Worst Game You've Played

Modern Runescape! I put a few years into it and enjoyed it. However the bots kept getting worse, they kept releasing updates that no one wanted, and became greedy. Eventually I gave up and quit right before the combat update. Now it is completely filled with bots and pay-to-win crap.

It really sucked to lose 3 years of work due bad company decisions and bots..

Honestly, I think that a good portion of the games people list here are only there because they get disappointed and/or butthurt at them for various reasons rather than just being flat out bad, leading to an element of irrationality in their lists. I fail to see how Metroid Fusion, Pokemon (any of the main series games, btw), Zelda II or Minecraft could be ever considered to be the worst games ever unless you have played very few games. Especially when hordes of cheaply made, buggy and generally poorly done games exist that are so much worse than them. By chance, a good majority of us here have played at least one terrible licensed title in our history of gaming (even though I avoided them like the plague even as a kid).

The worst game I've played, not counting fangames, would be probably be some random licensed F-1 racing game on the Gameboy that I can't remember at all. Failing that, Super Mario Land 1. Super Mario Land 1 was just terrible and didn't feel like a professionally made game at all; Jumping physics being literal garbage (by far, my biggest problem), dumb style clashes everywhere and what appears to be general laziness from Nintendo's end of things. Of course, terrible fangames and romhacks are worse but I am not talking about those.
However, I've seen worse; Any addictive "game" that is solely rewarding the player every 7 or so seconds (I'm looking at you, Cookie Clicker!) and the CDi Zelda games come to mind here as being worse than SML1.

FN@F series
I mean seriously, WHY do you WANT to play it? For jumpscares? really?
And then it's populairity. Whole DeviantART and Youtube is full of them.
I need to get that day on DeviantART when the game is released and the recent art doesn't have anything FNAF related.
and their community emotes: upload_2015-3-3_13-6-21.png Freaking all of them, Why?
And also youtube with their 'Secrets to skip the night'. Seriously, If you play the game to skip the game, then you're just wasting time.

EDIT: Forgot I'd replied earlier with Habbo Hotel. I take it back,
Nothing will beat Habbo Hotel from my list.

Last edited:
FN@F series
I mean seriously, WHY do you WANT to play it? For jumpscares? really?
And then it's populairity. Whole DeviantART and Youtube is full of them.
I need to get that day on DeviantART when the game is released and the recent art doesn't have anything FNAF related.
and their community emotes:View attachment 33848 Freaking all of them, Why?
And also youtube with their 'Secrets to skip the night'. Seriously, If you play the game to skip the game, then you're just wasting time.
...so your reasoning for it was the jumpscares, and then the popularity which will not actually affect whether the game itself is bad or not?
The jumpscares are somewhat understandable, but the popularity? Really?

It's just that I can't avoid the game without leaving internet forever.
The game's popularity will die down soon enough, and I highly doubt there would be a fourth, especially considering how the game ends...
The murderer dies, and the souls of the children are finally put to rest.("Bad" ending-unlocked by beating the 5th night and Good ending, unlocked by beating all secret minigames)

The new establishment (which has almost all the stuff from the original resturants) burns down, with what little is left sold at an auction.( 3rd Ending-unlocked by beating "Nightmare Mode"-the 6th night)

Last edited:
I've looked through my steam game list, gone through my past to see what games i've played, and i've come down to 1 game (series)
Five Nights at Freddy's.

Okay, so let me explain.
My name on TCF has been Toy Bonnie before, and I have beaten night 6, but that was when the 2nd games was in deeper cover... But now, here are some of the types of people that are in the FNAF community
Emphasis on some. Not all.

1. People who "love" ROBOTS wearing suits.
2.Art that completely blasts out the "scary" part of the game
3. Kids who have never played the game
4. Youtubers who are 20+ who overreact to jumpscares

Its just... why? Its not even that good of a game.... (series)

I've looked through my steam game list, gone through my past to see what games i've played, and i've come down to 1 game (series)
Five Nights at Freddy's.

Okay, so let me explain.
My name on TCF has been Toy Bonnie before, and I have beaten night 6, but that was when the 2nd games was in deeper cover... But now, here are some of the types of people that are in the FNAF community
Emphasis on some. Not all.

1. People who "love" ROBOTS wearing suits.
2.Art that completely blasts out the "scary" part of the game
3. Kids who have never played the game
4. Youtubers who are 20+ who overreact to jumpscares

OH GOOD LORD NOT THIS AGAIN...
Really, how many times has it been explained that the Fanbase shouldn't affect how you feel about the game itself.

OH GOOD LORD NOT THIS AGAIN...
Really, how many times has it been explained that the Fanbase shouldn't affect how you feel about the game itself.

Crazy Dave said:

Also, from personal experience, even though I have beaten through the whole 2nd game, it's just so boring... in fact, probably the most boring I've played in my life. and what do you mean "NOT THIS AGAIN..." should i feel offended?

I take it you haven't played many actually bad games?
No, because I read reviews before buying games.(most reviews of FNAF1 and FNAF2 were good reviews)
Plus, you're making it seem like your opinion is fact. Its not. I don't like the FNAF series, nor its community, nor its games. My opinion.
Oh, and also go take a look at @ppowersteef 's take on the FNAF series.

Last edited:
Every FNaF Fan-Game made. Period. Most of them are like 'Meh. I'll finish it in beta.' A lot of the fan-games I've ever played has terrible dialogue, glitches and bugs and the poorly-made jumpscares and half-characters.

Anyway, as for FNaF, don't judge a game by it's fandom. Sure, jumpscares aren't the best way to scare someone, but the backstory and lore is incredible. So, it's not the game that is the most exciting part, it's making theories/disproving theories etc.

Plus, you're making it seem like your opinion is fact. Its not.
That's my nighttime grumpiness talking, I'm far more assertive at night.

I don't like the FNAF series, nor its community, nor its games. My opinion.
The community of a game or it's popularity shouldn't go down into the scoring of it.
You don't like the games? So be it, your opinion as you've said.

Oh, and also go take a look at @ppowersteef 's take on the FNAF series.

All I had seen of his take on it is "Jumpscares, Overrated."
This can be plainly seen by taking a short scroll upwards.

I underlined it, made it bold, made it red, and italicized it. I said it multiple times. I DO NOT LIKE THESE GAMES.

Anyways, I actually came down to 2 choices the first time i checked all of them(Goat Sim and FNAF)
But Goat Simulator actually has stuff you can do in it besides hold the click button and have massive RNG.
another possible one is Moonbase Alpha, where you can't do anything but walk around without being told what to do... i wasn't expecting to not be informed on how to do anything

Back
Top Bottom