tModLoader Worldbits: Yuyu's Worldgen

Yuyutsu

Dungeon Spirit
Hey friends, welcome to a mod I've been working on for a few months! This mod realizes the one idea I've had for the longest time: more microstructures in Terraria!

icon (6).png
Worldbits: Yuyu's Worldgen
icon (6).png

As I've said earlier, the mod adds in multiple new microstructures across most biomes to immerse the player in their world and make it have more depth. The microstructures range in size from being smaller, 'natural' elements to being larger, manmade structures that have unique loot. Microstructures are not all guaranteed to spawn in one world. Explore what the mod has to offer through multiple playthroughs!

What the Mod Adds

• 14 new microstructures, some of which offer new, randomized loot​
  • multiplayer support- just create a new world and hop in with your friends!​
  • 9 new items- weapons, tiles, and more!​
  • 14 new ambient tiles scattered across different microstructures.​
icon (8).png
Microstructures
icon (9).png

Sky Biome
  • Asteroid Fields- Every world generates with multiple Asteroid Fields scattered around space! Mine and extractinate these asteroids for ore, gems, and more!
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154207.png
  • Arcane Sky Island- A small floating island with a strange staff buried within...
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-155300.png
Purity/Forest
  • Graveyard- A simple gravesite honoring long-forgotten heroes.
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154622.png
  • Ornate Pond Crossing- A pond bridge with an ornate, exotic shrine.
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154651.png
  • Fallen Living Tree Branch-A toppled tree with a high chance of housing a strange plant
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-153955.png
  • Abandoned House- A decrepit house with valuables and tools hidden away.
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154017.png
  • Ruined Tower/Library- Can spawn anywhere from 1-4 stories. Contains many Cartographer's Scrolls, an item that reveals a nearby portion of the minimap
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-155241.png
  • Campsite- A well lit campsite.
    • ice_screenshot_20191129-210252.png
Snow Biome
  • Ice Fishing Hovel- An icy shack above a small pond in the Snow Biome
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154030.png
  • Snowed-In Cabin-A spacious and comfy boreal wood cabin that's been snowed in. Look carefully, there may be some special books laying around.
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154901.png
  • Frozen Underground Cabin-An underground ice cabin that's completely frozen over. Different types of ice furniture can be found here, as well as a rare tome...
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154315.png
Evil Biomes
  • Corrupt Hive- A corrupt hive that contains a chest within.
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154044.png
  • Crimson Bone Spikes- Giant spikes of questionable origin that may house a chest within.
    • ice_screenshot_20191127-093019.png
Underground/Caverns
  • Gem Digsite- A large cabin with a stash of gems within. It seems someone left a pickaxe lodged inside a vein of gems, though. Comes in Ruby or Sapphire variants.
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154256.png
  • Glowing Gravesite- A lone grave surrounded by glowing mushrooms.
    • ice_screenshot_20191128-154336.png

FrostTome.png
FAQs
FrostTome.png

• Does this mod alter any vanilla biomes?
    • Aside from adding new structures, the mod doesn't change anything about how the world works. If your world is generated wonky, that's just vanilla Terraria being wonky.
  • My game froze when creating a world! What do I do?
    • If this happens to you, double-check and make sure your world generation froze during the 'Planting Sunflowers' stage. If this is true, please close the game and try building a world again. This is a very rare bug and is known. If your world froze anywhere else, it's not this mod's fault.
  • I have some ideas for Microstructures. Where can I suggest them to?
    • Right here! Please drop any suggestions you have below. Or, PM me on Discord.
  • Can I play this mod with any world size?
    • Yes, although I highly recommend playing with a Medium or Large world so that the generation can be smoother and feel less cluttered.
Ruby.png
Donate!
Ruby.png

Do you like my work? I make mods in my free time as a passion project. I've developed mods like Spirit, Various Weathers, and Glorious Guns, among others. I'd love to keep making mods for you all to enjoy, and donating any amount goes a long way. Thanks for your support!
paypal-donate-button.png

MapScroll.png
Credits
MapScroll.png

• @Vaikyia for the scroll sprite seen above
  • Friends over at the Thorium Mod Discord for great ideas and suggestions for structures and balance

GemPickaxe.png
Download
GemPickaxe.png

Download version: v 0.1.1.2
v 0.1.1.2
- Added 1 new structure: Campsite (Forest/Purity)
- Fixed wrong items spawning in Ornate Pond chest's first slot
- Possibly fixed crashes during worldgen due to Bone Spikes/Corrupt Hives by adding safety checks

v 0.1.1.1
- Fixed Twilight Meridian causing mod to crash when game started up

v 0.1.1
- Release
Download on the Mod Browser or the Direct Download Listing!
Thank you for playing with this mod! Please report any bugs, concerns, and suggestions right here! Have a good day!

