tModLoader WorldGen Previewer

Is there a way to start the world gen paused and run through the process step by step?
I want to add a lot of tunnels and other features that are high up in the list
but I can't because by the time my reaction time sees the world gen preview screen pop up,
the process is already at step 20

Or is there a way to repeat processes that happened earlier
as in move early steps towards the bottom of the list or the other way around
So you can redo a step later on in the world gen process
good idea, but I don't think anything like that is implemented yet. Actually, I think if you pause at the end, and step through the last steps, on the next world you generate it might start paused.

I found out why some people can't zoom. I turned frameskip on and now I can zoom. I'm assuming that it only checks if you have scrolled on every frame, so if it is lagging a lot, it won't zoom. Also lowering my display resolution let me zoom a bit. Frameskip is a surefire way to make sure you can zoom though.

good idea, but I don't think anything like that is implemented yet. Actually, I think if you pause at the end, and step through the last steps, on the next world you generate it might start paused.

all it really needs imo is an auto-pause before writing to disk, just to review and save/discard the result without an extra step of loading it up in the external viewer. this would work so much better with terracustom, and soon to be vanilla configs in 1.4

e3QKzY4.png

WorldGen Previewer
Latest Download:
Mod Browser (in-game) - Direct link - Alt download link

Open to collaboration on GitHub
Discord:

This mod changes the world generation screen to include a preview of the map as it generates. You can also pause/resume generation as you like.

Please let me know problems you run into.

Performance: For me it added 1 second to a small world, but I have a new computer, let me know how it works for you.

Videos of mod in action:

Watch World Generation happen before your EYES!

Pause World Generation and look around!

Repeat steps for fun!

Don't like what you see? Cancel that world!
Planned features:
  • Reset Button maybe?
  • Any Suggestions?
Issues:
  • None that I know of.
Changelog:

v0.2
  • Cancel button now actually works. (no more corrupting subsequent worldgen)
  • Scan line visualizer
v0.1.3.3
  • Cancel button.
v0.1.3.1
  • Updated to tModLoader v0.9.0.0
v0.1.3
  • Next Button -- Generates next step and then pauses.
  • Repeat Previous Button -- Repeat a step, great for crazy things.
  • Show Generation Steps Button -- See list of upcoming steps.
  • Nicer UI
v0.1
  • Initial Release
  • Pause/Resume world gen
  • See Map of world as it is generating

WorldGenPreviewer.png

This mod is amazing and so satisfying to watch! if i had one suggestion tho, perhaps an "undo" feature? like undoing a step to re-gen it instead of stacking more and more.

It's 2020 but if you still respond, I was wondering, I disabled the mod because I wasn't making any new mods, but I entered the world without loading all my mods, so I had to leave and reload them, but when I went back into the world my mini-map was cleared and it was like I had never explored anything, so I was wondering if it's because I disabled the mod or because something got corrupted.
Also great mod!

Will you be updating this mod when 1.4 comes out? I think it'd be pretty cool to compare world gen between the different versions.

Will you be updating this mod when 1.4 comes out? I think it'd be pretty cool to compare world gen between the different versions.
yeah

It's 2020 but if you still respond, I was wondering, I disabled the mod because I wasn't making any new mods, but I entered the world without loading all my mods, so I had to leave and reload them, but when I went back into the world my mini-map was cleared and it was like I had never explored anything, so I was wondering if it's because I disabled the mod or because something got corrupted.
Also great mod!
I don't know why your minimap got deleted, but I don't think it was because of this mod, this mod doesn't do anything outside of the world generation screen.

hi nothing shows up, i don't know if that's related to me not putting in a seed for the world or whatever but there is no map or buttons. is there a setting i can find for it or something? it doesn't show up either but it's in my mods in the menu but it's in my mod folder

hi nothing shows up, i don't know if that's related to me not putting in a seed for the world or whatever but there is no map or buttons. is there a setting i can find for it or something? it doesn't show up either but it's in my mods in the menu but it's in my mod folder
try testing with no other mods, maybe there is a conflict.

ok it might have something to do with the fact that i was using an extremely outdated version of tmodloader I'll tell you if it works after i update it

Is there a way to start the world gen paused and run through the process step by step?
I want to add a lot of tunnels and other features that are high up in the list
but I can't because by the time my reaction time sees the world gen preview screen pop up,
the process is already at step 20

Or is there a way to repeat processes that happened earlier
as in move early steps towards the bottom of the list or the other way around
So you can redo a step later on in the world gen process
I would also appreciate this. It's very difficult to pause the early steps manually.

What would be really nice is some way to save steps so you dont have to manually set up custom worldgens every time

Sometimes, using the step button on "spreading grass" makes it get stuck on "Status: Pausing...". and never unpauses.

[
"AlchemistNPC",
"AutoTrash",
"BannerBonanza",
"BetterPaint",
"BetterYoyos",
"BossCursor",
"Boxinator",
"CheatExtensions",
"CheatSheet",
"CheatyToolsReloaded",
"ClickerAddon",
"ClickerClass",
"ConfigurableGrowth",
"DrillFix",
"DualWielding",
"ExtensibleInventory",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"Fargowiltas",
"FargowiltasSouls",
"FargowiltasSoulsDLC",
"FasterPickaxes",
"GoblinTinkererplus",
"HamstarHelpers",
"HelpfulHotkeys",
"Infinity",
"Intrinsics",
"ItemModifier",
"JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod",
"LansUnlimitedBuffSlots",
"LootBags",
"Luiafk",
"MagicF",
"MagicStorage",
"ManaFruit",
"MultiLure",
"NoFishTimer",
"OmniSwing",
"OreSeeds",
"OreSlimes",
"PiercingImminutyPerWeapon",
"PlentifulOres",
"Powerups",
"QualityOfLifeRecipes",
"ReducedGrinding",
"ShorterRespawn",
"SolutionsMod",
"StarHell",
"SummonersAssociation",
"TheDeconstructor",
"ThoriumMod",
"TinkerersWorkshop",
"TooManySlots",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"VeinMiner",
"VipixToolBox",
"WMITF",
"WheresMyItems",
"WingSlot",
"imkSushisMod",
"infmin",
"WorldGenPreviewer"
]

Edit: The pause getting stuck seems to be unrelated to the generation step.

Last edited:
Sometimes, using the step button on "spreading grass" makes it get stuck on "Status: Pausing...". and never unpauses.

[
"AlchemistNPC",
"AutoTrash",
"BannerBonanza",
"BetterPaint",
"BetterYoyos",
"BossCursor",
"Boxinator",
"CheatExtensions",
"CheatSheet",
"CheatyToolsReloaded",
"ClickerAddon",
"ClickerClass",
"ConfigurableGrowth",
"DrillFix",
"DualWielding",
"ExtensibleInventory",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"Fargowiltas",
"FargowiltasSouls",
"FargowiltasSoulsDLC",
"FasterPickaxes",
"GoblinTinkererplus",
"HamstarHelpers",
"HelpfulHotkeys",
"Infinity",
"Intrinsics",
"ItemModifier",
"JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod",
"LansUnlimitedBuffSlots",
"LootBags",
"Luiafk",
"MagicF",
"MagicStorage",
"ManaFruit",
"MultiLure",
"NoFishTimer",
"OmniSwing",
"OreSeeds",
"OreSlimes",
"PiercingImminutyPerWeapon",
"PlentifulOres",
"Powerups",
"QualityOfLifeRecipes",
"ReducedGrinding",
"ShorterRespawn",
"SolutionsMod",
"StarHell",
"SummonersAssociation",
"TheDeconstructor",
"ThoriumMod",
"TinkerersWorkshop",
"TooManySlots",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"VeinMiner",
"VipixToolBox",
"WMITF",
"WheresMyItems",
"WingSlot",
"imkSushisMod",
"infmin",
"WorldGenPreviewer"
]

Edit: The pause getting stuck seems to be unrelated to the generation step.
That's a lot of mods, see if it happens with 0 other mods. I can't really determine the issue if the issue is caused by a combination of mods.

Back
Top Bottom