Game Mechanics Would be great to be able to catch and display enemies?

breadbin

Terrarian
Was just thinking to myself wouldn't it be great if you were able to hunt down and catch enemies as well as the likes of fish and critters. I mean like i would love to have a huge building in my world with a cage with lets say a Red Devil in there and down the corridor have a signpost outside a smaller cage which reads "The Eater of Souls - Keep him well fed so you can keep yours!!!" outside a cage of an eater of souls. The cages could be Terrariums (Terraria??) or they could be different depending on the enemy. Some cages could be electrified, filled with serous fluid (test tube sort of things), and maybe for the likes of the Big Boned they could be shackled around the legs and arms etc. I think that would be fantastic!

I also want to suggest a breeding mechanic in the game where let's say you catch a Red Devil and he turns out to be male, you have to catch a female of the species in order to make your own pets. I know it seems a bit Pokemonesque but i actually never played Pokemon, but your pet could travel with you and they could fight alongside you? I never was into Pokemon but I love games with the 'hoarding' mechanic in there and collecting huge quantities of things Dragon Quest etc. I know I can collect the banners of the enemies which is great too!! When I think of it Terraria is a hoarders dream!!

While this is a neat concept, it could be simpler.

A terrarium/cage for displaying enemies or a painting that displays enemies would be ideal.

Paintings would be ok but not too much different to the banners. I would prefer to see the actual enemy jumping around in a cage or somthing! Imagine a Medusa giving you the eye as you walked past the cage!

Some sort of stun gun and net might work? Stun the enemy first with the tazer and he drops to the ground. Then select a net on the hotbar and try catch him. Obviously there should be a percentage that it won't be caught depending on the enemy. And maybe different strategy for water enemies. Tranquilizer darts or blow pipe would be cool.

or even make a trap with some pressure plates and some sort of door

Back
Top Bottom