Worst Game You've Played

Jump scares are in my opinion the cheapest and worst of all horror elements. Dead Space, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil are all how horror games should be made.... Not pop-in jump scares like FNAF. Granted, it was made by one dude and those are all AAA games.... But people are making it out to be the horror game of the generation when it is absurdly far from it. Watch this:

Of course, that is just my opinion... Whatever your views on the game are, I of course fully respect that. I'm just showing why others and myself do not particularly like the game and call it the worst. People will always have reasons for why they don't like a game, there's no need to fight their opinion and tell them their reasoning is wrong when that's how they feel.

Last edited:
Zelda 2 I can understand people not liking. Its a tough game that refuses to hold your hand at all. But its not terrible or bad at all. Just different. I've played and beaten it multiple times and I enjoy it.

Metroid Fusion I cannot at all understand why people say its a terrible game. Without raising the obvious "Look at that absolute abomination thats named Other M", yeah, I get it, Metroid games aren't meant to be linear. Its as linear as a :red:ing line I'll give you that. It grabs your hand and drags you to the end whether you like it or not. And this is coming from someone who loves the metroid series and honestly hates playing fusion because its everything metroid isn't. There's no exploration, no sense of discovery, and THAT :red:ING COMPUTER I SWEAR TO GOD.

Fusion isn't that bad. Its a decent game with interesting powerups (diffusion missiles how could you not like those?) the SA-X is a very nice well thought out foe and the atmosphere is amazing. The bosses in it are a little lackluster sometimes but the Nightmare fight was awesome imo.

Its just like Zelda 2 is. Its different and its not what you expect from the series. That doesn't mean its bad.

Other M and the original NES Metroid take the cake EASILY for the "worst metroid games ever" title. NES Metroid for the extremely confusing cookie cutter copy pasted rooms, absolutely no sense of direction or progress at all and the absolute lack of powerups and firepower. Seriously you get maybe energy tanks max and like 75 missiles, the ice beam, wave beam screw attack morphball/bombs and thats it.

Anyway, enough ranting about Metroid from me.
The worst game I've ever played would have to be Dark Reign 2. It has a abhorrid story that is nothing like the prequel (well "sequel" because the 2nd game takes place timewise before the first) and ties in with almost nothing from the first game, the unit and structures got completely changed, the map design is uninspired and simple to the point of it being bland,and the engine is glitchy and buggy and the AI is abysmal.

1. super mario 3d land
2. kingdom hearts re:coded.
3. kingdom hearts 358/2 days.
(i actually love the kingdom hearts series, i just dont like these two games, from the feeling of loneliness in 358 to the lack of story importance in re:coded.)

For the Kingdom Hearts games. I have to say. The loneliness was intentional in 358/2 Days as part of the story, and did you actually see all of the story in Re:Coded? I just watched all the remastered stuff on 2.5 Remix. I was literally about to cry, and for me, that's saying a LOT. It all ties in really well to all the games, especially Birth By Sleep, and 358/2 Days. It also set the stage for Dream Drop Distance. Unless they do something monumentally stupid, Kingdom Hearts 3 might be the best game ever IMO.

I've gone through the games multiple times, and I always find some new detail that give ma an "aha!" moment. Something that seems like an inconsequential detail, but actually illuminates something from other games, often yet to be made games. Like in the first Kingdom Hearts I always wondered why certain Heartless had hearts pop out, while others didn't. That's explained in detail in 358/2 Days. Then there was in 358/2 Days where Roxas first goes unconscious for a long time. Xemnas says "the sleep takes you once more my friend". I didn't know what he meant, but Birth By Sleep reveals why.

Sorry for the rant, but other than one detail* in the videos in Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts is one of the most complete stories, and overall enjoyable game series of all time for me. I'll admit that Coded was the worst, but it was originally a cell phone game. They did amazingly well for Re:Coded considering what little they had to work with.

*Data_Riku says that defeated heartless hearts go back to their owners, but the premise of 358/2 Days is that defeated heartless hearts "gather in darkness, master less and free, until they finally weave together, to make Kingdom Hearts!"

For the Kingdom Hearts games. I have to say. The loneliness was intentional in 358/2 Days as part of the story, and did you actually see all of the story in Re:Coded? I just watched all the remastered stuff on 2.5 Remix. I was literally about to cry, and for me, that's saying a LOT. It all ties in really well to all the games, especially Birth By Sleep, and 358/2 Days. It also set the stage for Dream Drop Distance. Unless they do something monumentally stupid, Kingdom Hearts 3 might be the best game ever IMO.

