tModLoader Wormholes (and also Scroll of Town Portal)

Any chance for a spellbook of town portal? It's a bit tedious farming books for scrolls after a time...
What if I set the recipe to also use Spellbook Tomes purchasable from the wizard? Also, I could make the recipe craft 3 of these instead of just 1 (but maybe with 3 Recall/Wormhole Potion cost, instead of 1). Would that be reasonable?

What if I set the recipe to also use Spellbook Tomes purchasable from the wizard? Also, I could make the recipe craft 3 of these instead of just 1 (but maybe with 3 Recall/Wormhole Potion cost, instead of 1). Would that be reasonable?
I think keep it one with a normal book and 3 with a spellbook from the wizard.
Sounds cool

I think keep it one with a normal book and 3 with a spellbook from the wizard.
Sounds cool
You buy them for 5g a pop. If anything, I should increase the regular book amount. I'll just leave it 1 each, for now.

Edit:

v1.7.1

• Rebalanced town portal scroll recipe (now produces 3 scrolls, also craftable with spell tomes)

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.7.1.zip
    103.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I think that is perfectly reasonable, though I'd keep the recipe for the scroll for pre-hardmode. It's pretty easy in the early mid game to get your hands on ~10 books, so 1:1 is ok there. By then you should be able to dive a bit into the dungeon too to get even more. It's long term that the books become problematic, if you play a long time in the same world.

I think a good recipe for the town portal book would be 1 town portal scroll, 1 Spellbook Tome from the wizard, and 5 (or 10) Soul of Light. Maybe also 5 sapphire also because, well, blue. This would make it a recipe obviously targeted at some later progression point (not bad since the Wizard is a hardmode NPC anyway).

1:1 for the scrolls isn't bad. 1:3 is more convenient, but I don't know that that's necessary if you add a book recipe.

Last edited:
I think that the wormholes should be creatable not only by town portal scroll and also have configurable points
that way you can create a giant hub for traversing the world anywhere you want
it should be easy with your town portal scroll already enabling creation of a single wormhole to spawn
as an idea - item that lets you choose a specific point on the map that you stand on, and another point of the map that you have seen on the map
I like this idea but isn't this just teleporters without the wire? If this option is added, I think the items used to create portals should have a high up front cost and require a late game material (drop from respawnable boss) for use (like the leaf wand and the living wood wand, except a rarer reagent instead of wood).

I'd like to second the request for an alternative way to destroy portals without using Chaos Bombs. Chaos Bombs are too expensive to craft due mainly to the diamond ingredient requirement.

Also the request for Town Portals to disappear when you go through the town side. Going through the town side back to the dungeon then poofing the portal is the Diablo way. It's more convenient like this because the persistent portal in the home location is terribly inconvenient.

Also, Town Portal is spawning at my game-start spawn location, not my current spawn location. I reset it with a bed... It should generate at the new location next time I summon one, right?

Last edited:
v1.7.2.1
  • Refactored config file usage conventions
  • Refactored debug mode settings
  • Refactored API form
  • Refactored net code to use PacketProtocol
  • Added config settings to adjust Chaos Bomb recipe input and output
  • Altered Chaos Bomb recipe to use 5 Bouncy Bombs, and produce 25 Chaos Bombs
I'd like to second the request for an alternative way to destroy portals without using Chaos Bombs. Chaos Bombs are too expensive to craft due mainly to the diamond ingredient requirement.

Also the request for Town Portals to disappear when you go through the town side. Going through the town side back to the dungeon then poofing the portal is the Diablo way. It's more convenient like this because the persistent portal in the home location is terribly inconvenient.

Also, Town Portal is spawning at my game-start spawn location, not my current spawn location. I reset it with a bed... It should generate at the new location next time I summon one, right?
Altered Chaos Bombs to be cheaper to craft.

Making town portals 1-time use defeats their utility a bit, but I could probably just make them similarly cheaper to craft to compensate. You're right about the nuisance factor, to an extent.

Edit:

v1.8.0
  • Removed contexts; too complex for what I'm trying to do
  • Town portal scrolls now craft in bundles of 5
  • Town portal scrolls are consumed when the exit portal is used (e.g. to return back into the caves from home)

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.7.2.1.zip
    104.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Wormholes v1.8.0.zip
    104.7 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
So I got an issue with the Mod Helpers mod, it shoots me an error message when attempting to reload it which renders the Wormholes mod itself unable to be used w/o the mod. Any help with this?

It does this with the server as well as my client, and I can't think of a possible fix.

Error Message
=============================================================
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListItereator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

So I got an issue with the Mod Helpers mod, it shoots me an error message when attempting to reload it which renders the Wormholes mod itself unable to be used w/o the mod. Any help with this?

It does this with the server as well as my client, and I can't think of a possible fix.

Error Message
=============================================================
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListItereator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)
Can you list your mods and post your full Logs.txt? Also, have you tried restarting the game completely, reloading mods, etc.?

Last edited:
v1.8.1.2
  • Updated for MHv4
v1.8.1
  • Updated to Mod Helpers v2.0.2
  • Restructured Mod override
  • Restructured ModPlayer class a bit
  • Updated player code
  • Added MP player load bug failsafe
v1.8.1.1
  • Minor update for MH PacketProtocol tweak

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.8.1.zip
    75.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Wormholes v1.8.1.1.zip
    75.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Wormholes v1.8.1.2.zip
    76.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Noticing a small graphical error with mods that include movable overlayed interfaces. Specifically, wormholes on the minimap seem to show through other modded HUD elements. A screenshot has been attached depicting this overlay error with the mod Boss Checklist. This is nothing major or gamebreaking- just a slight annoyance is all.

https://imgur.com/a/MDoTqvt
MDoTqvt

MDoTqvt

P.S. Great work with this one, as with all your mods. Would love a config to scale the range at which you hear wormhole sounds!

Noticing a small graphical error with mods that include movable overlayed interfaces. Specifically, wormholes on the minimap seem to show through other modded HUD elements. A screenshot has been attached depicting this overlay error with the mod Boss Checklist. This is nothing major or gamebreaking- just a slight annoyance is all.

https://imgur.com/a/MDoTqvt
MDoTqvt

MDoTqvt

P.S. Great work with this one, as with all your mods. Would love a config to scale the range at which you hear wormhole sounds!
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll get to fix that for a while. Resolving UI layers between mods can be a bit tricky.

If you want to adjust wormhole sound volume, you can try the WormholeSoundVolume setting. It might also adjust the range, but I'm not totally sure.

Hello, I have tried to run a multiplayer server with you mod and we get stuck on receiving tile data, disabling the mod lets us host and play.
Is this a known issue and is there anything we can do about it?

It might be mod incompatibility as we are using a bunch, but if there's a way to prevent this and still keep all our other mods it would be nice
:3

Hello, I have tried to run a multiplayer server with you mod and we get stuck on receiving tile data, disabling the mod lets us host and play.
Is this a known issue and is there anything we can do about it?

It might be mod incompatibility as we are using a bunch, but if there's a way to prevent this and still keep all our other mods it would be nice
:3
Can you tell me if there's anything in Logs.txt reporting what is going on? I'll try to replicate this and see if there's any fixes to apply.

Edit: Also, tell me if you're getting this issue having run Wormholes with a given world for the first time, or else loading an existing world that's had Wormholes running before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom