Would you change the graphics in Terraria?

Would you change the graphics in Terraria?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No!

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

ArmyFrog

Plantera
Would you change the visual graphics in Terraria? I'm not talking about textures, just the style of visuals.

If so, what do you not like about them? What would you want to change them to?

If not, why do you like about them?

I personally LOVE the graphics in the game. It gives a retro feel to the game, and it really shows how much you can do in a game like this. There is really nothing else I can say.

Try swirly pink and purple. It works, I swear!

No, cancel that. I'd not change much. More consistency in outline colors would be nice but other than that… fine as is.

think personally the terraria graphics are good, bu red might have not thought of how far the game would run and I feel as though sometimes it somehow restricts it a little, and I am a big fan of the otherworld graphics, as are more flowing and natural, as well as realistic. So if I could change the graphics, it would be to make them look more like otherworld

I really love Terriaria's aesthetics and don't really like overworlds from the pictures I have seen. Terraira has that retro yet detailed design that looks really good. realism is something that I honestly feel gets in the way for games like Terraria. In general people put WAY too much interest on "realistic" graphics which typically exist in that unnerving realm known as the uncanny valley. Where as designs like Terraria which says away from that zone and focuses on awesome game play instead :)

I really like the graphics of Terraria overall so I would not change them. Especially with how much better they've gotten with the 1.2 and 1.3 updates. They just give off the feeling of making the Terraria World very vibrant and interesting.

From being born in the 90s and growing up with playing many Atari games along with Windows 95/98 era games, graphics have never been important when determining what makes a great game or not. I enjoy the feel of games with retro graphics overall as there is something very charming about them. Especially with Terraria being a modern game and having retro-feel graphics.

I actually think it becomes a problem when developers try to make their game graphics too realistic. Because it seems to put more emphasis on trying to make the game look "cool and realistic" than focusing on the gameplay which is the important part like Dragrath said. I don't play games because I want "realism" I'm trying to get away from "realism" when I play games, I don't want to be reminded of the World I actually live in. In a World such as Terraria I can be a Winged Shrine Maiden Warrior/Mage and build myself a Fortress, hell even a Floating Fortress for that matter. And in reality I can't do any of that. Terraria's graphics help me visualize a more fun World and realistic graphics wouldn't give as much of the same feeling.

I'm not very certain how I feel about Terraria Otherworld's Graphics, but I expect as long as I enjoy the gameplay of that game, the graphics will grow on me as well.

Not sure what you mean by style of visuals... especially since you mark textures off the list, which is part of graphics even if just a mesh or skin that is wrapped over a model.

Would I want it to be in 3D or similar, probably not. Terraria is terraria. It is what it is. I am not overly concerned with graphics in general. Would I like to see a 3D or similar version of this game, maybe. But to change the current one is finished and staying; so it is fine the way it is. Lots can be added to it, and already has.

What interests me most is story & entertainment value. Story would be the obvious one, and since Terraria doesn't have much directly as a story... It makes up with hints and overall environment telling the story for it. It is up to the player to decide and lead the story in a way. Entertainment value just means is there something for myself to do in the game that I would enjoy doing.

Since this game offers a lot to do, it makes it easier to be entertained by it. Main thing is the building aspect which I play around with mostly. So changing graphics in any way beyond touchups would seem off for this installment of the game. The art style looks fine. The game play is pretty open, and has many things to enjoy or attempt enjoying, and has an environment to flesh out the world making it pretty lively. I am one that doesn't focus on min/max type of thing, and does my own thing; noting the building aspect. For me that prolongs the game even further since I take my time throughout the game when playing single player. Multiplayer is different matter.

So no, keep it the way it is, and maybe have minor adjustments where needed in the graphics. :dryadsmile:

If i could, then i would make it like in the console version trailer, it's 2.5D but it has beautiful parallax.

I love the style of the graphic and I spend so many time on the game as it would difficult for to accept new sprite.
I've Starbound and even it's as good graphic I prefer Terraria style.
I will see with Otherworld ;)

Visual style, no. Even though I do think otherworld looks better, the main game looks pretty good as it is. Of course there are a few things that I would kind of like to see changed (like the Blade of Grass sprite, it really needs to have its old 1.1 design but updated IMO), but those are pretty minor things.

Back
Top Bottom