• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC Worm enemies detach items from mannequins/racks/frames while submerged

Kojiro_S

Spazmatism
So I was creating an underwater dungeon for my server and placing rewards on weapon racks when I noticed some items were getting detached for some reason. Turns out, whenever a worm enemy passed through a mannequin, weapon rack or item frame, the item(s) would pop out of it.
I tested it on single player as well and it still happens. It only happens underwater. Items are not detached when worms go through them on dry land.

Best place to reproduce is probably on the underground desert due to the frecuent worm spawning, but you will need to do some flooding.
Here's a video showing how a tomb crawler detaches items from both weapon racks and item frames.

Last edited:

Kojiro_S

Spazmatism
surprising bug :O
Maybe the game thinks Something is hitting them while the worm goes trough them?
I have no proof, but maybe it's because the game doesn't like having too many layers of objects on top of each other (wall, rack, object on rack, water, burrowing worm) and thus it detaches the object to get rid of a layer.

TheWorfer27

Retinazer
I have no proof, but maybe it's because the game doesn't like having too many layers of objects on top of each other (wall, rack, object on rack, water, burrowing worm) and thus it detaches the object to get rid of a layer.
Try adding some wire on top of that to see how it reacts. Could add 5 more layers.

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
I was able to reproduce this as described. Odd that it only happens when the item frame / weapon rack is underwater. Layering sounds like a possibility, but I'm not a developer so can't say for sure. :)

Top Bottom