Items Worm Food on a Stick: A worm mount dropped from the Eater of Worlds

Matador

Plantera
Just a little thing that I thought of while playing Terraria yesterday. :)

Worm Food on a Stick WormFoodStick.png
Has a 5%/9.75% to be dropped from the Eater of Worlds (just the final blow that kills the whole boss, not the heads that split)

When used, summons a little version of the EoW to ride on! (3 segments at first)
Controlling the worm is simple: It is able to ride through air but NOT blocks. W makes it go up, S makes it go down, A left, D right.
It can only ride through air for so long before drifting down. It always hovers above the ground.
When the worm is going fast enough, ANY part of his body will deal contact damage. The head does more, while the body does a little less and the tail the least.
The gimmick: as the Eater's head 'eats' enemies, it grows in length up to 8 segments.

EDIT: To prevent confusing from 100% air mobility, it can only jump so high into the air until it has to come back down.

Feedback is well-appreciated.

Last edited:
It makes absolutely no sense to be able to ride through air but not blocks. No support.

It's not that it makes no sense, it's that it would make more sense as a Wyvern mount with that type of movement. To move through blocks you would have the player suffocate like when silt or sand falls on you. That wouldn't be good. No mount that I know of can move through blocks.

Given that fact, and the fact that the Eater of Worlds movement was what is trying to be mimicked I see no real problem in allowing movement through the air. I do think you should have to build up some major speed before being able to get very high though. The enemy eating is an interesting mechanic. You would need some way to balance that out though(maybe make it so they don't give drops, they are being eaten after all), otherwise players will just eat whatever is most threatening to get them out of the way. The limit does help with that though.

It's not that it makes no sense, it's that it would make more sense as a Wyvern mount with that type of movement. To move through blocks you would have the player suffocate like when silt or sand falls on you. That wouldn't be good. No mount that I know of can move through blocks.

Given that fact, and the fact that the Eater of Worlds movement was what is trying to be mimicked I see no real problem in allowing movement through the air. I do think you should have to build up some major speed before being able to get very high though. The enemy eating is an interesting mechanic. You would need some way to balance that out though(maybe make it so they don't give drops, they are being eaten after all), otherwise players will just eat whatever is most threatening to get them out of the way. The limit does help with that though.

Perfectly explained my idea. :)
It can't 'eat' bosses and high-HP enemies in one hit. When the Head deals a finishing blow, it eats the enemy.
It can't eat bosses or enemies kike the Paladin even when it's the finishing blow.
When the Eater is max-length, head-kills act like regular kills, and enemies drop their items.
Drops don't drop when the Eater eats something, but when a non-head segment kills and enemy, they drop their stuff. :)

Perfectly explained my idea. :)
It can't 'eat' bosses and high-HP enemies in one hit. When the Head deals a finishing blow, it eats the enemy.
It can't eat bosses or enemies kike the Paladin even when it's the finishing blow.
When the Eater is max-length, head-kills act like regular kills, and enemies drop their items.
Drops don't drop when the Eater eats something, but when a non-head segment kills and enemy, they drop their stuff. :)

Sounds balanced and interesting. More variety with mounts is never bad.

Maybe it is partly in the ground other than you and you can jump high?
Edit: @Matador Is this close to what you want it to look like?
eater_of_planetoids_by_girghgh-d95ydga.png

Hmm. Maybe remove the eyes on the side of the eater, stretch out the body parts a little more, and add a tail.
It looks good, it's just too tiny. :p

Hmm. Maybe remove the eyes on the side of the eater, stretch out the body parts a little more, and add a tail.
It looks good, it's just too tiny. :p
Each segment is supposed to have five, one in the middle and two on each side other than the head witch has three. It was just a concept also, not to actual size. The body parts are supposed to be round and circle like, so they would be bigger if I made them wider. The reason it's so small is because I based it off the EoW mask, so I had no scale.

Each segment is supposed to have five, one in the middle and two on each side other than the head witch has three. It was just a concept also, not to actual size. The body parts are supposed to be round and circle like, so they would be bigger if I made them wider. The reason it's so small is because I based it off the EoW mask, so I had no scale.

I'll try to sprite it. I'm a terrible spriter tho, so
EDIT: cant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom