Wormhole Mirror, Yay or nay?

• Yay!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LNseven

Official Terrarian
Playing 1.3 multiplayer is really fun and the Wormhole Potions are just so good. They allow you to warp to any member on your team. While Wormhole Potions are common they have no permanent solution, That might be for the better. however the very useful Recall Potion has the Magic Mirror. I am suggesting that we need another mirror in the game, The Wormhole Mirror!

Wormhole Mirror
Rarity - Blue
Tool tip - Teleports you to a party member. Click their head on the full screen map
Sell - 1 gold

Finding these in chests would make no sense in single player so a crafting recipe would be put in place to make the Wormhole Mirror. The crafting recipe is debatable and I was thinking around early hardmode tier.

Crafting
Magic/Ice Mirror
5 Wormhole Potions
10 Hellstone bars
5 Souls of Light
Crafted at Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil

Of course with the new addition of the Cell Phone and super compact items the Wormhole Mirror can be crafted into a new item. The Smart Phone

Smart Phone
Rarity - Lime
Material
Tool tip - It can do everything! Kinda.
Sell - 8 gold

The Smart Phone works just like the Cell Phone with the added bonus of letting you warp to a team member by clicking their head on the full screen map.

There it is. I have not fully gotten through 1.3 yet and I found no item like it so I thought this into existence because running out of Wormhole Potions is the worst. :p

Last edited:
Maybe a little OP for pre-hardmode? maybe gate it past WoF or Mech Bosses. Good idea though.

Instead of making a new item, they could simply make it so that to craft the cell phone you need both mirrors in the first place.
Or even better, combining both mirrors into one to have both uses, and then later on using that item to combine to make the Cell Phone.

Otherwise, great idea, I know I use wormholes a whole lot.

Instead of making a new item, they could simply make it so that to craft the cell phone you need both mirrors in the first place.
Or even better, combining both mirrors into one to have both uses, and then later on using that item to combine to make the Cell Phone.

Otherwise, great idea, I know I use wormholes a whole lot.
But that stops singleplayer people from getting the Cell Phone

Anyways, I like the idea! Not a huge fan of the Smarter Phone name though, how about calling it the tPhone (Terra Phone)? Or just the Smartphone.

But that stops singleplayer people from getting the Cell Phone

Anyways, I like the idea! Not a huge fan of the Smarter Phone name though, how about calling it the tPhone (Terra Phone)? Or just the Smartphone.
How does it stop singlerplayers at all?
It's not like crafting the new mirror would be exclusive to multiplayer. It would be useless, but easily manageable, especially with the recipe OP came up with.

How does it stop singlerplayers at all?
It's not like crafting the new mirror would be exclusive to multiplayer. It would be useless, but easily manageable, especially with the recipe OP came up with.
Could just be made into 2 recipies, or 2 phone items. One using magic/ice mirror, and one using both magic/ice and wormhole. Singleplayer and multiplayer variants.

That is true, the smart phone does not yet exist in Terraria... so yeah, why not a general smart phone?
When I think Smartphone I think of the flat brick like design of the Cell Phone currently in the game. I do agree the term 'Smarter Phone' is a bit... Outlandish? I'll change it to just Smart Phone. ;)

Back
Top Bottom