tModLoader Worldbits: Yuyu's Worldgen

Ah! Wonderful, I've been consistently annoyed at the lack of simpler structure mods for Terraria that don't also add a ridiculous amount of progression and stuff, the only one seemed to be JereTheJuggler's mod. Leave it to Yuyutsu to finally make another! Looks gorgeous, I kinda wish I hadn't made a world for my latest playthrough already, but alas...

Oh, well, there was Spelunker Surge from Yuyu as well but that seemed to have gotten abandoned and was a bit content-bare worldgen-wise.
Oh but speaking of which, do you plan to add any of the stuff from Spelunker Surge to this? I feel like some of it would make sense and fit here. The Fossil biome could very well be made into a sort of bone-filled cavern structure. But ah- regardless...

One thing I'd reccommend is limiting loot somewhat. If a structure spawns in every world, don't have it drop its unique loot every world. One thing about Terraria is that you never know for certain if your world will contain a specific item, and where it may be. Otherwise, make structures sparse, have some only generate some of the time, etc. Especially if a structure is supposed to generate several times, have it sometimes not have any loot, sometimes have some, sometimes rarely have really good loot, etc. Not all structures need loot either!

Anyhow, new structures! The Underworld could definitely use some love, especially in the outer parts of the map where the town stops generating.
Stuff like profane shrines, hanging cages, obsidian spires and temple ruins, maybe some little bits of failed demon-expansion into the cavern layer.
Maybe some "docks" over lava lakes, statues of demonic lords long gone, etc.

Honestly, more underground structures in general would be great. Despite spending so much time underground, you always just find the same old wooden boxes everywhere, it's lame.
It'd be cool to see some more stone ruins and old temples and stuff underground, bits of ancient buried cities and the like. Little underwater underground shrines...
Perhaps a completely fossilized living-tree? A quarry that accidentally dug into the Underworld and got abandoned after demon attacks?
A cave-in that buried some loot along with its original discoverer? An ancient smeltary using the natural lava from deep underground.
Old worm-burrows filled with the remains of adventurers.

The underground tundra could have some old Viking ruins, maybe some little shrines dedicated to Pigrons of legend, buried glaciers...
The underground desert could have some statues, maybe some actual Antlion nests/hives, small hidden tombs/crypts...
Perhaps rarely have the roots of a Living Tree expand into the overgrown ruins of a lost Dryad settlement.
Maybe the remains of a Martian ship which crashed into a floating island and got stuck in its side.
Some little wooden platforms in the Jungle used to navigate the often water-covered ground.
Maybe some mini-structures in the Dungeon that show places the Mechanic was working on machinery,
or things that hint to the Cult's presence inside, old Eldritch statues of the Moon Lord, etc.

Glad to see you've been having fun with these, the mod is looking great :)
It's all thanks to you for giving me those first steps!
Ah! Wonderful, I've been consistently annoyed at the lack of simpler structure mods for Terraria that don't also add a ridiculous amount of progression and stuff, the only one seemed to be JereTheJuggler's mod. Leave it to Yuyutsu to finally make another! Looks gorgeous, I kinda wish I hadn't made a world for my latest playthrough already, but alas...

Oh, well, there was Spelunker Surge from Yuyu as well but that seemed to have gotten abandoned and was a bit content-bare worldgen-wise.
Oh but speaking of which, do you plan to add any of the stuff from Spelunker Surge to this? I feel like some of it would make sense and fit here. The Fossil biome could very well be made into a sort of bone-filled cavern structure. But ah- regardless...

One thing I'd reccommend is limiting loot somewhat. If a structure spawns in every world, don't have it drop its unique loot every world. One thing about Terraria is that you never know for certain if your world will contain a specific item, and where it may be. Otherwise, make structures sparse, have some only generate some of the time, etc. Especially if a structure is supposed to generate several times, have it sometimes not have any loot, sometimes have some, sometimes rarely have really good loot, etc. Not all structures need loot either!

Anyhow, new structures! The Underworld could definitely use some love, especially in the outer parts of the map where the town stops generating.
Stuff like profane shrines, hanging cages, obsidian spires and temple ruins, maybe some little bits of failed demon-expansion into the cavern layer.
Maybe some "docks" over lava lakes, statues of demonic lords long gone, etc.

Honestly, more underground structures in general would be great. Despite spending so much time underground, you always just find the same old wooden boxes everywhere, it's lame.
It'd be cool to see some more stone ruins and old temples and stuff underground, bits of ancient buried cities and the like. Little underwater underground shrines...
Perhaps a completely fossilized living-tree? A quarry that accidentally dug into the Underworld and got abandoned after demon attacks?
A cave-in that buried some loot along with its original discoverer? An ancient smeltary using the natural lava from deep underground.
Old worm-burrows filled with the remains of adventurers.

