Worst Weapon or item

If combined with the Titan Glove or any upgrade for knockback (something you should have), Fetid Baghnakhs can be used quite well to mow through enemies without having to pay so much attention to spacing, because you deal the perfect amount of knockback to keep almost anything either in the blades or just outside of them. Many enemies will get torn apart by running in their direction while swinging the claws, and although you would never even think about using it for bosses in any situation (even Plantera) it definitely still holds its own against common enemies.

That might just be a close ranged shredder bias kicking in however, because I hold the same opinion for Psycho Knife, and for Starlight even though it was actually buffed because people considered it too weak.
The issue with using them in crowd control is that in crowd control more range = more dps. If I have jesters arrows I can hit a whole line of enenemies at once while with the bangheds I'd have to use the knockback to cluster them up. Not to mention if there are any shooters in the crowd you can't distrubt them as quickly.

I’ll keep Flying Knife in mind as an option for the future, it does seem more popular than I give it credit for, but I absolutely don’t see myself using it over Shadowflame Knives for the mechs.
It's not a mech weapon, it can do alright against destroyer, but it really shines everywhere else, caves, pirate invasion, and can even do well in the hardmode dungeon.
I think the shadowflame knife is overrated. Its really the only melee weapon thats good for twins and skele prime however compared to many ranged and magic weapons its pretty average.

Personally, I would say the Wand of Sparking. Not only is it one of the worst weapons in very early pre-hardmode, it might be the worst weapon overall.

Personally, I would say the Wand of Sparking. Not only is it one of the worst weapons in very early pre-hardmode, it might be the worst weapon overall.
!?
it got a buff in 1.4,making it much more viable and better compared to the first tier of gem staves which have no piercing whatsoever.And plus,if the enmies are close enough, it can pierce once,making it only slightly worser than the second and last tier of gem staves.then come the DOT, which makes it even better.

!?
it got a buff in 1.4,making it much more viable and better compared to the first tier of gem staves which have no piercing whatsoever.And plus,if the enmies are close enough, it can pierce once,making it only slightly worser than the second and last tier of gem staves.then come the DOT, which makes it even better.

Wand of Sparking’s damage output is good - for a wood chest weapon, but it takes a *severe* hit in having zero knockback in the part of the game where knockback is the most important.

The issue with using them in crowd control is that in crowd control more range = more dps. If I have jesters arrows I can hit a whole line of enenemies at once while with the bangheds I'd have to use the knockback to cluster them up. Not to mention if there are any shooters in the crowd you can't distrubt them as quickly.

What I meant is that they prosper the most *outside* of combat. Almost all non-invasion enemies get ripped apart in seconds by dashing at them with the weapon in hand, and almost nothing can escape or survive the weapon’s use time of 8 and almost a thousand DPS. It’s the melee weapon for tearing apart common mobs in the underground evil and hallow (even against enemies like ichor stickers), or for instantly deleting problem enemies like Angry Trappers, which is a bigger niche than a lot of people give it credit for.

And I’m also surprised about how low a lot of people think of shadowflame knives. They’ve always been a quintessential melee weapon for both Queen Slime and all three mechs in my experience, and their DPS may be lower than ranged or mage options, but that’s a flaw with melee in general, and it’s still surprisingly high for a melee weapon with as much range as it.

I’d rate the top 5 melee premech weapons as
1/2: Shadowflame Knives and Drippler Crippler, interchangeably. The knives for middling to strong single targets like biome mimics or any mechs, the Crippler for anything weak enough to get killed in one throw or for hordes of enemies.
3: Chain Guillotines, pretty good after their buff of more than 25% damage and is the best melee weapon to use on Duke Fishron premech or second phase Queen Slime.
4: Fetid Baghs, for the reasons listed above
5: Amarok or Gradient, really whichever you get first. Gradient has a significant damage per hit advantage and Amarok is higher in every other stat.

Wand of Sparking’s damage output is good - for a wood chest weapon, but it takes a *severe* hit in having zero knockback in the part of the game where knockback is the most important.
true, but let's compare it to other wooden chest weapons
hmmm
spear: can pierce okay, good knockback
blowpipe: cheap but easily running out ammo,but average knock back and meh damage compared to WAS
wood boomerang: meh kb but bad damage
so yeah,for the first few weeks, the WAS is kind of good,and you don't need knockback,even now.

true, but let's compare it to other wooden chest weapons
hmmm
spear: can pierce okay, good knockback
blowpipe: cheap but easily running out ammo,but average knock back and meh damage compared to WAS
wood boomerang: meh kb but bad damage
so yeah,for the first few weeks, the WAS is kind of good,and you don't need knockback,even now.

I never denied that it has good damage output. 14 damage, 14% crit and On Fire is exactly what it sounds like.

But at the very beginning of the game, you do actually need knockback. Even if it’s a stat you can neglect for the entire rest of the game. Many enemies will outpace you early in the game and not being able to get Cave Bats and Demon Eyes off of you is a *massive* downside.

Bruh wand of sparking is my favorite mage weapon. It got a buff and the On Fire debuff is always nice early game, and have you ever used a copper broadsword or tin shortsword? They both are some of the worst weapons ever. You will never make either cuz copper is for the shortsword and tin just sucks in general. But yes, give it at least a little knockback to keep those enemies away. I will be happy with 1 knockback.

Nah. Damage is terrible, speed is way too slow.
Removing walls with It is annoying. It's generally terrible.

At least it does remove walls. Plus this is based on usefulness, not overall suckiness. I think that the copper broadsword sucks the most. Not only does it have terrible stats, who is going to craft it when top tier pre eye weapons are already available? At least the wooden sword is easy to get. But under no circumstances will anyone craft a copper broadsword. Most of the copper ever mined is probably going to be used for the shortsword anyway. The same goes for the tin shortsword. Tin is just never going to be used. But lemme get something straight. The copper broadsword is worse only because of the fact that you WILL get copper for the shortsword. And at least the hammer will be used for a little to remove walls.

there's a maybe chance becuaseyou're only going to use copper for zenith,and maybe only once,becuase then you'll remeber that you need the copper shorty for later and store it somewhere safe.

I mean, if someone gives it to you (Let's say you are a noob) then yes it can ruin the game experience but I mean, you are kinda supposed to have it at the end game so unless you have a friend who gives you the zenith which ruins the game for you, it is not so bad. PS, why not make other zenith weapons. Imagine a zenith gun like the one gameraiders used. That would be awesome.

any wooden sword the damage and range is next to nothing and is acutely worse than your copper short sword you get at the start at least in dps I would rather go for a wooden chest weapon as a starter weapon than a wooden sword

Titanium and adamantite picks, they literally accomplish nothing that mythril or orichalcum picks don't.

Back
Top Bottom