Items Wyverntail pet

zephyr-wyverntail or more mature dragon?

• not a fan of this idea, SO I'M GOING TO SAY WHY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Orion_Bright

Retinazer
Wyverns are one of the coolest (in design, they are annoying as all Hell) enemies in Terraria. whats more is that there is a quest fish called the wyverntail. if you already didn't know these wyverntail are baby wyverns as the angler tells you, so wouldn't it be cool too have a baby wyvern pet?!

Wyverntail.png
that is the sprite of a Wyverntail.

Zephyr_Fish_%28pet%29.png
that is the sprite of a Zephyr fish, an existing pet.

if you were to make a pet like the zephyr fish but as a wyverntail it would be one of the coolest pets, better than things like the cursed sapling (due to the community love towards wyverns).

pqURHBr.png
this would be a sprite for the younger wyvern idea. its around the same size as the zephyr fish (pet not item to summon it, obviously)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another idea is make a more grown and mature wyverntail that acts like the stardust dragon summon, but does not attack enemys, is a tad smaller and it looks like the wyvern. obviously
here are the sprites of the two to give you an idea

299px-Wyvern.png
wyvern sprite
Stardust_Dragon_minion_%281_summon%29.png
S.D. dragon sprite

kLQuw5R.png
this is a concept for the more mature wyvern pet. yes, it would be a rather large pet compared to others, but i think a large pet would be a good change. also it would have three (small) segments like the stardust dragon.

after making the sprite i realize its a tad bigger than the dragon, not a tad smaller. devs, if your reading, its just an idea so i'm not contradicting myself
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6hRVEEK.png
the way to summon the pet would be with the cloudy perfume. its a 1% drop chance from harpy's, so if you want the pet that bad, you are going to have to grind for it
Harpy.png
Harpy.png
Harpy.png
Harpy.png
Harpy.png
Harpy.png

well, that is unless creative mode is added :0
it would be a perfect place to add the item, because obviously, wyverns are only added in hardmode. they are also useful throughout the game due too the souls of flight used in wings. thats why so many people like them (that and the design). when you get right into hardmode you can get a cool pet that will stick with you throughout the game by making a small box with some walls so you don't get insta killed by full grown wyverns in your weakling molten armor. get a sky bridge to go along with that box and a projectile weapon and the 2% drop rate would seem like a 20% drop rate with the spawn rate. i seriously see this being even more popular than cursed sapling, baby dungeon guardian or other cool pets. players just love the wyvern!
QXCDhUj.png
that's the sprite for the buff when the pet is summoned. the disc. of the buff will be "A baby wyvern likes your smell". the reason for that is, well... the summoning item is perfume! cloudy perfume!
so which ever design concept you choose, they would act the same. i was thinking of how it would just fly around your head, but that's boring. maybe it could crawl or hover or jump above the ground and when you fly a harpy would pick it up (like with the face monster pet getting picked up by the chrimara). if you want to make your own concept off the sprites or put this into a mod, go ahead. but if its into a mod just tell me so i can brag to my friends ;)

Last edited:
jeez don't everyone jump up and shout all at once... :rolleyes:

just kidding, if anyone wants to leave their suggestions feel free to do that. if the thread does start to get more viewers its possible i could try to make a sprite for the wyverntail. it might, be, uhh, a little bad but... *cough* k bye

Awesome idea, I love Wyverns as well! I'm a pretty bad spriter but I could probably mod in a basic Wyvern summon or pet. (I've never made a mod before, but I'm taking a programming class so I know the basics)

Good Idea! I also posted something about a Baby Wyvern pet a bit ago, but you went into more detail! Nice :)

This is obviously carefully scripted and super thought through, and who wouldn't want a pet wyvern?
Why thank you, reading it over I see a lot of grammar mistakes but It was my first (semi successful) thread and the first time I had to sprite. I am pretty proud of it all so I'm glad you enjoyed

This is a great idea! Maybe though the item could drop from a wyvern, since it is a wyvern pet. Anyways though, support because wyverns!
I would like it to be dropped from harpy's because they kind of seem like friends of the wyverns. If they were dropped from wyverns the 1% drop rate would need to be moved up to at least 8% or 10%.

Why thank you, reading it over I see a lot of grammar mistakes but It was my first (semi successful) thread and the first time I had to sprite. I am pretty proud of it all so I'm glad you enjoyed

I would like it to be dropped from harpy's because they kind of seem like friends of the wyverns. If they were dropped from wyverns the 1% drop rate would need to be moved up to at least 8% or 10%.

No problem I'm still working my way up so a freindly person who's up their helps

Back
Top Bottom