Worst Weapon or item

Palm wood is actually available pretty close to spawn in most worlds because of the oasis biome, but even then you might as well just get cactus instead.

But the shotbow fires out 2-4 arrows each shot, resulting in more damage
U mean 2-3, Clorophyte shotbow got nerfed in 1.4 and now only shoots 2-3 arrows instead of 2-4
Also clorophyte shotbow has lower stats in general the dmg of palladium repeater, speed of adamantite repeater, and other stats of oriculm and mythril ones, hallowed repeater is like small upgrade of star cannon(altho super star shooter is peferred) better stats in everywhere except speed and crit chance and there are the easy to get totally not grindable arrows.

Man, the endgame in 1.1 was so weird. You ended up just grinding the mech bosses and trying to find Adamantite for hours on end, and there were exactly two “endgame” weapons that were at all worthwhile: magical harp and megashark.
This brings me back. I remember joining public servers back then and before the world even properly loaded you could already hear the ear piercing sound of everyone spamming their magic harps lol.

Getting back on topic, some items that haven't been mentioned yet are the early hardmode yoyos. Format:C, Gradient and Chik to be exact. They seem to be completely outclassed by the stronger and more readily available Hel-Fire and Amarok. Considering the former three are all One Drop Yoyo models, maybe they had to be included in the game because of some sort of contract and the devs didn't really know where to put them? This is just speculation.

I guess a similar argument could be made with the Amazon and all weaker prehardmode yoyos, but the Amazon is kind of a pain to craft early in the game while you're almost guarenteed to get Hel-Fire or Amarok while looking for souls (from my experience at least).

U mean 2-3, Clorophyte shotbow got nerfed in 1.4 and now only shoots 2-3 arrows instead of 2-4
Also clorophyte shotbow has lower stats in general the dmg of palladium repeater, speed of adamantite repeater, and other stats of oriculm and mythril ones, hallowed repeater is like small upgrade of star cannon(altho super star shooter is peferred) better stats in everywhere except speed and crit chance and there are the easy to get totally not grindable arrows.
oh i play on console soooooo...

Ah yes my mistake, even with 2 arrows, that's double the base damage already, so with 2-3 arrows it deals on average 2.5 times more damage than it's stated stat. Hallowed may be a bit faster, but again it only shoots a single shot and has a lower overall DPS

bloody machete is pretty bad but depends on what time you either start playing or do another play through otherwise i dont like it

Light’s bane is even worse. Less range and damage.
okay i agree with that but i dont think i've truly used that sword the only time i used it was when i first found out bout' it YEARS ago and doesn't it make a greater weapon that gets upgraded again?

okay i agree with that but i dont think i've truly used that sword the only time i used it was when i first found out bout' it YEARS ago and doesn't it make a greater weapon that gets upgraded again?
Yeah, but there’s also the Blood Lust Cluster, which also works

Shooting 2-3 arrows instead of 1 is an extremly powerful advantage, especially when you add on the ammo's damage.

With ichor arrows for example the base dps are
hallowed repeater: 259dps
chlorophyte shotbow: 368dps

Being used to make a better weapon doesn't make the current weapon any better, I judge weapons by thier ability to deal damage, or serve some other combat utility. I don't give weapons points for sitting in a chest for hours doing nothing.

Yeah, but there’s also the Blood Lust Cluster, which also works
haven't used that either since it was released in fact i don't even really remember what that IS to be honest

Being used to make a better weapon doesn't make the current weapon any better, I judge weapons by thier ability to deal damage, or serve some other combat utility. I don't give weapons points for sitting in a chest for hours doing nothing.

aight didn't realize that didn't count but yes i definitely agree

it would have to be banners for me. I do like collecting them, but having your inventory flooded by them all the time isn't fun. Usually just throw them in the trash.

Back
Top Bottom