NPCs & Enemies Wyvern Aesthetic Changes (Now with a Wyvern Wings Texture Pack!)

(Vote after reading through the suggestion.) What do you think?

• Very entertaining. I enjoyed all of it!

Votes: 63 55.3%
  • You tried too hard. That was uncomfortable and ridiculous.

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • I want to see Wyverns changed. I like the new sprite better!

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • I want to see Wyverns changed, if only to get Wyvern Wings.

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Gimme those Wyvern Wings! I must have them!

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • I don't care for any of this. What a waste of time.

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
The wings are a bit too feathery for my tastes, but I like where you're going.
Finally somebody understands the differences between Wyverns.
My MonsterHunter knowledge just calls it an Elder Dragon.

Plus I think it'd be really cool if the Wyvern's Wings (the mob, not the item) flapped as it moved about. But that's just me. :p

But that would ruin my
BWSprite.png
No, but seriously, maximum support. This has been bothering me for a while.

No no no! You guy's don't understand! The Wyvern isn't an actual wyvern at all! It is a direct reference of Haku from Spirited Away! Adding wings would ruin it. They are NOT supposed to have wings, and they are NOT supposed to have one pair of legs.

Last edited:
No no no! You guy's don't understand! The Wyvern isn't an actual wyvern at all! It is a direct reference of Haku from Spirited Away! Adding wings would ruin it. They are NOT supposed to have wings, and they are NOT supposed to have one pair of legs.
I don't think most people don't get that, but just for the sake of clarity, Wyverns (as a species) ARE, TOTALLY, ABSOLUTELY, supposed to have both of those things as well as a stinger in their tail.

I don't think most people don't get that, but just for the sake of clarity, Wyverns (as a species) ARE, TOTALLY, ABSOLUTELY, supposed to have both of those things as well as a stinger in their tail.
Just because something is named a different thing, dosen't mean they are necessarily that thing. I have a friend named Crane, and do you think he's a crane?

Just because something is named a different thing, dosen't mean they are necessarily that thing. I have a friend named Crane, and do you think he's a crane?
I want traditional wyverns added to Terraria because it would be cool.
I want traditional wyverns added to Terraria because fighting them would be cool.
I want traditional wyverns added to Terraria because using their drops to craft their wings would be cool.
And finally, I want traditional wyverns added to Terraria because stealing their eggs (rare drop) and using their children as mounts would be cool.

Nothing to do with just the name. All of those reasons are why I feel that way.

I think I said this, but just rename it to "Wyrm". Which is an alternate word for " dragon" this would make the name less specific, since even European dragons are sometimes depicted to be serpentine.

I think I said this, but just rename it to "Wyrm". Which is an alternate word for " dragon" this would make the name less specific, since even European dragons are sometimes depicted to be serpentine.
Or we could just forget about this thread, keep everything the same, and move on with our lives.

For me really the important thing is that the actual thing is added, whether this thing has its name or more changed or not. As I said, I want to fight them, kill them, have their draconic wings on my back, and ride their children around as mounts. Even if a Wyvern isn't a true dragon and more like a dragon's neanderthal cousin, I don't think you'd care all that much when flying around on one.

More awesome monsters to slay is always welcome by me. Though I'd have to wonder how them as an enemy would actually work in Terraria. I wouldn't want them basically being glorified super hornets. Something more like the AI of the Queen Bee, where it flies around charging and occasionally shoots a group of stingers at you, might work. Hell, maybe even make it so there is a chance one of these will appear instead of the typical 'Wyvern' could work. I don't know. All I know is, I want it to happen somehow.

For me really the important thing is that the actual thing is added, whether this thing has its name or more changed or not. As I said, I want to fight them, kill them, have their draconic wings on my back, and ride their children around as mounts. Even if a Wyvern isn't a true dragon and more like a dragon's neanderthal cousin, I don't think you'd care all that much when flying around on one.

More awesome monsters to slay is always welcome by me. Though I'd have to wonder how them as an enemy would actually work in Terraria. I wouldn't want them basically being glorified super hornets. Something more like the AI of the Queen Bee, where it flies around charging and occasionally shoots a group of stingers at you, might work. Hell, maybe even make it so there is a chance one of these will appear instead of the typical 'Wyvern' could work. I don't know. All I know is, I want it to happen somehow.

If anything, what you described should be something like a full fledged boss.

If anything, what you described should be something like a full fledged boss.
Naw man, that would be reserved for actual dragons. Wyverns are like that big leap into dragonslaying territory; They don't have breath weapons, they're a little stupid, and anyone with a brain can probably avoid getting stung and injected with their powerful poison.

Having said that, yes that thought has crossed my mind. The Queen Bee doesn't have a Hardmode version, which brings 2 points to that kind of idea:
1. Hardmode versions don't have to be mechanical
2. The spirit of the thing is pretty close, ie "Big flying monster with a stinger" the difference being one is a massive insect, the other a big winged reptile.

This is nice, it's been bugging me how they aren't really wyverns at all. We would also need to change the Arch Wyvern too though, as they aren't wyverns either.

This is nice, it's been bugging me how they aren't really wyverns at all. We would also need to change the Arch Wyvern too though, as they aren't wyverns either.
(Or maybe the arch wyverns just should have never existed in the first place, y u make content only for consoles that doesn't even fit the game 505!?) Wings on an arch wyvern could actually look pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom