Note: Requires Mod Helpers
This mod populates the underground with random pairs of wormhole portals. Wormholes allow two-way fast travel between remote locations of the world. Be warned: There's no telling where you might end up!
As an added bonus, I've included a craftable Scroll of Town Portal; a familiar staple for ARPG fans eager to expedite tedious caving sessions.
- Recall/Wormhole Potion (1x)
- Book (1x)
- Mana Crystal (1x)
- Recall/Wormhole Potion (1x)
- Bouncy Bomb (5x)
- Amethyst (1x)
- Topaz (1x)
- Sapphire (1x)
- Emerald (1x)
- Ruby (1x)
- Diamond (1x)
- Amber (1x)
Configuration options found in 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs/Wormholes Config.json'.
Source code available. API now available.
Note for mod authors: Mods can freely adjust config settings via. weak reference, but they are not automatically saved to file.
Requires tModLoader (+0.11). Copy the above .tmod file to your 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods' folder to play.
- Updated for TML11.5
- Added FloatInputElement for float config settings
- Added ranges to some config settings
- Updated to TML11.4 and MH5b
- Fixed typo in Chaos Bomb message
- Fixed issue with wormholes spilling past edge of minimap.
- Updated for MHv4
- Minor update for MH PacketProtocol tweak
- Updated to Mod Helpers v2.0.2
- Restructured Mod override
- Restructured ModPlayer class a bit
- Updated player code
- Added MP player load bug failsafe
- Refactored config file usage conventions
- Refactored debug mode settings
- Refactored API form
- Refactored net code to use PacketProtocol
- Added config settings to adjust Chaos Bomb recipe input and output
- Altered Chaos Bomb recipe to use 5 Bouncy Bombs, and produce 25 Chaos Bombs
- Rebalanced town portal scroll recipe (now produces 3 scrolls, also craftable with spell tomes)
- Fixed premature minimap displays of wormholes
- Added mod icon
- Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 issue report
- Refactored net protocol
- Minor refactoring
- Fixed crash bug
- Refactored class visibility
- Added API
- Fixed natural wormholes relocating improperly via Chaos Bomb hits
- Fixed portals not zooming properly
- Fixed wormhole relocation in single player via Chaos Bomb
- Ensured town portal (not general wormhole) closure via Chaos Bomb (no random chance)
- Fixed Chaos Bomb issues.
- Fixed portals not zooming correctly.
- Fixed initial placement of wormholes appearing over obstructed terrain (hopefully for good)
- Restored debug config settings and added a wormholes force-reset setting
- Updated for TML 0.10
- Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
- Numerous fixes and tweaks
- Added debug config option
- Removed old config (Wormholes 1.3.12.json)
- Prevented wormholes from generating before terrain
- Improved wormhole colors
- Removed misplaced 'Losing Is Fun' code chunk affecting magic mirrors
- Added Chaos Bombs; re-randomizes existing wormholes
- Set town portals to persist with saves
- Add config option to disable wormholes (only town portals exist)
- Fixed camera mode failing to render wormholes
- Set town portals to be craftable from recall potions
- Add particle effects to wormholes
- Reduced wormhole light radius + increased sound
- Moved config file to Mod Config
- Wormhole Potions and Recall Potions can be crafted into one another with their respective herbs.
- Town Portal Scroll craftable with a mana crystal instead of purification powder.
- Fixed multiplayer bug.
- Fixed added config settings not being added with version updates.
- Reduced wormhole sound volume and added config setting to adjust it.
- Fixed entrapment glitch and improved code.
- Fixed wormholes drifting on world save.
- Lowered default wormholes per world.
- Note: Wormholes are refreshed with this version. A new config file is used.
- Town portal expire crash fix.
- Fixed portals sometimes failing to generate correctly on a given world.
- Fixed portal collision box alignment issue.
- Changed portal to render directly to the screen instead of by way of a Dust particle (should fix glitching and layering).
- Added town portal opening animation.
- Town portals now expire after 1 hour.
- Exposed classes for DLL reference use. No gameplay changes.
- Improved wormhole animation.
- Added a brief wormhole exit debuff (chaos state + distortion).
- Assorted fixes and tweaks.
- Fixed minimap display problem.
- Tweaked portal graphic.
- Fixed settings not getting conveyed to clients.
- Prevented portals from spawning in lava or dungeon.
- Added failsafes against portal glitching.
- Fixed multiplayer. Hopefully.