**REPORTED** [Xbox One] 1.4 Syncing Files Bug Thread (all new threads will be combined into here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now our best guess is that or something to do with old world saves having a problem or a character, so for now just wait, if ya wanna play just make a new account.

currently our best guess is if you had modded items such as unobtainble stacks such as more then the standard stack limit of an item, something about that causes a bug and causes it to not be able to sync files, but that’s my best guess.
Also you don’t have to delete ur data you can play the game by simply creating a new profile that haven’t played terraria in 1.3 or below and you should be able to play
This is not the case my friend has a ton of modded stacks (because he’s lazy) and he can get into Journeys end just fine what I can conclude is that it’s mostly accounts who played before the latest 1.3 patch

So I can say I have over 30 MB of cloud storage but I also have one modded stack of mana potions if you're curious what a modded stack looks like look at the picture I sent below it is a stock that stacks way over what is intended Given to me by another player when I was new I only had that one singular modded stack and I cannot sync my game I do not have any saved data from 360 however I am unsure about if I had any 1.2 data because I don't know what 1.2 update was when I started playing the moon boss was already in the game however if 1.2 is like before the crossover for dungeon defenders then I do have 1.2 information as well if you guys are trying to replicate the glitch you're going to have to get an account that has modded stacks that got online before this update so if you can get on a older version of Terraria get yourself some modded stacks I recommend the mana potion cuz that's what I have the big one from there try to convert that character over to this update by syncing. Now if the modded stack stuff does not work Try making characters and worlds on an older version of Terraria and then try updating and syncing make sure not to have over 25 megabytes of Cloud storage if that does not work try making an account with around 35 or more megabytes of Cloud storage then try syncing that one to the new update mind you if you're going to replicate this glitch you're going to have to do so by being on an older update of Terraria if you cannot do that you cannot replicate this glitch and I recommend wiping everybody of their modded stacks THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE DEVS. IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS I'M TOTALLY DOWN TO GET INTO SOME KIND OF CALL OR ANYTHING I HAVEN'T BEEN PLAYING THE GAME FOR VERY LONG I HAVE HAD IT FOR A LONG TIME THOUGH SO I'M SURE I'D BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT EXACTLY WHAT IS CAUSING THE ISSUE DON'T WORRY I'M NOT A KID I'M 22 YEARS OLD SO THIS CAN BE LEGIT AND NOT JUST SOME KID TRYING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION SORRY KIDDOS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-090148.png
    Screenshot_20211001-090148.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
Just asking is it bad to have modded stacks? I know its not harming anyone but just in case.
As with all versions of the game (PC, Mobile, Console) - whatever you do with your own game is up to you. However, anything modded in your game means that a bug report won’t be valid. If you have mods installed on PC, the bug won’t be looked at unless you’re running a completely mod-free vanilla version of the game. If you’ve got modded stacks in mobile or console and submit a bug, it won’t be a valid bug.

I have come to the conclusion as to what is causing the 1.4.0.5 or Journey's End xbox syncing files issue. Present 1.3 files are unable to sync with 1.4.0.5s update files causing a syncing issue. Switching between my main account to an account I have no previous 1.3 characters or worlds is able to move past the syncing files issue, while my main account gets stuck on the reported syncing files issue. I would suggest taking a look around applying 1.4.0.5 update files to present 1.3 files.
this does not take into account those that have present 1.3 files and did not have the syncing issues.

Deleting my files worked! Some people say it doesn’t work so If you plan on keeping your worlds think twice.

Last edited:
Just want to report the news on my console if the Devs need more information (which I doubt)
Console: Xbox One - Not sure but I am pretty sure an older one
Connection: Wifi 802.11ac and Physical Lan Connection
File Age: At least 6 years - Didn't play it again til recently in anticipation of the new journeys end update. I did, however, have the most current updates downloaded prior to doing this update. Not sure if that is relevant
Wld stats: The file was post moonlord; No modded stacks; nothing out of the ordinary.
Total Saved data: 25 mbs
Troubleshooting: Hard reset; Uninstall Game; Going from wifi to lan;
Result: Issue Persists - Syncing Issue upon launch
Workaround: Able to play on alternate profiles (not guest)
I am putting this together because people keep saying modded stacks is the issue; it's not because I don't have them. So leads me to believe maybe the older 1.2 version thing or unobtainable items causing issues. But I am about as qualified in games development as I am to perform open heart surgery. Which is not at all. Hope this helps!

Thank you Terraria Devs for working so hard to address this!

From what I’ve gathered over viewing stuff on the forums, an Xbox looking for group post, and reports that my friends gave me it may be something relating to 1.2 data on an account in general, I’m not entirely sure about it but all of my friends that have 1.2 data haven’t been able to get in, I personally haven’t played terraria on Xbox 360 so any issues relating to that im clueless on but it may also relate to the 1.2 data issue because if I’m correct Xbox 360 and PS3 terraria are still in 1.2, so I’d assume that the account still has some type of data for 1.2 I’m not entirely sure and I very well could be wrong, the Xbox post also had some mixed responses with some people who got in with their stuff and some people that wiped their data to get in, it could very well be something else and the devs seem to be close enough to identifying the issue but I wanted to share my outlook on the situation, hope they manage to get Xbox working again soon

I just found out there’s slime emojis:hoppinjack::kingslime:.

But to Stay on topic I’ve still had the same Syncing Files Issue for Almost 30 Hours, I Decided to Just play on My Cousins Account which was made in 1.3 and has No Modded Stacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom