OOC Writings on the Walls: An Urban Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibithia Σ

Plantera
The basic structure and plot frame of this RP will be established first. Any future additions can be discussed here, and will be edited in.

Jan 24: Added Edit Log, RP Main Theme
Jan 24 (cont.): Added specifics to suggestion rules and type of theme.
Jan 28: First poll started, main theme changed.

The year is 2019.

A large information leak from several ex-GRU members (who have been recently terminated) resulted in the masses learning about the existence of magic and the entities that come along with it.
Currently, there's two main choices that are being debated as of now: either push back the newly discovered as invaders, protecting what we currently have, or try our best to integrate our current society with the newcomers.

But while that happens in the background, those in support of either are already doing their work to push their ideals.
ARES Corps, a major supplier of many of Europe's security services, is at work "containing" these new and unknown forces, while the recently founded SCAR Industries is trying their best to develop technologies to better allow both sides to get closer, and the forces to repel their opponents.

Of course, these two aren't the only ones in this fantastical arms race, as more will get involved. As for which side prevails, it's all in the air. And while the possibility of worse happening isn't fully clear, the writing's on the wall.

Name:
Aliases:
Allegiances (pro-magic or anti-magic):
Appearance (Pictures or Description):
Species:
Personality:
Equipment/Weapons:
Abilities (usually magic):
Quirks/Strengths (non-magic):
Flaws:
Theme (optional) [song]:

Feel free to discuss possible additions in this thread, the IC will be posted when we're ready.
I will only shut down an idea if it breaks forum rules, or I feel it would be way too detrimental to the RP.

Last edited:
That may not be the best theme from a James Bond movie, but it certainly isn't the worst. So good choice of theme.

Oh, and as for the actual RP, does this take place on normal Earth?

Not very much, actually.
The only real difference I can think of is "bullets do much less damage to people" but that's just to prevent "guy comes in with MP5 and blows everybodys legs off."

I'd like to say this now:
I hope this RP goes somewhere, because this is one of the last hopes I have in this site, and I don't want to just do nothing but Aftermath Adventures here.

Name: Admiral Vance
Aliases: Vance Wentworth, Vance
Allegiances (pro-magic or anti-magic): Anti-Magic
Appearance (Pictures or Description): A large, barrel chested, heavily tanned man, Vance usually wears his old, navy blue admiral’s suit from his days of ruling the rebellion. He has a scar across his left eye, and he‘s blind in it. His hair is a deep red colour
Species: Human
Personality: Dangerous and commanding
Equipment/Weapons: .45 ACP M1911 with a few magazines of ammunition, as well as an M4 Carbine rifle and a Serbu BFG-50 single shot bolt-action sniper rifle
Abilities (usually magic): None
Quirks/Strengths (non-magic): Has a really good aim and does slightly more damage with sniper rifles (5% more overall damage)
Flaws: Horrible PTSD, limps, is generally slow
Theme (optional): From FTL Multiverse, so I would say Future

Being able to tell if someone is lying, and being more convincing then average (Either charmspeak as a magical ability or just plain being convincing as a strength).

I might go ahead and join this, if I need a new character, I can just use something like heroforge to make.

although I have 2 questions, for starters, are the pro-magics and anti-magics on separate sides (being enemies with each other) or is it mainly based
on their opinion on magic

and then next, What species are allowed..?

Last edited:
Well, we could have it so there’s some kind of lab or facility where the magic is contained, and the magical creatures get out, and there’s a giant explosion that spreads magic everywhere

Also, are romantic relationships allowed?
Yeah, this isn't :red:ing China.

I might go ahead and join this, if I need a new character, I can just use something like heroforge to make.

although I have 2 questions, for starters, are the pro-magics and anti-magics on separate sides (being enemies with each other) or is it mainly based
on their opinion on magic

and then next, What species are allowed..?
They're on opposite sides, and I chose this setting to allow for basically any species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom