Worst Game You've Played

I don't see how people like undertale anyways.

While I haven't played the game myself (I am going off someone's review here, which is a general consensus of those who played and liked the game); Undertale has something for every type of player, constantly innovates and keeps itself fresh, the story (especially with it being a parody of the "kill em all" mentality most other games have) and a quirky cast of characters.

I think that's more than enough for people to like Undertale.

Alright, everyone, that is enough of the Undertale discussion. It has its own thread if that is what you want to talk about.

People are allowed to say they don't like the game and not have a bunch of people come in and try to convert them. That is even the point of the thread, to say which games you think are the worst.

But the worst you've ever played? Out of every game you've played, can you honestly say that Undertale is the worst?

Sometimes the worst game you have played isn't the most poorly made, but the game you have the worst experience with. Maybe that's the case with Undertale for Suu, is that Suu already didn't like the game, but fans made it worse.

The story and characters, mostly.

I think Undertale is a breath of fresh air from all the "only humans can be good" and "Giant monster or misanthropic villain" type games. But I still don't think people should be hated for not liking it.

Alright, everyone, that is enough of the Undertale discussion. It has its own thread if that is what you want to talk about.

People are allowed to say they don't like the game and not have a bunch of people come in and try to convert them. That is even the point of the thread, to say which games you think are the worst.

Jawohl mein fuhrer!

Ok, worst game I've ever played, hmm... yeah I'm gonna go with Undertale. Undertale is the worst game I've ever played. Followed by about 90% of Nintendo exclusive games and 99% of indie Steam games.

Jawohl mein fuhrer!

Ok, worst game I've ever played, hmm... yeah I'm gonna go with Undertale. Undertale is the worst game I've ever played. Followed by about 90% of Nintendo exclusive games and 99% of indie Steam games.
geez, speak for yourself. you aren't even explaining why it's bad. I mean if you were simply saying it was the worst game you yourself played, fine, but don't speak for a group of people without saying why. :v

also you don't need to say that other people hate a game to justify the fact that you hate it.

Last edited:
Sometimes the worst game you have played isn't the most poorly made, but the game you have the worst experience with. Maybe that's the case with Undertale for Suu, is that Suu already didn't like the game, but fans made it worse.
Well, for me, I can only consider a game to be the worst if it really was the worst experience I've ever had playing it, and the game has no redeeming qualities at all. It would have to be so bad that I can't see why anyone would like it.

Jawohl mein fuhrer!

Forgive me for asking, but I'm just curious. What would you consider to be a good game, and why?

geez, speak for yourself. you aren't even explaining why it's bad. I mean if you were simply saying it was the worst game you yourself played, fine, but don't speak for a group of people without saying why. :v

I am speaking for myself, I always am. Just because I didn't mock the English language by saying "Undertale is the worst game me myself have ever played" doesn't mean I'm not. It just means I'm smarter than your average rock.

so with all that said. I have an interesting case of a 'worst game'.. "fallout 4" I might be cheating on this one, fallout 4 isn't a bad game. it's actually a very good game. BUT as a fallout game to me, it feels very weak. my biggest gripe is the skill system, and how they merged the S.P.E.C.I.A.L., skills, and perks all into one system. I guess the idea was to make leveling up more simple.. but as someone who came into this after playing fallout 3 a few years ago, and being accustomed to an already easy to understand system, it was a bit confusing to me at first. also thus far I haven't really been able to shape a character that I want. I've been trying to make a sarcastic :red: of a character, but I've so far been given the option to be a goody two shoes, or a pouty :red:. not to say it isn't a fun game worth playing, but it definitely could have been a better game in the series.

Forgive me for asking, but I'm just curious. What would you consider to be a good game, and why?

I forgive you. As for a good game, let's see...

Well recently XenoCat introduced me to Stardew Valley, event which cost me 30 hours of my life already. It's a good game.

As to why it is, objectively, that's pretty easy: It's a quality game. It's easy to get into without being dummy-proof, the controls work well, it's not riddled with bugs, gameplay is consistent (offers a lot of content without any of it being pointless), it runs on pretty much any hardware, etc. My only complaints would be that the Fullscreen option seems to actually be Windowed Borderless, while Windowed Borderless is actually just stretched Windowed (doesn't seem to actually support proper fullscreen).

Determining whether a game is good or bad has nothing to do with one liking it. Being good or bad is an objective matter, appealing to one's individual tastes isn't. I don't like The Witcher 3, but I do think it's a good game, largely for the same reasons as Stardew Valley (and also because it's quite an oddity these days: a game that uses dedicated GPU's properly). It just doesn't appeal to me.

Undertale on the other hand is just a big mess of randomness, with no quality in sight.

