• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Wyvern's Vanilla Tweaks Pack v1.0

Wyvernarian

Skeletron Prime
Hey, Hello and Welcome dear Terrarians,

I think it's about time we make a few edits around here for the unloved, old and outdated features in our game, as well as add a few things that just fit right into the game, eh?
The mod is small at the moment, but give it some time and thought, feedback and love and it will grow over time.
But let's cut this text, you are here for the features, yes?

As the first Task, I took upon myself to look at this '''useful''' 'Expert Mode' Item

Terraria_2020-01-14_17-01-13.png

We all know it, we all hate it and we all see this as wasted potential.
I took it upon myself to redo this useless brain cell mass into something that might be more viable
and now behold the changed version (The Item itself has been edited, so you dont require to craft it from the original brain)

lgghJ2BXrP.gif

Terraria_2020-01-14_17-06-28.png

Now onto the full Changes

Brain of Confusion now has it's own Visual, which takes place on the Player's Balloon Layer

Brain of Confusion no longer has a chance to confuse enemies when struck

Brain of Confusion now uses Summon Damage and has an Extremely weak knockback
-> These get buffs from increased Minion Damage and Minion Knockback
-> This does no take up a Minion Slot

Brain of Confusion fires a Homing Projectile from it's Eye towards Enemies that have no Obstacles in between them
-> The Accessory MUST be visible on the player to work, any other Balloons or hiding the Visual will stop the item from working correctly
-> Delay Between Shots: 2.5s + a Random time between 0 and 2s

Brain of Confusion's Homing Projectile causes the Ichor Debuff and a chance for Confusion
-> Confusion Duration: 4s, 50% chance to inflict
-> Ichor Duration on non-Boss Enemies: 3s
-> Ichor Duration on Boss Enemies: 2s

Brain of Confusion gains a buff when the World enters Hardmode
-> Damage increase to 30
-> Ichor Duration on Boss Enemies: 4.5s

Now with these changes we have 2 routes the Evil Biomes take with their Expert Mode Items;
While the Worm Scarf is a great Defensive Item, providing 17% Damage Reduction,
The Brain of Confusion is a great Defense Shredding Item, cutting it in Half, as well as providing a minor Crowd Control to some enemies

Feedback is always appreciated! Do you think there are some Vanilla Features that are underrated, boring or just plain useless? Maybe some Visuals don't strike your fancy? Feel free to post it in the comments!
The Mod should be available on the Mod Browser

And as always Wyvern Loves ya <3

TOMKA

Terrarian
This looks really promising! Can't wait to see, what will be added in next versions!

Also, I know, that my question can be silly, but will you ever release your content mod? Or it is discontinued (what, I hope, didn't happen).

Wyvernarian

Skeletron Prime
This looks really promising! Can't wait to see, what will be added in next versions!

Also, I know, that my question can be silly, but will you ever release your content mod? Or it is discontinued (what, I hope, didn't happen).
We'll see, I still have the files, so everything can still happen

TOMKA

Terrarian
We'll see, I still have the files, so everything can still happen
I hope it will be released one day considering the quality of that mod's content (both Ideas, Sprires and code). I seemed to be second Thorium to me (and Thorium is one of the most (if not the most) well-coded and interesting mods).

Top Bottom