PS3 Worlds are all gone

The-LAW

Terrarian
Every single one of my worlds was deleted somehow. i finally get the vampire knives on my new main world (old main world got messed up by 1.2 and the underworld got switched with the sky. didnt know about the forum so i just quit, kinda too late now.) i say goodbye to my friend, cyberxrecon. i log off and watch a movie for an hour while i ate dinner. i log back on and it says some of my saves were corrupted (by what?!?!?!) and would i like to overite to continue or else i just couldnt save. i say yes (figuered it might be my last save or something, no biggie) click my charecter (which somehow survived the corruption) and all my worlds are just gone!!!! any one know what happened?

Edit 1: Should probly add ps3

This has happened three times if you count the 1.2 mess up. I know the first was caused by 1.2. The second time was a deletion like this one. I figured " DARN IT! I logged off while it was saving!" This third time I very deliberate to not turn it off while it was saving. I clicked the manual save button. I waited about 15-30 seconds while the little save thing was in the bottoms right corner. I wait for it to fade away after its done. The I shut down the system from the menu. I don't know much about code ( except for very simple html) so I don't know if something else went wrong or was saving in background, but after the second time I've been very carefully about saving. Thank you for taking your precious time to hear my case

So are you shutting off your PS3 with the center button short cut or are you exiting to hone screen first?

Yeah, and it shouldn't. To be honest I don't really know why this is happening to you. What you should do is report it directly to 505 through the link in my sig and from now on, exit the game before shutting down. You might have interrupted something since the game was still running.

Yes there really is no known bug that would cause this issue as previous save corruption problems were fixed unless you power off while saving which you clearly didn't or you tried to hack your data which I just assume you didn't :)

I remember hearing previously that sometimes deleting the game (not the save data, just the game - you can do this seperately on PS3) and reinstalling it made worlds reappear, perhaps you can try that?

Back
Top Bottom