Worst Game You've Played

I like most games I played and don't usually end up playing bad ones, but I got a few pretty awful experiences out there...

Shrek Fairytale Freakdown was by far the worst game I've played. But honorable mentions to stuff like City of Villains, Adventure Quest, Metroid Fusion, Fire Emblem Blazing Sword, Wipeout 64, Zelda 2...

EDIT: I forgot how unpleasant RotMG and League of Legends were to play as well. Good lord. Maybe I was slightly wrong.

I guess I'm just lucky and don't find myself playing a lot of extremely awful games.
are you saying Metroid fusion and Zelda 2 were bad games, or bad ideas for their franchise. personally I think Zelda 2, while deferent, was a good game of itself. good controls and decent graphics for its time. sure, it wasn't a top-down puzzle adventure, it was a good game, just not a Zelda game. Metroid fusion is much the same. good controls, and fun fights, but linear, especially for a Metroid game. once again, a good game, just not as a Metroid game. why do you say they're the worst?

are you saying Metroid fusion and Zelda 2 were bad games, or bad ideas for their franchise. personally I think Zelda 2, while deferent, was a good game of itself. good controls and decent graphics for its time. sure, it wasn't a top-down puzzle adventure, it was a good game, just not a Zelda game. Metroid fusion is much the same. good controls, and fun fights, but linear, especially for a Metroid game. once again, a good game, just not as a Metroid game. why do you say they're the worst?

I agree with this guy. Zelda 2 and Metroid Fusion do not deserve to be on that list.

Zelda 2, I'd say probably bad for its franchise. Fusion, both easily. Zelda 2 I think is just the result of trying something too new too early. Fusion on the other hand is just the result of new, bad ideas put together into something people give a pass because it looks and plays anything like Super Metroid. Which isn't a great way to grade games. And it doesn't really have the excuse of "early experimenting" considering it was released alongside one of if not the best game in the exact same series.

EDIT: Though of course the top 200 was entirely based around the enjoyability of the experience so even if I give Zelda 2 that contextual pass it's not like I find it more enjoyable than... most other games I've played. So, regardless.

Last edited:
Zelda 2, I'd say probably bad for its franchise. Fusion, both easily. Zelda 2 I think is just the result of trying something too new too early. Fusion on the other hand is just the result of new, bad ideas put together into something people give a pass because it looks and plays anything like Super Metroid. Which isn't a great way to grade games. And it doesn't really have the excuse of "early experimenting" considering it was released alongside one of if not the best game in the exact same series.

EDIT: Though of course the top 200 was entirely based around the enjoyability of the experience so even if I give Zelda 2 that contextual pass it's not like I find it more enjoyable than... most other games I've played. So, regardless.
so what exactly didn't ou like about fusion? I enjoyed my playthrough, and was only disappointed in how guiding and linear it was.

The direction of the story, SA-X, the X parasites, the omega metroid at the end, the linearity, the environment, the aesthetic of the game most of the time especially when applied to Ridley X who ended up looking horrible, and the goddamn zombies which have got to be one of the most depressingly stupid things I've seen. Which wasn't helped by them being made to look even worse by the aesthetic choices of the game. The gameplay a lot of times was just kind of a dull hassle, it really showed when dealing with things like Nightmare where it not only just flaunts problems 2D Metroids already had but simply makes them worse.

Bad enemies, bad bosses, bad villain, bad finale, bad atmosphere, bad game structure, bad gameplay, bad support, bad story, bad aesthetic, and ruining things that were fine in non-Fusion games like Nightmare or Ridley. Even if I put it higher on my list I definitely wouldn't be able to put it above another metroid game that I've played.

WarZ. I mean, at least you can have fun breaking Big Rigs.
lol btw what is that animation from?
[DOUBLEPOST=1415470773][/DOUBLEPOST]
The direction of the story, SA-X, the X parasites, the omega metroid at the end, the linearity, the environment, the aesthetic of the game most of the time especially when applied to Ridley X who ended up looking horrible, and the goddamn zombies which have got to be one of the most depressingly stupid things I've seen. Which wasn't helped by them being made to look even worse by the aesthetic choices of the game. The gameplay a lot of times was just kind of a dull hassle, it really showed when dealing with things like Nightmare where it not only just flaunts problems 2D Metroids already had but simply makes them worse.

Bad enemies, bad bosses, bad villain, bad finale, bad atmosphere, bad game structure, bad gameplay, bad support, bad story, bad aesthetic, and ruining things that were fine in non-Fusion games like Nightmare or Ridley. Even if I put it higher on my list I definitely wouldn't be able to put it above another metroid game that I've played.
huh.probably helps that I've never played a 3d Metroid game, only al the 2d (except the original, but i did play zero mission) so I don't have them to compare it to.

lol btw what is that animation from?
[DOUBLEPOST=1415470773][/DOUBLEPOST]
huh.probably helps that I've never played a 3d Metroid game, only al the 2d (except the original, but i did play zero mission) so I don't have them to compare it to.
It's possible that game order influenced my perspective considering I played Fusion after literally every other Metroid short of Zero Mission. I dunno.

Wizard101. Pay-to-win.
Essentially, you have to learn spells by getting cards and fight monsters with spells. But, to access most of the game, you must pay. Real money.
And it's labeled Free-to-Play. Do you see my issue?

Almost (not all) every single FPS game absolutely sucks but besides that,
1: Flappy Bird
This game I hate VERY much not because it's terrible, but because it's terrible and very popular.

2: Realm Of The Mad God
I used to play this game a lot and it was quite good but lately it took a turn to the worse. I think
it was because of Kabam but that's just my opinion.

3: Zelda CDI
The only thing this disgusting thing is useful for is YTPs

I would say TF2 but that's really just my opinion instead of it actually being bad.

Almost (not all) every single FPS game absolutely sucks but besides that,

2: Realm Of The Mad God
I used to play this game a lot and it was quite good but lately it took a turn to the worse. I think
it was because of Kabam but that's just my opinion.

I really quite like ROTMG...........

Back
Top Bottom