Mobile World not backing up on iPhone 7 (local or cloud)

Teech

Terrarian
I’m playing on a iPad and iPhone. My character on both devices backs up fine on both (cloud and local). My world backs ups fine on the iPad (cloud and local). however, my world will not save on my phone no matter what I do. Cloud, local...no dice. Uninstall. Reinstall. No dice. Yes cliud sync is enabled. Character backs up fine but the world will not, no matter what I do. Any help. Not being able to save any world progress on phone is gamebreaking.

I’m playing on a iPad and iPhone. My character on both devices backs up fine on both (cloud and local). My world backs ups fine on the iPad (cloud and local). however, my world will not save on my phone no matter what I do. Cloud, local...no dice. Uninstall. Reinstall. No dice. Yes cliud sync is enabled. Character backs up fine but the world will not, no matter what I do. Any help. Not being able to save any world progress on phone is gamebreaking.
I’m sorry to hear that @Teech. I have run into the same situation with a World not saving before. With mine, I was only testing cloud saving, and 95% of the time it saved fine, just had pockets of it not saving.

Yours sounds much, much worse though. And you’ve tried everything that I would suggest such as reinstalling the game, although reinstalling does permanently delete all local saves. Not a problem if it’s not saving your stuff locally anyway, and checking your cloud set up. It’s super weird that it won’t save the world locally though.

The only other things I can think of is to check if your iOS is up to date. Shouldn’t be a deciding factor, but it could be one difference between the iPad and iPhone. Also, how much data storage do you have left on the phone. If there’s no storage to save then maybe that’s it. And then finally, how much RAM do you have on the phone versus the iPad. Terraria needs as least 1GB of RAM to function stably. Most iPhones have that these days, but since you’ve already tried lots of things I’m looking at straws now, and maybe you’re on a very old iPhone?

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Although, they may just have you wait it out until the next update which will be a big one. The code is being rewritten from scratch in order to make the game a lot better all around and hopefully get rid of a lot of these issues. There is no release date yet for when mobile will get the update.

Back
Top Bottom