Last edited:
[23:21:11] [7/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading Microstructures
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Utils.NextFloat(UnifiedRandom r, Single minValue, Single maxValue) in tModLoader\Terraria\Utils.cs:line 541
at Microstructures.Projectiles.LunarStaff_Star.SetDefaults() in Microstructures\Projectiles\LunarStaff_Star.cs:line 28
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile, Boolean createModProjectile) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ProjectileLoader.cs:line 135
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent() in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModInternals.cs:line 152
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_1(Mod mod) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 368
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 403
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 367
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModLoader.cs:line 131

Check it. it seems to be a problem with something involving the LunarStaff

Last edited:
[23:21:11] [7/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading Microstructures
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Utils.NextFloat(UnifiedRandom r, Single minValue, Single maxValue) in tModLoader\Terraria\Utils.cs:line 541
at Microstructures.Projectiles.LunarStaff_Star.SetDefaults() in Microstructures\Projectiles\LunarStaff_Star.cs:line 28
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile, Boolean createModProjectile) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ProjectileLoader.cs:line 135
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent() in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModInternals.cs:line 152
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_1(Mod mod) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 368
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 403
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 367
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader\ModLoader.cs:line 131

Check it. it seems to be a problem with something involving the LunarStaff
This is just an 'Out of Memory' error that has more to do with your game's memory running out and nothing to really do with the mod itself. Reload your game and try again, and maybe disable a few mods. Alternatively, tML 64 bit can help easy the strain on your game's memory.

This is just an 'Out of Memory' error that has more to do with your game's memory running out and nothing to really do with the mod itself. Reload your game and try again, and maybe disable a few mods. Alternatively, tML 64 bit can help easy the strain on your game's memory.

i did this already several times it did the same thing when i start the client for the first time....i have to reload this 2 times for it to work.

also this does not look like a Out of memory error!

Last edited:
i did this already several times it did the same thing when i start the client for the first time.
Found and fixed the issue! Thanks for the heads-up. New patch!

v 0.1.1.1
- Fixed a bug where the Mod crashed when the game starts. Sorry about that!

Download on the Mod Browser or with the Direct Download Listing

Awesome! We definitely do not have enough world gen mods. My only problem is I've been scrapping run throughs to start over a bunch of times recently - let's see how long I can hold off...

Gonna start a new playthrough just so I can take advantage of this mod! I had enjoyed the structures that Antiaris added, which sadly no longer works. But this mod adds back some of what was lost.

Perhaps for the next update you could add pirate ships in the ocean, or evil towers in the corruption or crimson?

This looks amazing! I always wanted to have more worldgen mods. Although, if sprites of items were a bit more Terraria styled (on Spirit mod's level) it would be even cooler (same thing about all your other mods except random improvements, glowing water (for understandable reason) and spirit (obviously))!

Finished up a new patch for you guys! Thanks for the feedback and kind words, I appreciate both!

v 0.1.1.2
- Added 1 new structure: Campsite (Forest/Purity)
ice_screenshot_20191129-210252.png

- Fixed wrong items spawning in Ornate Pond chest's first slot
- Possibly fixed crashes during worldgen due to Bone Spikes/Corrupt Hives by adding safety checks.

Download on the Mod Browser or with the Direct Download Listing. Enjoy!

I can't say I seen this type of concept myself before in Terraria. Usually it's like the Minecraft mods that adds the dozens of minidungeons and previously inhabited worldspace.

Hey guys! I’m looking for ideas for microstructures I can implement for coming updates. If you have any suggestions for Underground, Desert, Ocean, or Underworld structures, please suggest them here! Thanks :)

for underground we have all those mine tracks, camp sites, houses... so... where is the refinery?

desert need some non-pyramid non-egyptian stuff

ocean I think would be cool a shipwreck!

underworld I would place there some kind of evil temple.

Awesome! I can't wait to see more. I have an idea for something in or near an evil biome, perhaps a house that had to be abandoned due to the evil spreading over the land.

Back
Top Bottom