I've gone through the games multiple times, and I always find some new detail that give ma an "aha!" moment. Something that seems like an inconsequential detail, but actually illuminates something from other games, often yet to be made games. Like in the first Kingdom Hearts I always wondered why certain Heartless had hearts pop out, while others didn't. That's explained in detail in 358/2 Days. Then there was in 358/2 Days where Roxas first goes unconscious for a long time. Xemnas says "the sleep takes you once more my friend". I didn't know what he meant, but Birth By Sleep reveals why.

Sorry for the rant, but other than one detail* in the videos in Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts is one of the most complete stories, and overall enjoyable game series of all time for me. I'll admit that Coded was the worst, but it was originally a cell phone game. They did amazingly well for Re:Coded considering what little they had to work with.

*Data_Riku says that defeated heartless hearts go back to their owners, but the premise of 358/2 Days is that defeated heartless hearts "gather in darkness, master less and free, until they finally weave together, to make Kingdom Hearts!"

i agree, and i understand why they made 358 lonely endgame, although they could have added hayner, pence, and olette, since he was in the real twilight town (at least until you completed the game) i mean, your attack button is replaced by a talk button, FOR NO REASON, and it pisses me off so much.
as for re:coded, i appreciate the story, and i could have worded that way better. i mean, an almost-retelling of kingdom hearts 1 and a 30-minute almost-recap of CoM, and all that to not know who was hurting unless you played birth by sleep and 358, and even then, you could think it might not be referring to them. but it still remains my personal opinion that it is of the least importance. i also hated the gameplay because of its (in my opinion) bland leveling up system, wannabe command melding, bland battling, completely unneeded CO almost-recap, random roxas, and horrid cutscenes (in the ds version) correct me if im wrong, but re:coded came out after 358, which had actual character models. not to mention, data-sora grew a heart, according to his keyblade. just watch. none of the characters will give a :red: about data sora. ever. he will just wander in the data worlds calling out "king mickey?" that is the thing i hate the most.

as for 358, i appreciated it greatly. its importance to the story, the gameplay, but the two biggest things that i cant overlook are the panel system and its loneliness endgame. it had amazing graphics for the ds, and its soundtrack makes love to my ears, but those two things i absolutely despise. and then the amount of annoying missions and enemies are just dealbreakers for me.

of course this is just my opinion.

i agree, and i understand why they made 358 lonely endgame, although they could have added hayner, pence, and olette, since he was in the real twilight town (at least until you completed the game) i mean, your attack button is replaced by a talk button, FOR NO REASON, and it pisses me off so much.

I'm pretty sure you run into them during the game on Roxas' "vacation". Wait, you mean how you can't attack in places that aren't actual missions? I think that was more due to limitations on what they were capable of doing with the system at the time.

as for re:coded, i appreciate the story, and i could have worded that way better. i mean, an almost-retelling of kingdom hearts 1 and a 30-minute almost-recap of CoM, and all that to not know who was hurting unless you played birth by sleep and 358, and even then, you could think it might not be referring to them. but it still remains my personal opinion that it is of the least importance. i also hated the gameplay because of its (in my opinion) bland leveling up system, wannabe command melding, bland battling, completely unneeded CO almost-recap, random roxas, and horrid cutscenes (in the ds version) correct me if im wrong, but re:coded came out after 358, which had actual character models.

Um, have you played Dream Drop Distance yet? I'll use spoiler tags. Also, I think Coded came out before 358/2 Days, but after Kingdom Hearts 2. Oh, and Roxas, Axel, Xion Namine, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus are all shown directly to be the people "hurting" in the video available in 2.5 Remix. Remember, they did have to find a way to rebuild a cell phone game, and keep it along it's original story. Then there's the fact that it looks a bit rushed. I'm guessing they had a deadline to meet. Yeah, even then it's still the worst KH game.

Re:Coded in general.
Terra and Ven are mentioned in one Secret Video, as well as the Mark of Mastery. In another, Young Xehanort and Braig are talking around the fallen bodies of many Organization XIII members, just after their hearts had been stolen. It leads into something that "Xigbar" says in Dream Drop Distance. "I'm already half Xehanort".

Data_Sora in particular.
In the Re:Coded Remastered it has Maleficent talk about the "book of prophecies", and how she wants to steal the journal. You also have the memories inside Data_Sora that the real Sora needs to experience. Maleficent tries to steal the journal in Dream Drop Distance, and DiZ gives Riku some data that appears related to those memories. Who knows, Data_Sora and real Sora might have to team up to stop Maleficent.
not to mention, data-sora grew a heart, according to his keyblade. just watch. none of the characters will give a :red: about data sora. ever. he will just wander in the data worlds calling out "king mickey?" that is the thing i hate the most.

Remember, all of his memories were reset. He doesn't know about his adventure. There's also the spoiler above to consider, and Mickey, Donald, and Goofy all seemed to care about Data_Sora. I don't think his story is quite over yet.

as for 358, i appreciated it greatly. its importance to the story, the gameplay, but the two biggest things that i cant overlook are the panel system and its loneliness endgame. it had amazing graphics for the ds, and its soundtrack makes love to my ears, but those two things i absolutely despise. and then the amount of annoying missions and enemies are just dealbreakers for me.

Panel system was annoying, but it wasn't downright terrible. It was mostly frustrating because you had to put your magic and items there. If it had just been things like abilities, and maybe some keyblades, it would probably have been fine. Oh, and their extensive use of recolored enemies was a bit over the top to me.

of course this is just my opinion.

I get that, but I also know how some things can get completely over looked. Also, I feel there are a multitude of games that would fit better as "worst games". ;)

I'm huge KH fan myself obviously. Like I said, I'm still noticing the complexity and intrigue hiding around every corner in these games. I'm hoping they decide to make KH3 for PC, but I doubt it will happen. I'll just have to hope for a really cheap way to get an XBOX One, or a PS4 otherwise.

I'm pretty sure you run into them during the game on Roxas' "vacation". Wait, you mean how you can't attack in places that aren't actual missions? I think that was more due to limitations on what they were capable of doing with the system at the time.

Um, have you played Dream Drop Distance yet? I'll use spoiler tags. Also, I think Coded came out before 358/2 Days, but after Kingdom Hearts 2. Oh, and Roxas, Axel, Xion Namine, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus are all shown directly to be the people "hurting" in the video available in 2.5 Remix. Remember, they did have to find a way to rebuild a cell phone game, and keep it along it's original story. Then there's the fact that it looks a bit rushed. I'm guessing they had a deadline to meet. Yeah, even then it's still the worst KH game.

Re:Coded in general.
Terra and Ven are mentioned in one Secret Video, as well as the Mark of Mastery. In another, Young Xehanort and Braig are talking around the fallen bodies of many Organization XIII members, just after their hearts had been stolen. It leads into something that "Xigbar" says in Dream Drop Distance. "I'm already half Xehanort".

Data_Sora in particular.
In the Re:Coded Remastered it has Maleficent talk about the "book of prophecies", and how she wants to steal the journal. You also have the memories inside Data_Sora that the real Sora needs to experience. Maleficent tries to steal the journal in Dream Drop Distance, and DiZ gives Riku some data that appears related to those memories. Who knows, Data_Sora and real Sora might have to team up to stop Maleficent.

Remember, all of his memories were reset. He doesn't know about his adventure. There's also the spoiler above to consider, and Mickey, Donald, and Goofy all seemed to care about Data_Sora. I don't think his story is quite over yet.

Panel system was annoying, but it wasn't downright terrible. It was mostly frustrating because you had to put your magic and items there. If it had just been things like abilities, and maybe some keyblades, it would probably have been fine. Oh, and their extensive use of recolored enemies was a bit over the top to me.

I get that, but I also know how some things can get completely over looked. Also, I feel there are a multitude of games that would fit better as "worst games". ;)

I'm huge KH fan myself obviously. Like I said, I'm still noticing the complexity and intrigue hiding around every corner in these games. I'm hoping they decide to make KH3 for PC, but I doubt it will happen. I'll just have to hope for a really cheap way to get an XBOX One, or a PS4 otherwise.
it isnt that i dont like 358, i just havent played that many bad games, so it is #3
and i dont have a ps3, so i didnt see the secret movie. in the ds version, they werent showing us the ones who were hurting. i actually replayed these two games when you qutoed me the first time and you are right, i did over look a lot of things. but the main reason i put them on this thread is because i havent played many games i hated.

it isnt that i dont like 358, i just havent played that many bad games, so it is #3
and i dont have a ps3, so i didnt see the secret movie. in the ds version, they werent showing us the ones who were hurting. i actually replayed these two games when you qutoed me the first time and you are right, i did over look a lot of things. but the main reason i put them on this thread is because i havent played many games i hated.

The secret movies are in the DS version, but they are hard to unlock. Try going to youtube and looking for them. They may even have the HD ones from 2.5 remix up too.

