns in nearly instant. I even left my phone on with the settling liquid 50% overnight, it was still 50% in de morning. I also checked if there was any liquid falling buy unlike the OP of this threat i dont have any of that.

I will attach my world and character.

Also if anybody knows by chance why my droprate is so scuffed that would be nice cuz its not only with bloodmoon but in general it feels like i dont actually have the master/expert droprates altho i do get the relics from bosses... i even use greater luck and all the luck stuff.
Thanks for including the world and character @AshenMatt. A common theme is that this issue is popping up after the player has joined certain public servers. Having your character and world file may help.

I've found a work around in an old thread i dont like the workaround but i could go into the mainworld with my main character when i turned off the map setting

I havent done anything like draining an ocean or anything i walked around the whole world to see if any liquids got messed up but everything was find

Last edited:
I had the same issue and was able to completely get rid of the issue without the no map work around. I suggest you make a backup of your player files as I didn't. You will need to delete files on your player that has the issue. For me I had 3 files. The reason you should make a backup is because if you delete all of them you lose your map progress which means your map looks as if you joined the world the first time. You will be able to add on to it you just need to re explore. I assume one of the 3 files was the map file. I also assume if you delete the correct ones you will be able to keep your map and remove the issue. It could also be possible that the map file is the issue and in that case you only have to delete the map file.

I ve started a new world and even tho it like seems to get stuck it still loads without showing % past 50

Attachments

• The_Glorious_Maze_of_Hatred.wld
    11 MB · Views: 110
I had the same issue and was able to completely get rid of the issue without the no map work around. I suggest you make a backup of your player files as I didn't. You will need to delete files on your player that has the issue. For me I had 3 files. The reason you should make a backup is because if you delete all of them you lose your map progress which means your map looks as if you joined the world the first time. You will be able to add on to it you just need to re explore. I assume one of the 3 files was the map file. I also assume if you delete the correct ones you will be able to keep your map and remove the issue. It could also be possible that the map file is the issue and in that case you only have to delete the map file.
Hey, I'm experiencing the same issue and I realised that it's specific to my main character. If I create a backup, delete the original, then restore, do you think that would solve the issue?

Back
Top Bottom