tModLoader Wormholes (and also Scroll of Town Portal)

that distortion debuff makes the portals feel so much more intuitive to use and the chaos is a nice addition too, keep up the good work :D this mod is really improving my game since i'm playing a large world for the first time in years!

BUG REPORT: Town Portals (not sure if ambient portals as well) are invisible in multiplayer. They do however function and show up on the map.
c1d540ff8c.jpg

Say, does the wormholes NEED a new world to work, or if I install the mod, it'll spawn even in worlds without wormholes?
They'll be added to any world that doesn't have them.

I'll eventually release a new version to try to fix that multiplayer portal bug. I haven't been able to replicate it, much less find a good failsafe for it. It likely boils down to the use of a ModDust as the mechanism for drawing the portal sprite, which I can bypass by simply finding the right Draw hook and shoving the sprite into it manually. Not sure which that is offhand, though.

Last edited:
Posting here because why not.

Can I suggest a simple mod from you?
The "Slime mod". Every slime inflicts the "Slime" debuff 100% of the time when they attack you (melee attacks only). Please, I need this in my life.

it would be pretty cool if you could add screenshots of the mod to the thread for people who never played the mod

it would be pretty cool if you could add screenshots of the mod to the thread for people who never played the mod
Well, if you see something somewhere in the world that resembles the thread title graphic, you're sure to already have the basic idea.

• Changed portal to render directly to the screen instead of by way of a Dust particle (should fix glitching and layering).
  • Added town portal opening animation.
  • Town portals now expire after 1 hour.
Next version: A way to create permanent, controllable wormholes between any 2 points, and possibly a mechanic to first need to unlock existing wormholes for use.

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.3.1.zip
    38.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Changed portal to render directly to the screen instead of by way of a Dust particle (should fix glitching and layering).
  • Added town portal opening animation.
  • Town portals now expire after 1 hour.
Next version: A way to create permanent, controllable wormholes between any 2 points, and possibly a mechanic to first need to unlock existing wormholes for use.
Hello hamstar!
First, thank you very much! Your mods are amazing!
Second, something went wrong in my update... here is the log:

Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto. (let me translate this line to english: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
em Terraria.Utils.NextFloat(UnifiedRandom r)
em Utils.SpriteAnimator.ApplyDistortion()
em Utils.SpriteAnimator..ctor(Int32 frame_rate, Int32 frame_count, Texture2D tex, Color color)
em Wormholes.WormholesUI..ctor(Mod mod)
em Wormholes.WormholesMod.Load()
em Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Thanks in advance!

I've been playing on multiplayer on a world for quite a long time now and have explored quite a bit but i've seen no portals yet (about 30 hours in the world atm) is multiplayer bugged? in a singleplayer world i have i have found quite a bit of portals

I've been playing on multiplayer on a world for quite a long time now and have explored quite a bit but i've seen no portals yet (about 30 hours in the world atm) is multiplayer bugged? in a singleplayer world i have i have found quite a bit of portals
Send me your world file and I'll see what's going on. You can try to see if the new version fixes this, also.

Back
Top Bottom