PS4 Worlds Conversion help

xDragonWarrior09

Official Terrarian
The onetime conversion does not seem to be working, as it has been stuck at converting maps for about 20 mins or more. Please help!

The onetime conversion does not seem to be working, as it has been stuck at converting maps for about 20 mins or more. Please help!
It could take awhile, especially if you have a lot of worlds or large worlds. Don't turn it off, let it continue the process.

It could take awhile, especially if you have a lot of worlds or large worlds. Don't turn it off, let it continue the process.
My game actually crashed during that process but when I started it back up I’m still on the converting maps process, I hope nothing happened to my worlds. I have been here for almost 45 minutes does it usually take longer than that?

My game actually crashed during that process but when I started it back up I’m still on the converting maps process, I hope nothing happened to my worlds. I have been here for almost 45 minutes does it usually take longer than that?
Be patient and give it time. :) If you run into any issues, send them a report and include as much detail as possible here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Okay I’ll try sending a bug report, still not moving though it’s been over an hour, I’ll leave it on a bit longer and see what’s up.

Okay I’ll try sending a bug report, still not moving though it’s been over an hour, I’ll leave it on a bit longer and see what’s up.
Pipeworks has been saying that it is a long process and can take awhile. Hang in there. :)

@DragonWarrior09 and @Secretshino - Here is new info that has become available.

Loki has said:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW:
@ Anyone having save conversion issues. Just got this from PW in regards to what happens to your saves in case of issues, crashes, etc with the conversion process. So - if you are having conversion issues, don't delete those saves if you still want to have them.
On the live version we don't delete legacy saves. The conversion process is just trying to make one of our saves that replicates the same world or player. They are kept untouched as backups -- in case that is consolation to anybody who had conversion troubles.
So when we hotfix they should be there - provided the player has not deleted their saves.

Edited to add: Also Pipeworks has just posted this:
Legacy Save Conversion: We're aware of a bug that is preventing you from converting your saves. Please note that even after conversion we create a untouched backup of your worlds. DON'T delete your worlds. As soon as we have a fix implemented we'll let you know. Thanks!

Anyone else having plain old crashing when trying to convert their world's? 1 user on our ps4 converted fine, but 2nd and 3rd cannot convert without crashing.

Yes I've submitted a bug report.

I think I'm at 6 hours of conversion now, but I was PM'D by a dev so hopefully they find the issue there. My PS4 is basically taken hostage :(

I think I'm at 6 hours of conversion now, but I was PM'D by a dev so hopefully they find the issue there. My PS4 is basically taken hostage :(

I hope mine doesn't take as long. It's been a few hours here and hasn't moved. It won't let me bypass this or move on, so I guess the game is broken for me in the mean time. I guess I'll give this an overnight attempt.

Attachments

• 20171214_194133.jpg
    20171214_194133.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 742
I fixed the issue on my ps4. Back up your save data to a USB. Go to settings, storage, saved data, Terraria, the first folder that popped up for me was system. Delete it, go back to Terraria and it works like a charm. Please back up your files, that way you can restore because someone will delete the wrong file. It's inevitable

I fixed the issue on my ps4. Back up your save data to a USB. Go to settings, storage, saved data, Terraria, the first folder that popped up for me was system. Delete it, go back to Terraria and it works like a charm. Please back up your files, that way you can restore because someone will delete the wrong file. It's inevitable
Thanks for passing along what worked for you. You’re right that it’s important to back up your files first. Hope this workaround works for others.

Would updating to the cloud suffice? I don’t really have a USB lying around at the moment

Would updating to the cloud suffice? I don’t really have a USB lying around at the moment
I am not sure of the status of cloud saving right now for your characters and worlds. It's being looked into.

Here are instructions for the workaround.
  1. PS4 Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup)
  2. Delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage (keep the USB/Cloud Backup)
  3. Restart the game.

I have the same issue on xbox one only 2 big worlds i want to delete. HELP
[doublepost=1518055811,1518055727][/doublepost]C

Attachments

• 15180557638321328345110.jpg
    15180557638321328345110.jpg
    893.3 KB · Views: 343
I’ve had the same problem, my Xbox is still doing this since the launch of the update, I once left my Xbox on while I went to school, then after went straight into my city for a few hours, went home which took an hour or two and it was STILL converting my maps. (I got my sister to use my controller every once in a while to prevent my Xbox from turning off) I uninstalled the game and installed it again and it was still converting, I didn’t even have any worlds, I deleted them months before the update. I deleted the save files from the actual app and STILL nothing, I don’t know what to do anymore.

Back
Top Bottom