Worst Weapon or item

Why, any weapon can be useless if it's outclassed. A terra blade can be close to worthless in modded endgame.

However, the blowpipe is perhaps the worst, most useless, and most disliked weapon in the game. I don't even bother selling it. It goes straight to my trash if I find one.

Why, any weapon can be useless if it's outclassed. A terra blade can be close to worthless in modded endgame.

However, the blowpipe is perhaps the worst, most useless, and most disliked weapon in the game. I don't even bother selling it. It goes straight to my trash if I find one.
On man, poor Blowpipe. I love it. :dryadsmile: Truly. If I get it early early game I use it like crazy. Ammo is easy to get, and the best of all, it is auto-fire. And that is enormously useful to me, someone who can't aim and dodge at the same time, ha.

For me, the one thing that goes straight to trash is the Breathing Reed.

Wand of Sparking, for certain.

Although.......... copper shortsword....... and don't forget the Shark Tooth Necklace.... or the Shackle.

Breathing Reed for sure, Wand of Sparking is a great weapon. Might have low damage, but it can set things on fire and has a very low mana cost. Hell, it can be used for King Slime

Broken Broadsword.

Wait, we're talking about Terraria? Uh...
Wooden Sword. Wooden bow is way better, has ammunition which is easy to get (Spawn in an ice biome for easy Frostburn Arrows) and the sword is TINY.

Wand of Sparking is meant to be a starter magic-class weapon, I'm surprised people are hating it.

I'd say the worst weapon is the Slime Staff. Sure, it's cute, but face it: Spending a hell of a time grinding for a stupidly-rare weapon that only deals 8 damage(not counting defense and how it blocks your own damage due to enemy invulnerability) is not something worth doing when you could use that time to instead grow stronger enough to acquire an Imp or Hornet Staff and Bee armor.

If the Slime staff were more easily acquirable pre-Eye of Cthulhu or at least a drop from King Slime, it'd have been far more useful. I didn't get my Slime Staff until after I defeated Duke Fishron - and I'm sure there's many others who have never seen a single instance of this weapon.

I'd say the worst weapon is the Slime Staff. Sure, it's cute, but face it: Spending a hell of a time grinding for a stupidly-rare weapon that only deals 8 damage(not counting defense and how it blocks your own damage due to enemy invulnerability) is not something worth doing when you could use that time to instead grow stronger enough to acquire an Imp or Hornet Staff and Bee armor.
I agree that the Slime Staff is more difficult to obtain than it's worth in the early game, but it is surprisingly strong against WoF due to the fact that WoF's eyes have no defense.

I would have to say that the Frost Hydra is pretty bad now. It used to be good before 1.3, but then better sentries were added, so it was only okay, and then the Dungeon Defenders crossover update came, and it was rendered obsolete.

As for something that has always been obsolete, I have something worse than the wooden sword: the copper broadsword. You need to gather 24 pieces of copper, as well as materials for a workbench (10 wood), a furnace (20 stone, 4 wood, 3 torches), and an anvil (15 iron or 50 silver coins) in order to make it, despite the fact that it has inferior stats to the evil wood swords and the cactus sword. The ebonwood sword, which has 20% more attack and a 10% faster swing speed than the copper broadsword, requires only a workbench (10 wood) and 7 ebonwood, which you could get from cutting down one or two ebontrees. The tin broadsword is similarly useless, as is the iron one, which merely matches the ebonwood sword in stats.

Despite being objectively worse, they are harder to obtain, and no one who knows this would ever attempt to acquire one for pragmatic reasons. At least the pearlwood sword is easy to get, and was never intended to be used seriously in the first place. Though the broadswords from lead and up are stronger, they're basically obsolete as well, since you would be better off just killing EoC with an ebonwood bow, and getting Light's Bane instead. Low-tier metal bows and hammers are obsolete for the same reasons as the swords.

Hammers. All hammers before WoF are useless. After WoF hammers are pretty much aesthetic. I go for hammaxes, only so I can toss the hammer and free up a slot.
Ah, hamaxes, yes. The Molten Hamaxe is really good, offering as much hammering speed as the Chlorophyte Jackhammer (if you account for the fact that the Jackhammer can't acquire speed increasing prefixes), along with strong axe power.

In fact, the Jackhammer is another one of the worst items in my book, considering it requires the same crafting materials as the Chlorophyte Warhammer, despite being slower to break walls, and not being able to acquire speed boosting modifiers. You don't really need a new hammer around Plantera, and the Spectre gear is much better.

The Flintlock Pistol. It's unlocked at the same time as the Minishark, but is a lot less powerful, and, in Crimson Worlds, it's barely an upgrade over the Undertaker, and the latter at least is less affected by armor. The result is that it's better to just save up the 5 Gold needed to buy it in order to buy the Megashark instead.

Back
Top Bottom