The underground tundra could have some old Viking ruins, maybe some little shrines dedicated to Pigrons of legend, buried glaciers...
The underground desert could have some statues, maybe some actual Antlion nests/hives, small hidden tombs/crypts...
Perhaps rarely have the roots of a Living Tree expand into the overgrown ruins of a lost Dryad settlement.
Maybe the remains of a Martian ship which crashed into a floating island and got stuck in its side.
Some little wooden platforms in the Jungle used to navigate the often water-covered ground.
Maybe some mini-structures in the Dungeon that show places the Mechanic was working on machinery,
or things that hint to the Cult's presence inside, old Eldritch statues of the Moon Lord, etc.
Thank you for all of your suggestions! It's always good to hear from you; I appreciate your feedback a bunch! I'm not sure if stuff from Spelunker would return, but it would becool to see a fossil cavern or some kind of smaller scale version of the biome. Be on the lookout for that, perhaps.

To the rest of you, here's a sneak peek at some of the more interesting things we can do with microstructures... custom encounters? (The actual structure for this particular encounter hasn't been built yet, oops :p ).

Underworld could certainly use some more variations of the demon towers, the same straight-ish designs are somewhat boring all the time.
I vaguely remember in my time with Starbound a collection of sandstone structures with busted up race statues. Probably similar to replicate in Terraria even if the statues aren't sandstone.
The ocean I'm honestly not sure of, if only because two of the major mods really manipulate the sides of the map super hardcore *glances at Thorium and Calamity* With that said, sunken shrines or shipwrecks both would be thematic, maybe a beach-placed lighthouse microdungeon?

Hey guys! I’m looking for ideas for microstructures I can implement for coming updates. If you have any suggestions for Underground, Desert, Ocean, or Underworld structures, please suggest them here! Thanks :)
I think a giant living mushroom with some unique items within would be neat, or some form of mushroom themed building hallowed out as a home. the mushroom biome is far too empty!

A really fun little mod, here's some suggestions to make it no so little!

Purity Away from spawn :
-Rare goblin camp with a placeable standard.
-A well with rope and a bucket at the bottom.
-A signpost with a lamp.

Snow Biome:
-A frozen lake with an ice sword at the bottom. Similar to the enchanted sword.

Underground:
-Trapped treasure cabin, with various types of traps.
-Hidden Treasure Chamber. With riches and golden loot.
-Lava cracks(in the lava layer), with erupting rocks to break with a chance for magma stone.

Desert:
-Small oasis with a bit of water and palm trees.

Underground Jungle:
-Smaller hive clusters with honey stuff inside. Chest?
-A node of thorns with solid parts.

Underground Desert:
-An antlion trap with sliding sand to fall in the middle.
-A fossil cluster with a rare fossil.

Hell:
-Hanging demon nests.
-A sealed chamber under lava with a ring that didn't melt.

Dungeon:
-A torture chamber with many tools.

I really like the mod! It defiantly appeals to that inner explorer and makes worlds feel more lived in!

Stuff I'd like to see:

Castles or fortresses (surface or cavern), probably not a micro structure but seeing a fallen or abandoned castle with traps, enemies and loot would be fun to reap the riches from! (maybe similar sized to pyramids in terms of playable space, something like a mini dungeon I think would be a great distraction)

Fallen or destroyed towns on the surface Crimson (give it that all consuming feeling, this might really enhance the dread)

Shrines, temples, churches, statues, ect dedicated to the great Cthulhu/Moon Lord. From wikipedia: "The imprisoned Cthulhu is apparently the source of constant anxiety for mankind at a subconscious level, and is also the subject of worship by a number of human religions" It would be cool to see the the effects of denizens of Terraria worshiping or falling under the influence of Cthulhu/moon lord through abandoned or even populated places of worship. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Something like R'lyeh at the bottom of the ocean would be really cool

Greenhouses with plants/planters

Abandoned/Ghost ships drifting on the ocean surface!

Igloos in snow biomes

Underground Grottos, something with lots of grass, flowing water, maybe even a small structure.

I noticed a weird bug regarding a gold chest I found in a miner's campsite, though I'm not sure if it is a problem with this mod. I used my pick axe on the chest when it still had items in it, and with every swing a gold chest dropped without destroying the chest itself, it was only destroyed when I hit it again after emptying it.

I noticed a weird bug regarding a gold chest I found in a miner's campsite, though I'm not sure if it is a problem with this mod. I used my pick axe on the chest when it still had items in it, and with every swing a gold chest dropped without destroying the chest itself, it was only destroyed when I hit it again after emptying it.
That can happen in vanilla.

Finally! Another mod that adds mini-structures around the world. I'm loving it, pal.

It would be awesome if you could add a "Flesh Nest", something like a crimson sacrificial ground:

Capture 2020-02-08 22_47_15.png

(I did this as an example of what I mean)

This mod is amazing! For a while I have been looking for something to spice up my worlds. If I'm to suggest anything can I suggest a lunar shrine (with a solar cultist archer seeing how they literally can't spawn normally)

Back
Top Bottom