Mobile Would taking items from a new Expert world be cheating?

ericcraft

Official Terrarian
I started playing Terraria a few weeks ago, and I was wondering if I could make a new Expert world, bring a few boss-summoning items over, and defeat them.
Then I would bring the Expert-only items back to my main world.

I was just wondering, would that be considered cheating?

The only "cheating" in Terraria is outright abusing things that aren't supposed to exist, or in other words using glitches and bugs. Otherwise, there are no rules for how you should play - being able to gather items from multiple worlds is an intended mechanic considering not every item can generate in every world, so it is most definitely not cheating. But if you feel wrong doing it, then you don't have to do it - you set your own rules.

I just wanted to know if that widely would be considered cheating- not just a response of "Oh, it's a sandbox game, play by your own rules".

For example, using item servers or Journey Mode would definitely be cheating.

...How would that be considered cheating though? And what do you not like about playing by your own rules? There are no written rules in terraria - try-hards will tell you to play only a specific class, casuals will tell you to just enjoy the game the way you want to; the entire point of sandbox games is that you can do pretty much anything with the tools the game gives you, and if you let other people restrict you, then it isn't really a sandbox game anymore. And not only is it a sandbox game, it is (for the most part) a single-player sandbox game. What other players consider cheating shouldn't be any of your problems unless you're playing with friends that are not okay with certain playstyles.

Besides, I actually gave you the answer as to what is widely considered as cheating - abusing bugs and glitches. If it's a game mechanic that works as intended by the developers, it is not cheating. (Unless it's an in-game cheat console, which terraria doesn't have)

If anyone tells you it’s cheating, a simple rebuttal would be “if it’s cheating, then why does the game allow me to do it?”
As narrow minded as that sounds, the game literally allows you to do it. Playing by the rules isn’t cheating it’s just that—playing by the rules.

Back
Top Bottom