Last edited:
so with all that said. I have an interesting case of a 'worst game'.. "fallout 4" I might be cheating on this one, fallout 4 isn't a bad game. it's actually a very good game. BUT as a fallout game to me, it feels very weak. my biggest gripe is the skill system, and how they merged the S.P.E.C.I.A.L., skills, and perks all into one system. I guess the idea was to make leveling up more simple.. but as someone who came into this after playing fallout 3 a few years ago, and being accustomed to an already easy to understand system, it was a bit confusing to me at first. also thus far I haven't really been able to shape a character that I want. I've been trying to make a sarcastic :red: of a character, but I've so far been given the option to be a goody two shoes, or a pouty :red:. not to say it isn't a fun game worth playing, but it definitely could have been a better game in the series.

It is a pretty bad game, at least from a technical point of view. Controls took a nose dive and the optimization is bad even by Bethesda standards, which is even worse considering it looks like it was ported from the PS2.

I am speaking for myself, I always am. Just because I didn't mock the English language by saying "Undertale is the worst game me myself have ever played" doesn't mean I'm not. It just means I'm smarter than your average rock.
stop talking about how smart you think you are. what the :red: does your intelligence have to do with your taste in video games? or any form of entertainment for that matter?

This is going downhill fast...

Anyway, my mom went to a thrift store one day and found some very cheap DS and 3DS games and thought I would like them.

They all have mostly negative reviews.

Now, the worst of the bunch, she accidentally dropped in some mud, causing it to not work. So, it's actually the worst game I've never played.
All I really remember about it was that it was some crappy "Rabbids" game.

Hotline Miami 2.

Hotline Miami 1 was a masterpiece, and was one of my favorite games of all time. It had tight controls, challenging gameplay, great level design, and an amazing soundtrack.
Hotline MIami 2 was a complete opposite, well, except for the soundtrack, which was stellar.

Hotline Miami 2 had the mentality that "Bigger is better", when it isn't. Stages in HM2 are significantly larger, and the portions/sections in the stage were also really huge too, meaning that you could spend a solid 15 minutes on a single section, only to get one-tapped by a gunner OFF-SCREEN and have to start that one bit all over again. The story also felt like such a cop-out. I'm not going to spoil it, I'm just gonna say this; The ending is the worst. Absolute worst.

HM2 was too focused on guns, there was at least like 12 guns, but only like 3 melee weapons, while HM1 was great in that all weapon types were heavily supported, meaning you can do some crazy combos with both guns and melee!

Sorry, I just really wish HM2 was good. It genuinely hurts my soul that it isn't. Also it's AI is somehow worse than HM1's.

If you can't be nice, then you shouldn't be posting.
stop talking about how smart you think you are. what the :red: does your intelligence have to do with your taste in video games? or any form of entertainment for that matter?

I'm not talking about how smart I think I am, I'm talking about how stupid I think most other people are. I'm not smart by any means, in fact I'm probably below the average IQ mark. But that still makes me smarter than most of the population, at least from the gaming sector. Fact is, gamers are stupid.

If you were smarter than me you'd either A. Ignore me or B. Prove me wrong. Instead you take the easy path, take it personally, and play the victim role. Boo. Hoo.

Hotline Miami 2 had the mentality that "Bigger is better", when it isn't. Stages in HM2 are significantly larger, and the portions/sections in the stage were also really huge too, meaning that you could spend a solid 15 minutes on a single section, only to get one-tapped by a gunner OFF-SCREEN and have to start that one bit all over again. The story also felt like such a cop-out. I'm not going to spoil it, I'm just gonna say this; The ending is the worst. Absolute worst.

They were also buggy. I had to restart the jungle stages several times because the last enemy would be stuck off-map and I couldn't kill it.

I'm not talking about how smart I think I am, I'm talking about how stupid I think most other people are. I'm not smart by any means, in fact I'm probably below the average IQ mark. But that still makes me smarter than most of the population, at least from the gaming sector. Fact is, gamers are stupid.
Might be the fact that you talk as though you're better than anyone else that makes people think you're actively trying to push the "I'm smart look at me" attitude.

If you were smarter than me you'd either A. Ignore me or B. Prove me wrong. Instead you take the easy path, take it personally, and play the victim role. Boo. Hoo.

They were also buggy. I had to restart the jungle stages several times because the last enemy would be stuck off-map and I couldn't kill it.
well, maybe my ranting was a bit too aggravated
but yes, I do take it a little bit personally. I am "personally" really :red:ing tired of seeing at least 3 comments or statuses a day about how people think they are more intelligent than other people.

sorry for starting the argument at all. though I stand by thinking your points about that are really unneeded....

Might be the fact that you talk as though you're better than anyone else that makes people think you're actively trying to push the "I'm smart look at me" attitude.

I do. And I can't understand why you don't, unless you really think I am better than you. I may not be very smart but I'm not going to pretend I'm dumber than I am just to make others feel better. That seems to be a trend these days, and I just don't get it.

I honestly don't know if most gamers really are stupid or just holding back. But the fact is that makes very little difference in the end.

but yes, I do take it a little bit personally. I am "personally" really :red:ing tired of seeing at least 3 comments or statuses a day about how people think they are more intelligent than other people.

Well you're basically proving us right by getting your panties in a twist about it.

Can we get back on topic before the mods come and blame me for everything again?

Back
Top Bottom