tModLoader WorldGen Previewer

Big update today

Cancel button now ACTUALLY WORKS! `:passionate:`:passionate:`:passionate:`:passionate:

Also, here is a little video for those who never played around with the repeat button:

Here is a video showing how easy it is now to cancel:

It crashes when I create a world with CalamityMod installed, during the creation of the brimstone crag (I Think).

Last edited:
My window closes during the creation of Calamity structures, right after the world map goes black while only showing the underworld.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 5.57.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 5.57.00 PM.png
    198 KB · Views: 318
It crashes when I create a world with CalamityMod installed, during the creation of the brimstone crag (I Think).
No, it crashes right afterwards when it is about to try and generate the planetoids. It is the planetoid generation that is crashing the worldgen previewer. Why? Because the generation of the planetoids involves extending the map upwards to make a outerspace biome. For obvious reasons, this immediately results in an array out of bounds exception in the worldgen previewer. It is not going to be easy for jopojelly to make the previewer compatible with the planetoids, in fact the only way I can see it being possible is with the addition of a boolean option in the menu that asks the user if calamitymod is installed or not.

No, it crashes right afterwards when it is about to try and generate the planetoids. It is the planetoid generation that is crashing the worldgen previewer. Why? Because the generation of the planetoids involves extending the map upwards to make a outerspace biome. For obvious reasons, this immediately results in an array out of bounds exception in the worldgen previewer. It is not going to be easy for jopojelly to make the previewer compatible with the planetoids, in fact the only way I can see it being possible is with the addition of a boolean option in the menu that asks the user if calamitymod is installed or not.
No, the Calamity mod people should be able to figure it out if they wanted. I can't see their code, but I don't see why it isn't possible for them to fix it.

Bro, the worldgen previewer is trying to put a pixel on an array index exceeding the one originally defined by your mod at the start of the worldgen process, the one defined in your settings. The problem is on your end. See this if you still don't get it: https://examples.javacodegeeks.com/...o-handle-array-index-out-of-bounds-exception/

There is no code you need to see, other than perhaps the code relating to just how much the mod extends the worldmap during the planetoid generation, but that's something that can probably be easily obtained with a question to the maker of the mod. If we're lucky, it is a fixed value, if we're unlucky its a formula.

I'm loving this mod but I am running into one issue that I can't seem to find a fix to. I have the Calamity mod installed (along with a few others) and when I generate a new world, it gets 3/4 done with the world, including most Calamity biomes, but upon attempting to load the last biome, it crashes my Terraria.

I'm loving this mod but I am running into one issue that I can't seem to find a fix to. I have the Calamity mod installed (along with a few others) and when I generate a new world, it gets 3/4 done with the world, including most Calamity biomes, but upon attempting to load the last biome, it crashes my Terraria.
Well, that's because calamity intentionally screw it up there. You are not supposed to change the world size while generating the world after all, if they would have done properly it would be done before generating the world.

Should work now.
Hi I've ran into a problem with this mod enabled and even after disabling the mod and deleting it. it seems that the mod disables the use of both full-screen map and the small map in the corner could you please fix this it would be very much appreciated

This mod fixed problems I used to have actually, but the problem here is that I get stuck on generating the dungeon, as most people with too many mods have. I'm wondering if this conflict has to do with the order things are generated. Would there be a way to force the dungeons to generate first? I love how you can remove things you don't like in the routine, but what about adding? Or moving the order? Thanks. That would be an awesome feature, though I dont know if its actually possible.

This mod fixed problems I used to have actually, but the problem here is that I get stuck on generating the dungeon, as most people with too many mods have. I'm wondering if this conflict has to do with the order things are generated. Would there be a way to force the dungeons to generate first? I love how you can remove things you don't like in the routine, but what about adding? Or moving the order? Thanks. That would be an awesome feature, though I dont know if its actually possible.
Sounds like the 0.11 Tremor bug to me.

With the cancel function for world generation, it always seems to get stalled by Thorium's stuff for adding aquatic depths. In some cases, it gets permanently stuck and you have to force-kill the process.

Is there a way to start the world gen paused and run through the process step by step?
I want to add a lot of tunnels and other features that are high up in the list
but I can't because by the time my reaction time sees the world gen preview screen pop up,
the process is already at step 20

Or is there a way to repeat processes that happened earlier
as in move early steps towards the bottom of the list or the other way around
So you can redo a step later on in the world gen process

Back
Top Bottom