If those were on your list as worst, it seems to me that you played like maybe 5 games ever, or you just played most of the best games ever. ;)

Yeah, I had forgotten about it, but I'll change my worst game. Ratchet Deadlocked HD. They ruined it with a bunch of bad graphics glitches, and a sound glitch that gives a horrible screeching sound once you are past the tutorial. It's so bad that I had to get a refund. After that it would be Spider-Man Web of Shadows for the Wii. They went and took out the main reason I wanted the game, the ability to bring in other heroes and villains, and they also made it crash so often as to be nearly unplayable. This crashing was so bad I was worried it would break my system, so I had to return it. All discs had the same problem.

Zombies Monsters Robots.
It's F2P but pay to win.
You can only permanently buy a better gun with the real money currency.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430673829,1430673235][/DOUBLEPOST]I just remembered Microsoft flight.
God.
It was awful.
The controls were buggy, and you only got 2 planes.
The others you had to pay for.

My opiniiiiiiiion
1. Sims
2. Simply because of how boring it got and how fast it got boring (as well as the young fanbase and how overrated it is) Minecraft

Zelda 2 I can understand people not liking. Its a tough game that refuses to hold your hand at all. But its not terrible or bad at all. Just different. I've played and beaten it multiple times and I enjoy it.

Metroid Fusion I cannot at all understand why people say its a terrible game. Without raising the obvious "Look at that absolute abomination thats named Other M", yeah, I get it, Metroid games aren't meant to be linear. Its as linear as a :red:ing line I'll give you that. It grabs your hand and drags you to the end whether you like it or not. And this is coming from someone who loves the metroid series and honestly hates playing fusion because its everything metroid isn't. There's no exploration, no sense of discovery, and THAT :red:ING COMPUTER I SWEAR TO GOD.

Fusion isn't that bad. Its a decent game with interesting powerups (diffusion missiles how could you not like those?) the SA-X is a very nice well thought out foe and the atmosphere is amazing. The bosses in it are a little lackluster sometimes but the Nightmare fight was awesome imo.

Its just like Zelda 2 is. Its different and its not what you expect from the series. That doesn't mean its bad.

Other M and the original NES Metroid take the cake EASILY for the "worst metroid games ever" title. NES Metroid for the extremely confusing cookie cutter copy pasted rooms, absolutely no sense of direction or progress at all and the absolute lack of powerups and firepower. Seriously you get maybe energy tanks max and like 75 missiles, the ice beam, wave beam screw attack morphball/bombs and thats it.

Anyway, enough ranting about Metroid from me.
The worst game I've ever played would have to be Dark Reign 2. It has a abhorrid story that is nothing like the prequel (well "sequel" because the 2nd game takes place timewise before the first) and ties in with almost nothing from the first game, the unit and structures got completely changed, the map design is uninspired and simple to the point of it being bland,and the engine is glitchy and buggy and the AI is abysmal.

It's not a linear factor. The thing is, it is literally the ultimate combination of being "Other M except worse in just about every way" and the feeling of riding off Super Metroid with significantly worse aesthetic choices. The game was designed extremely poorly in a lot of places and left me dealing with the consequences. If a game forces you to deal with consequences of poor design regularly, that's not "a decent game". Especially not at the same time Metroid Prime came out. The nightmare fight was honestly one of the worst boss fights in Metroid I have ever seen, with a lot of the worst boss fights aside from Nightmare *ALSO* being from Fusion. It couldn't do a single damn thing right.

Which is, as I said, disgraceful considering it came after and alongside such successful titles. It's not just "The worst game I have ever played" because it's bad. It's by far one of the worst games I've played because out of the hundreds of games I've played, none of them has been such a profound combination of "New" and "Low quality". MAYBE, just MAYBE, if they...

* Programmed the game properly
* Made it a Metroid game
* Made good design choices
* Had good music
* Didn't make abhorrently lazy and sloppy plot decisions
* Upped the difficulty in a legitimate way, and not by being non-functional
* Threw out the ship and the linearity

Then it would be a passable Metroid game. But as it is, no. No, it really isn't. It's more of a "Mess-troid" than a "Metroid". NES Metroid is pretty low in quality all things considered, but that is a 1980's game that technically worked. Not broken a title that released alongside Metroid Prime. And as much as people whine about Other M, it manages to fix half the problems Fusion had while still being unfortunately similar to something that was a bad idea to begin with.

I really don't get what is hard to understand unless people didn't *ACTUALLY* play Metroid Fusion, or have thick enough nostalgia lenses for the conversation to not actually matter either way.

Simple. What is the most poorly designed game you have ever played?

Mine is "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing"
I mean, it's rated -.- on IGN. That says something.

Also, please avoid arguing and hate on this thread. I can foresee it.
Well there's this abomination...

image.jpg

The Sims: Free play, because it's just like the other Sims games except without everything that made them fun.

Back
Top Bottom