NPCs & Enemies Wyverns should not go through walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atreedee

Terrarian
Because it's annoying , it doesn't let you build a house in the sky or on a floating island and doesn't even make sense , it's not a worm .

Last edited:
It's already a pathetic enough of an enemy with a very-simple-to-dodge-and-exploit pattern. Make this change and the sky will be a cake-walk.

With that, I say no support.

Last edited:
It's already a pathetic enough of an enemy with a very-simple-to-dodge-and-exploit pattern. Make this change and the sky will be a cake-walk.

With that, I say no support.
U won't be able to dodge it when u are at your sky house ..

U won't be able to dodge it when u are at your sky house ..
Simple, build them on the ground. Besides, as long as you have 4 NPCs or so nearby, no hostile spawn barring blood moon. It's just one mob that can clip through blocks, for sky's sakes. If you get ambushed often, build a quick escape mechanism in your house.

This is just like people saying wraiths and reapers shouldn't clip because they have a house on the ground, when the solution is simple.

badidea.gif

If they bother you, just don't build a house there OR build a house there with enough npc's nearby OR keep the world in easy mode.

No. This would make wyverns too easy. Just hide behind a wall and poke a hole in it, and you can shoot it to death. It wouldn't even be able to hurt you.
That's not a new thing .. u can kill almost any other enemy like that ..

Simple, build them on the ground. Besides, as long as you have 4 NPCs or so nearby, no hostile spawn barring blood moon. It's just one mob that can clip through blocks, for sky's sakes. If you get ambushed often, build a quick escape mechanism in your house.
This is just like people saying wraiths and reapers shouldn't clip because they have a house on the ground, when the solution is simple.
So if i am crafting something or hanging in the home for any other reason i have to escape everytime a see a wraith/reaper/wyvern and get back again .. then another wraith/reaper/wyvern spawn then i escape again ? ain't that sound annoying ?
[DOUBLEPOST=1419170890][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very true, but tell me, would you want every single enemy in the game to be so easily exploitable like that?
No , just wyverns ..
[DOUBLEPOST=1419170943][/DOUBLEPOST]
Indeed. So why add yet another enemy to that long list?
Because they prevent u from living at a sky house .

Because they prevent u from living at a sky house .
They don't. My first base had a spawn at exactly a screen below the top limit. I've never seen a single Wyvern just by setting some NPCs with me. Do the same, and you'll find it to be no problem.

Wyvern is a mini boss. They are already extremely easy, and if you cannot handle it, don't go into the skies or don't play HM...

So if i am crafting something or hanging in the home for any other reason i have to escape everytime a see a wraith/reaper/wyvern and get back again .. then another wraith/reaper/wyvern spawn then i escape again ? ain't that sound annoying ?
Annoying for some, undoubtly. For me it was a nice challenge, building a home that is 100% safe for me and all my npc's. And part of my home is also way up in the sky.
The game is already very easy (not counting bosses and events). It doesn't need to be made easier so even my dog could play it.

They don't. My first base had a spawn at exactly a screen below the top limit. I've never seen a single Wyvern just by setting some NPCs with me. Do the same, and you'll find it to be no problem.
Ah i didn't know nor notice that before .. thanks for the info .
and lock the topic please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom