Linux Worlds created by dedicated server terminal: Can I move it to the Steam cloud somehow?

rilpires

Terrarian
I created a World using the TerrariaServer.bin.x86_64, everything is fine, but I would like to know if I could backup this world.
I tried to open it as a single player in Terraria client but it won't appear in the worlds list.
Even if I couldn't use steam cloud, I'd like to have the .wld file (or similar) to transfer it to others PCs. Where should I be looking for it?

Already looked in ~/.local/share/Terraria ; There is not a single world or character file there.

My worlds (except the one created in prompt) and characters are in ~/.local/share/Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID_I_GUESS/105600/remote

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Last edited:
On Linux, world saves for the game are should be located at ~/.local/share/Terraria/Worlds. I'm not sure why they're appearing in that other folder, but I would try moving them to the right location.

Last edited:
On Linux, world saves for the game are should be located at ~/.local/share/Terraria/Worlds. I'm not sure why they're appearing in that other folder, but I would try moving them to the right location.

Tried it, it just duplicated my characters and worlds, since the ~/.local/share/Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID_I_GUESS/105600/remote folder was created again once I opened Terraria from Steam (probably because these were characters and worlds with cloud sync on)

The world I created from TerrariaServer.bin.x86_64
terminal is still missing, I just would like to know which file holds the world's data so I can backup it and transfer to other computers...

Tried it, it just duplicated my characters and worlds, since the ~/.local/share/Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID_I_GUESS/105600/remote folder was created again once I opened Terraria from Steam (probably because these were characters and worlds with cloud sync on)

The world I created from TerrariaServer.bin.x86_64
terminal is still missing, I just would like to know which file holds the world's data so I can backup it and transfer to other computers...
That seems pretty odd to me - not sure why it would be located somewhere different. Unless you're attempting to utilise cloud saves?
World data is usually stored in <wordname>.wld

Unless you're attempting to utilise cloud saves?

That's what I said, these were characters and worlds files that I created back ago and had 'cloud save' feature enabled from the Terraria client.
The only difference for this world now is that I created it from the TerrariaServer.bin.x86_64 and I would like to find it's file.

Just updating: this issue still happens in 1.4.1.
I just updated it from Steam, started this world from dedicated server, played a minute then save-exit. Still no clue where this .wld file is

Back
Top Bottom